Windows 10: Black Screen after Booting From Windows USB installer

Discus and support Black Screen after Booting From Windows USB installer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have tried to reinstall windows on my laptop because it is running slow. But when I try to boot from the USB that the media creation tool made,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jadenj123, Dec 18, 2019.

1. jadenj123 Win User

Black Screen after Booting From Windows USB installer

I have tried to reinstall windows on my laptop because it is running slow.

But when I try to boot from the USB that the media creation tool made, nothing happens.

The DELL logo wheel spins around for awhile and then the screen goes black and nothing happens ever that.

Please help me.

:)

jadenj123, Dec 18, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Dec 18, 2019
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Dec 18, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Thema:

1. Black Screen after Booting From Windows USB installer - Similar Threads - Black Screen Booting

2. Black screen after selecting USB to install Windows 11 from

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after selecting USB to install Windows 11 from: So I have just finished building my PC, and thankfully it turned on ok, and boots into the bios just fine. However, when I plug in my USB drive, containing the windows 11 installation I got it from the windows 11 installation media, and then select it in the boot menu F11,...
  3. Black screen when booting from USB to install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen when booting from USB to install Windows 10: I got a problem when trying to do a clean install of Windows 10. The screen went black after I selected to boot from USB. My motherboard is EVGA X299 FTW-K. In the beginning I tried to change BIOS boot priority and left only UEFI USB enabled. After that it stuck with...
  4. Black screen when booting from USB to install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen when booting from USB to install Windows 10: I got a problem when trying to do a clean install of Windows 10. The screen went black after I selected to boot from USB. My motherboard is EVGA X299 FTW-K. In the beginning I tried to change BIOS boot priority and left only UEFI USB enabled. After that it stuck with...
  5. Black screen when booting from USB to install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Black Screen from usb boot

Black Screen from usb boot: I have been trying to boot from usb to upgrade windows 10. The screen shows a blinking cursor , then the windows logo and restarts, it even crashes completely sometimes , and I couldn't get to install no updates through the media creation tool directly , and unfortunately I...
  7. Black screen after booting from USB Installation Media

Black screen after booting from USB Installation Media: now, my computer is pretty f*cked up, i can't boot into the system it keeps showing that "Preparing Automatic Repair" thing , safe and recovery mode don't seem to be working either. I tried booting from USB using legacy; It shows me the blue windows icon with the loading...
  8. Black screen after booting from USB Installation Media

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after booting from USB Installation Media: now, my computer is pretty fucked up, i can't boot into the system ( it keeps showing that "Preparing Automatic Repair" thing ), safe and recovery mode don't seem to be working either. I tried booting from USB using legacy; It shows me the blue windows icon with the loading...
  9. Black Screen after booting into Windows Installer Bootable USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen after booting into Windows Installer Bootable USB: Whenever i boot into the usb that has windows 10 iso files installed i am able achieve a screen with the windows logo and a cirlce loading with dots, after it fades my whole screen turns black with no installer appearing. I am unable to access anything in my computer other...
  10. Windows 10 USB Installation Boot Black Screen

Windows 10 USB Installation Boot Black Screen: I was installing Windows on a friends pc because he had too many viruses on it, after seeing that he had 6 partitions I combined and formatted them into one. After this I began installing it via a usb that I booted off of, after rebooting it was a black screen. We made sure...