Windows 10: BIO Enrollment

Discus and support BIO Enrollment in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After installing the newest build, I have this in the start menu under recently added. Clicking on it says to check in the windows store but the store... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by COMPUTIAC Guest, Mar 30, 2015.

1. BIO Enrollment

After installing the newest build, I have this in the start menu under recently added.
    Clicking on it says to check in the windows store but the store will not open.

Anyone else see this ?

:)

COMPUTIAC Guest, Mar 30, 2015

2. Cannot set up the fingerprint after sucessfully setting up the PIN

I had the same problem. I have reset the fingerprints on the BIOS and then after two reboots of Windows, the option for enrolling the fingerprints showed up and I finally managed to enroll all the fingers I wanted without any issue.

Henrique M N M Costa, Mar 30, 2015
  3. kjl1956 Win User
    how to remove fingerprint credentials?

Had a toshiba laptop some years ago with a fingerprint reader.

The only way to fix the issues described here was to run the readers software and

remove the enrolled keys.

Many be needed to remove the function for the pc login option first, set login to password before removing the reader

.Unregister each enrolled key, reboot. then rescan each finger.

Figer readers hold the info either in the scanners hardware or bios itself, so on a fresh install or upgrade it does not get deleted.

kjl1956, Mar 30, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

BIO Enrollment

Yes, not sure what it is yet though

5. I did a Google and found nothing.

6. Did the windows store open for you ?

7. Winuser Win User
    The Bio Enrollment doesn't work for me. The Store and Store (Beta) works.

Winuser, Mar 30, 2015
  8. BIO Enrollment

I can get the Beta store to open but, the regular store turns blue and stays that way, never opens.

Maybe Bio Enrollment is a future app ?

9. Dude Win User
  10. COMPUTIAC Guest, Mar 30, 2015
  11. adamf Win User
    I imagine "Bio enrollment" is "Biometric enrollment" - another term for fingerprint enrollment but possibly extended to cover your eyeballs and whatever else is in Windows Hello

You'd need the hardware (like a fingerprint scanner) anyway.

adamf, Mar 30, 2015
  12. I believe I read somewhere that MS was talking about future Windows 10 devices to become more "passwordless" and use more fingerprinting or retina scanning.

Spidey1976, Mar 30, 2015
  13. Wynona Win User

BIO Enrollment

Whoosh! That was weird!

I have it too, and clicked on it. I got, "This app can't open; Check the Windows Store for more info. I clicked on "go to store" and got a flash of Store and Whoosh, it was gone!

I then opened the Store and got eight games in response to my search for Bio Enrollment!

I then opened the Store (beta) and got "no results" to my search for Bio Enrollment.

Went to Wikipedia and was told the page does not exist. Go figure! *Smile

Shall we all send feedback on this one?

Wynona, Mar 31, 2015
  14. Wynona Win User
    I followed the link to Windows hello and searched "bio" and here's what I found:

I think this is a pretty accurate explanation. Looks like Adam F. figured it out and Spidey caught it in his web! *Smile

Wynona, Mar 31, 2015
  15. Edwin New Member
    I uninstalled it! *Think

Edwin, Mar 31, 2015
Thema:

BIO Enrollment

1. BIO Enrollment - Similar Threads - BIO Enrollment

2. I think i accidently deleted windows boot manager from my bios settings. So how to recover it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think i accidently deleted windows boot manager from my bios settings. So how to recover it: I accidently deleted my pc windows boot manager from bios settings. How to recover it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-think-i-accidently-deleted-windows-boot-manager/db14ac1a-9fb2-41b3-9aee-0314325dbd99
  3. I think i accidently deleted windows boot manager from my bios settings. So how to recover it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think i accidently deleted windows boot manager from my bios settings. So how to recover it: I accidently deleted my pc windows boot manager from bios settings. How to recover it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-think-i-accidently-deleted-windows-boot-manager/db14ac1a-9fb2-41b3-9aee-0314325dbd99
  4. Laptop Keyboard Not Working in Windows 11 Only Works in Safe Mode and BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Keyboard Not Working in Windows 11 Only Works in Safe Mode and BIOS: Device Specs:Manufacturer: LenovoModel: Yoga 9-14ITL5 Laptop ideapad - Type 82BGSystem Specs:OS: Microsoft Windows 11 Home Single LanguageVersion: 10.0.22631 Build 22631Processor: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-1185G7BIOS Version/Date: LENOVO EHCN81WW, 28-02-2024 The ProblemMy...
  5. Laptop Keyboard Not Working in Windows 11 Only Works in Safe Mode and BIOS

Laptop Keyboard Not Working in Windows 11 Only Works in Safe Mode and BIOS: Device Specs:Manufacturer: LenovoModel: Yoga 9-14ITL5 Laptop ideapad - Type 82BGSystem Specs:OS: Microsoft Windows 11 Home Single LanguageVersion: 10.0.22631 Build 22631Processor: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-1185G7BIOS Version/Date: LENOVO EHCN81WW, 28-02-2024 The ProblemMy...
  6. HELP - Why is windows update trying to install Insyde - System - 1.0.0.8 BIOS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP - Why is windows update trying to install Insyde - System - 1.0.0.8 BIOS?: Windows update shows it's pending a restart to install "Insyde - System - 1.0.0.8."It appears to be a Unified Extensible Firmware Interface UEFI BIOS - but it is NOT the BIOS for my laptop!I did not ask windows update to do this, it just automatically installed it and the...
  7. HELP - Why is windows update trying to install Insyde - System - 1.0.0.8 BIOS?

HELP - Why is windows update trying to install Insyde - System - 1.0.0.8 BIOS?: Windows update shows it's pending a restart to install "Insyde - System - 1.0.0.8."It appears to be a Unified Extensible Firmware Interface UEFI BIOS - but it is NOT the BIOS for my laptop!I did not ask windows update to do this, it just automatically installed it and the...
  8. ACPI BIOS ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ACPI BIOS ERROR: Hi, I have built a new system switching from AMD4 to AMD5 and I constantly get acpi bios error bsod. I have flashed the latest bios, bought new ram, used only one stick but it keeps looping bsod and restart.Attempted to install windows 11 from usb but it seems like the blue...
  9. ACPI BIOS ERROR

ACPI BIOS ERROR: Hi, I have built a new system switching from AMD4 to AMD5 and I constantly get acpi bios error bsod. I have flashed the latest bios, bought new ram, used only one stick but it keeps looping bsod and restart.Attempted to install windows 11 from usb but it seems like the blue...
  10. After i clear my hdd and reboot my pc i stacked in EUFI msi bios i cant open windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After i clear my hdd and reboot my pc i stacked in EUFI msi bios i cant open windows: I searched in windows how to recognize my ssd as boot and my hdd as a storage because, because my hdd is my boot before and sata detect itI just bought a new ssd also detects sata but in "NVMe SSD Self test" is not supported and does not show in "fixed boot order...