Windows 10: BIO Enrollment

Discus and support BIO Enrollment in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After installing the newest build, I have this in the start menu under recently added. Clicking on it says to check in the windows store but the store... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by COMPUTIAC Guest, Mar 30, 2015.

1. BIO Enrollment

After installing the newest build, I have this in the start menu under recently added.
    Clicking on it says to check in the windows store but the store will not open.

Anyone else see this ?

:)

COMPUTIAC Guest, Mar 30, 2015

2. Cannot set up the fingerprint after sucessfully setting up the PIN

I had the same problem. I have reset the fingerprints on the BIOS and then after two reboots of Windows, the option for enrolling the fingerprints showed up and I finally managed to enroll all the fingers I wanted without any issue.

Henrique M N M Costa, Mar 30, 2015
  3. kjl1956 Win User
    how to remove fingerprint credentials?

Had a toshiba laptop some years ago with a fingerprint reader.

The only way to fix the issues described here was to run the readers software and

remove the enrolled keys.

Many be needed to remove the function for the pc login option first, set login to password before removing the reader

.Unregister each enrolled key, reboot. then rescan each finger.

Figer readers hold the info either in the scanners hardware or bios itself, so on a fresh install or upgrade it does not get deleted.

kjl1956, Mar 30, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

BIO Enrollment

Yes, not sure what it is yet though

5. I did a Google and found nothing.

6. Did the windows store open for you ?

7. Winuser Win User
    The Bio Enrollment doesn't work for me. The Store and Store (Beta) works.

Winuser, Mar 30, 2015
  8. BIO Enrollment

I can get the Beta store to open but, the regular store turns blue and stays that way, never opens.

Maybe Bio Enrollment is a future app ?

9. Dude Win User
  10. COMPUTIAC Guest, Mar 30, 2015
  11. adamf Win User
    I imagine "Bio enrollment" is "Biometric enrollment" - another term for fingerprint enrollment but possibly extended to cover your eyeballs and whatever else is in Windows Hello

You'd need the hardware (like a fingerprint scanner) anyway.

adamf, Mar 30, 2015
  12. I believe I read somewhere that MS was talking about future Windows 10 devices to become more "passwordless" and use more fingerprinting or retina scanning.

Spidey1976, Mar 30, 2015
  13. Wynona Win User

BIO Enrollment

Whoosh! That was weird!

I have it too, and clicked on it. I got, "This app can't open; Check the Windows Store for more info. I clicked on "go to store" and got a flash of Store and Whoosh, it was gone!

I then opened the Store and got eight games in response to my search for Bio Enrollment!

I then opened the Store (beta) and got "no results" to my search for Bio Enrollment.

Went to Wikipedia and was told the page does not exist. Go figure! *Smile

Shall we all send feedback on this one?

Wynona, Mar 31, 2015
  14. Wynona Win User
    I followed the link to Windows hello and searched "bio" and here's what I found:

I think this is a pretty accurate explanation. Looks like Adam F. figured it out and Spidey caught it in his web! *Smile

Wynona, Mar 31, 2015
  15. Edwin New Member
    I uninstalled it! *Think

Edwin, Mar 31, 2015
Thema:

BIO Enrollment

1. BIO Enrollment - Similar Threads - BIO Enrollment

2. Automatic repair; factory reset; aptio bios problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic repair; factory reset; aptio bios problems: Hi, i have a MSI GE72 6QD, i attempted to factory reset my laptop, through restore MSI factory settings whilst it was booting up, and the error message reagentc.exe set OS image false appeared, after closing it the screen just had "windows recovery failed! If you wish to...
  3. Enabling a slot from Bios in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Enabling a slot from Bios in Windows 10.: I have installed a PCIe card in a small express slot. I need to have firewire access to download Mini DV's. The computer is ignoring the new card. I assume the slot needs to be enanbled. I believe you get to Bios from Update and security, recovery, but I get so far and am...
  4. Black screen after HP January 16, 2019 BIOS update

Black screen after HP January 16, 2019 BIOS update: Our HP Pavilion x360 laptop computer went completely black after a BIOS update related to the HP Battery Recall Program. The update came through the HP Assistant software that came installed on the computer. The date of the update was shown as January 16, 2019. After...
  5. Black screen after unnecessary HP BIOS update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Black screen after unnecessary HP BIOS update: We have an HP pavilion x360 laptop which has the HP Assistant software installed. Through the HP Assistant software, we got an HP BIOS update related to HP's Battery Recall program. After updating to that BIOS, the computer would not boot. We waited for hours, but it...
  6. BIOS settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BIOS settings: How do I configure BIOS settings on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bios-settings/ddd53601-5bcb-4091-9192-c2b28f89ca67"
  7. Internal Hard Drive Shows in BIOS but not in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal Hard Drive Shows in BIOS but not in Windows 10: My Windows operating system resides on an internal Solid State Drive and all my data and some programs reside on a 2TB Seagate Internal Hard Drive. A couple of days ago, my system started being very slow to load, taking almost 10 minutes to boot up, programs slow to load,...
  8. BSOD occasionally after updated BIOS?

BSOD occasionally after updated BIOS?: Hey there! On the 9th of february I updated my BIOS to the newest version without any errors (atleast that's what it said) because it was long overdue since I'm using a Ryzen processor and the BIOS was a year old at this point. Ever since I've received two BSOD, the first...
  9. UEFI remove unwanted boot entries from BIOS solved easily

UEFI remove unwanted boot entries from BIOS solved easily: Hi folks with UEFI if you've installed say some Linux versions and you don't want them any more you might still see these at boot if you go into your BIOS boot menu. Easy way to fix these i.e remove them 1) Go into command mode (run as administrator) 2) type bcdedit /enum...
  10. Brand new PC build - Windows 10 will not load - ACPI Bios Error

Brand new PC build - Windows 10 will not load - ACPI Bios Error: I just put a new build together and am getting a Stop code (at blue screen) "ACPI Bios Error". I created a USB boot drive with a new 16G USB drive. The motherboard is ASUS an H110M-C/CSM with 2X4G 2133 RAM. The processor is i3-6100. From the splash screen everything...