Windows 10: Best Windows Update settings for Creators Update?

Discus and support Best Windows Update settings for Creators Update? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; This is a revised MS policy... so experience will tell. If you search, you will find much comment and speculation. Is there anything defintive out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by hbenthow, Jul 31, 2017.

1. dalchina New Member

Best Windows Update settings for Creators Update?

This is a revised MS policy... so experience will tell. If you search, you will find much comment and speculation. Is there anything defintive out there? Well, since it's a policy, policies change...

dalchina, Aug 1, 2017
  2. hbenthow Win User

I see. Thank you for the help.

I'll update this thread if there are any new developments.

hbenthow, Aug 2, 2017
  3. I have stopped auto-updates by setting the Default connection to 2 in Registry Editor, and I will be notified (via VBScript) of available updates.

Matthew Wai, Aug 3, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Aug 3, 2017
  5. There is no such option in my Home Edition, so I have to use VBScript, which will bring up a message box by way of notification.

So far, at my end, no updates have been downloaded and installed automatically without my knowledge, although 'Set as metered connection' has been off in the settings mentioned at Set Ethernet Connection as Metered or Unmetered in Windows 10 Windows 10 Network Sharing Tutorials

Matthew Wai, Aug 3, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Extract from the tutorial: reg file for those without the Group Policy Editor - the GP editor is just a front end.

3. To Set Windows Update to Notify before Downloading and Installing any Updates

Best Windows Update settings for Creators Update? [​IMG]
    Note
    Recommended.

A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 5 below.

Notify_before_Downloading_and_Installing_Updates.reg

dalchina, Aug 3, 2017
  7. If it is set to 'Check for Updates', will I be notified of updates?
    'Never Notify' is not suitable for me.

Matthew Wai, Aug 3, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

Sorry, copied the next section by mistake. See updated post above.

dalchina, Aug 3, 2017
  9. Since my VBScript will notify me, why do I have to use 'Notify_before_Downloading_and_Installing_Updates.reg'?
    Using VBScript, I can customize the message box. I don't think I can do the same with the .reg file.

Matthew Wai, Aug 3, 2017
  10. dalchina New Member
    How you achieve your aims is up to you... the way it works in the anniversary build is there's a notification on the task bar, the activation centre- click that, Settings, Updates opens and tells me what the update is, and so the chance to download if if I wish.

I believe this changes in the Creator's build to eliminate one step - according to the text I've seen.

dalchina, Aug 3, 2017
  11. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Sep 12, 2017
  12. Best Windows Update settings for Creators Update?

Matthew Wai, Sep 12, 2017
  13. I have not manually added/changed anything below, and the DWORD value of AUOptions is already 2. It means that it does not work at all.

Matthew Wai, Sep 12, 2017
  14. dalchina New Member
    I'm sorry to hear that.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Best Windows Update settings for Creators Update? - Similar Threads - Best Update settings

2. Windows creator update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows creator update: Hello, I have been having really big issues (fps drops and freezing) since the windows fall creators update. It has been more than a year and there is no fix for that yet. I would like to ask, if Microsoft does care about their costumers, because I am more than very sure,...
  3. Creator's Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creator's Update: What is Creator's Update? And How can I get that? Are Insider Program and Creator's Update Same https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/creators-update/1d440c83-6041-478b-9874-b651a8224bd1
  4. Corrupt user profile Creators Update, best course of action?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Corrupt user profile Creators Update, best course of action?: I have strong reasons to believe my user profile is corrupted following a manual upgrade to the Creators Update version 1703, with missing icons and other weird program behavior. I'm unsure what might be the best thing to do, I could try to move my existing data to a new...
  5. Creators Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creators Update: I don't particularly want to do a manual download but am I the only one that hasn't received the Creator's Update yet? I also read somewhere that certain applications running on a computer might stop the update from downloading. 89939
  6. creator update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    creator update: It appears that the creator update has me in its crosshairs. From what little I could find out the only thing I am interested in is the improved edge. Can all the other features be uninstalled or at least ignored. 86852
  7. Creators Update and Networking settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creators Update and Networking settings: I have a client who's point of sale software runs on Windows 10 Pro, and yes I know they should be using Windows Server but that changeover isn't going to be happening for a while. When this machine had the anniversary update installed last year, it reset all the networking...
  8. creators update

in Windows 10 Support
    creators update: I was wondering if anyone is having trouble with the creators update? I installed it on a desktop and laptop. The laptop seems ok with it. The desktop appeared ok at first, but after a couple of days things started happening. Keyboard would freeze, chrome with bing started...
  9. What makes Windows 10 Creators Update the best version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    What makes Windows 10 Creators Update the best version of Windows 10: What makes Windows 10 Creators Update the best version of Windows 10 ever?Quality. Our dedicated focus on customer obsession – listening and responding to user and partner feedback – are key to the quality improvements in Windows 10. The top areas we consistently hear about...
  10. Windows 10 Creators Update advances security & best-in-class IT Tools

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Creators Update advances security & best-in-class IT Tools: The Windows 10 Creators Update will continue to bring new security capabilities to IT administrators to better protect, defend and respond to threats on their networks and devices. A few weeks ago, we announced new features coming in the Windows 10 Creators Update bringing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Error Details Contact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out. AyBLwjXmnUWjkOMR.20 2019/02/28 - 23:36:16 UTC