Windows 10: BIO Enrollment

Discus and support BIO Enrollment in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After installing the newest build, I have this in the start menu under recently added. Clicking on it says to check in the windows store but the store... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by COMPUTIAC Guest, Mar 30, 2015.

1. BIO Enrollment

After installing the newest build, I have this in the start menu under recently added.
    Clicking on it says to check in the windows store but the store will not open.

Anyone else see this ?

:)

COMPUTIAC Guest, Mar 30, 2015

2. Cannot set up the fingerprint after sucessfully setting up the PIN

I had the same problem. I have reset the fingerprints on the BIOS and then after two reboots of Windows, the option for enrolling the fingerprints showed up and I finally managed to enroll all the fingers I wanted without any issue.

Henrique M N M Costa, Mar 30, 2015
  3. kjl1956 Win User
    how to remove fingerprint credentials?

Had a toshiba laptop some years ago with a fingerprint reader.

The only way to fix the issues described here was to run the readers software and

remove the enrolled keys.

Many be needed to remove the function for the pc login option first, set login to password before removing the reader

.Unregister each enrolled key, reboot. then rescan each finger.

Figer readers hold the info either in the scanners hardware or bios itself, so on a fresh install or upgrade it does not get deleted.

kjl1956, Mar 30, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

BIO Enrollment

Yes, not sure what it is yet though

5. I did a Google and found nothing.

6. Did the windows store open for you ?

7. Winuser Win User
    The Bio Enrollment doesn't work for me. The Store and Store (Beta) works.

Winuser, Mar 30, 2015
  8. BIO Enrollment

I can get the Beta store to open but, the regular store turns blue and stays that way, never opens.

Maybe Bio Enrollment is a future app ?

9. Dude Win User
  10. COMPUTIAC Guest, Mar 30, 2015
  11. adamf Win User
    I imagine "Bio enrollment" is "Biometric enrollment" - another term for fingerprint enrollment but possibly extended to cover your eyeballs and whatever else is in Windows Hello

You'd need the hardware (like a fingerprint scanner) anyway.

adamf, Mar 30, 2015
  12. I believe I read somewhere that MS was talking about future Windows 10 devices to become more "passwordless" and use more fingerprinting or retina scanning.

Spidey1976, Mar 30, 2015
  13. Wynona Win User

BIO Enrollment

Whoosh! That was weird!

I have it too, and clicked on it. I got, "This app can't open; Check the Windows Store for more info. I clicked on "go to store" and got a flash of Store and Whoosh, it was gone!

I then opened the Store and got eight games in response to my search for Bio Enrollment!

I then opened the Store (beta) and got "no results" to my search for Bio Enrollment.

Went to Wikipedia and was told the page does not exist. Go figure! *Smile

Shall we all send feedback on this one?

Wynona, Mar 31, 2015
  14. Wynona Win User
    I followed the link to Windows hello and searched "bio" and here's what I found:

I think this is a pretty accurate explanation. Looks like Adam F. figured it out and Spidey caught it in his web! *Smile

Wynona, Mar 31, 2015
  15. Edwin New Member
    I uninstalled it! *Think

Edwin, Mar 31, 2015
Thema:

BIO Enrollment

1. BIO Enrollment - Similar Threads - BIO Enrollment

2. Start up / Boot problem - Bios issue UEFI / Legacy Wrong drive default

in Windows 10 Support
    Start up / Boot problem - Bios issue UEFI / Legacy Wrong drive default: TEMP - Will addimages shortly Hi All, Had a few problems with a driver that messed up this machine. All sorted, but have had intermittent boot issues ever since. Sometimes it doesn't boot correct, showing the Windows "preparing automatic repair screen!. I then go to...
  3. BIOS Updates Toshiba Satellite L505D-S5983

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BIOS Updates Toshiba Satellite L505D-S5983: The support page at toshiba.com does not support windows 10 for this laptop. My BIOS is 2009 and the computer was originally windows 7 home. I see two newer version for windows 7 dated 2016. I am having some hardware conflicts on this computer since using windows 10. I want...
  4. Windows won't load past BIOS screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows won't load past BIOS screen: The other day my computer froze. I waited a decent amount of time and things like ctrl-alt-del weren't working. A hard restart seemed like the only option. I proceeded with the hard restart but when it came back on the motherboard title page popped up like normal but didn't...
  5. Bios bootloop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bios bootloop: so i hard reset my pc and the reset froze. So i waited a couple of hours and it was at the same spot. So i turned off my computer. I then turned it on and its stuck in a loop where it displays a black screen then the bios menu screen and then it loses connection to my...
  6. UEFI BIOS Update via Windows Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    UEFI BIOS Update via Windows Updates?: One of the user tech's ("rockstar") on the Dell Community Forums reported he got a BIOS update for a Dell via the Windows 10 Updates. Was this a fluke or is this something that is coming for all or selected PC's? 123464
  7. BIOS sees DVD (sata) drive but Windows 10 does not.

BIOS sees DVD (sata) drive but Windows 10 does not.: I have connections on my motherboard for 8 sata drives and am using only 6, which includes the DVD drive. All of the hard drives and USB drives show in File Explorer but the DVD drive does not. How do I get the DVD drive to show in Windows 10?...
  8. bios

in Windows 10 Customization
    bios: should anyone know why I need to sign in twice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bios/a6908a03-820e-445d-ba79-f8bd42d50631
  9. Win10 not seeing all RAM; but BIOS does

Win10 not seeing all RAM; but BIOS does: This is a very new build, from October, and I just finally have time to address this issue. Windows 10's About specs, Task Manager's Memory Performance, and Resource Monitor, all show that I have 48GB of RAM installed -- but in actuality, I have 64GB. My BIOS has never shown...
  10. Lenovo Yoga 900isk2 - Update bios

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lenovo Yoga 900isk2 - Update bios: How would i update the bios of my lenovo yoga 900isk2 from a usb? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-yoga-900isk2-update-bios/959fa91d-fec0-402a-9b68-1554505a503f