Windows 10: Black Screen after Booting to Safemode with MSConfig

Discus and support Black Screen after Booting to Safemode with MSConfig in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was trying to fix a problem I had with the Oculus software and for that I needed to boot into safe mode. The conventional way of doing it wasnt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/umemesomuch, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Black Screen after Booting to Safemode with MSConfig

I was trying to fix a problem I had with the Oculus software and for that I needed to boot into safe mode. The conventional way of doing it wasnt working for me so I decided to use msconfig. I turned on the "safe boot" option and restarted. Once i restarted it turned on but theres was just a black screen and still is. I have no idea what to do. Theres no cursor or anything, just black.

submitted by /u/umemesomuch
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/umemesomuch, Nov 9, 2019

2. windows not booting, black screen yet safemode works

Hi Andrew,

I suggest you to force restart the computer and check whether you can boot into the computer or not.

Also I suggest you to follow the steps form the below article for
    “Black Screen”
    issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    Windows 10 Password problem in safemode

Hi,

For us to isolate the issue, we will need to ask you a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages aside from password incorrect?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far, after being stuck in safemode sign in screen?
    • What are you trying to do when you enter safemode with networking through msconfig?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Nov 9, 2019
  4. riqrat Win User

Black Screen after Booting to Safemode with MSConfig

Msconfig changed and no more login

It comes up that it isn't available. It isn't in safemode and there is no item in the bcdedit list with safemode.

However, I was able to solve this.

Although I cannot get into safemode with F8 or holding shift-restart, I was able by shutting down my system 3 times by holding power switch on computer. It came up with options and that allowed me access to safemode. From there I win-r for run box and started msconfig to restore.

Thank you for trying.

riqrat, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Black Screen after Booting to Safemode with MSConfig

1. Black Screen after Booting to Safemode with MSConfig - Similar Threads - Black Screen Booting

2. msconfig - set to start in SAFEmode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msconfig - set to start in SAFEmode: OK - I have Win10 PRO - logged in normally as a user - ran msconfig and set the checkbox to start in SAFEmode - but didn't realize that recently, there is now a login required to go into SAFEmode - well it does NOT take my microsoft admin PW - don't know why - so now I cannot...
  3. msconfig - set to start in SAFEmode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    msconfig - set to start in SAFEmode: OK - I have Win10 PRO - logged in normally as a user - ran msconfig and set the checkbox to start in SAFEmode - but didn't realize that recently, there is now a login required to go into SAFEmode - well it does NOT take my microsoft admin PW - don't know why - so now I cannot...
  4. msconfig - set to start in SAFEmode

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Black screen after using msconfig -> minimal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after using msconfig -> minimal: I'm planning to use ddu, so I want to turn on safemode on windows 11. I use msconfig -> minimal to enable safe mode, after choosing restart, my screen goes black, my pc still works fine, keyboard works fine, I turn off 3 times and it still got black screen, I used the key...
  6. Black screen after using msconfig -> minimal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after using msconfig -> minimal: I'm planning to use ddu, so I want to turn on safemode on windows 11. I use msconfig -> minimal to enable safe mode, after choosing restart, my screen goes black, my pc still works fine, keyboard works fine, I turn off 3 times and it still got black screen, I used the key...
  7. Black Screen after messing around in msconfig

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen after messing around in msconfig: So, today I got a new webcam and it had a problem. In the camera app the webcam would turn on and off rapidly, so I found myself in this community looking for answers. One of the answers I found instructed me to go to msconfig and disable all non-microsoft programs. That...
  8. MSCONFIG set to Minimal Boot = Black Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MSCONFIG set to Minimal Boot = Black Screen: Windows 10 Pro - latest updates Windows would not go into Safe Mode, thus I tried some known effective fixes. Nothing worked. I then made the mental error of opening MSCONFIG and selecting minimal boot radio button. Since the PC won't go into safe mode at all, the PC now...
  9. Black Screen After Boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen After Boot: Ok so I have had this issue happen to me twice now and the only thing that has changed is that I recently went from a Mamba TE to the Mamba Elite which had me install Synapse 3. What happens is my PC gets through boot, shows the Windows loading circle, but then it just goes...
  10. Screen no signal and black after restart button after msconfig/boot/safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen no signal and black after restart button after msconfig/boot/safe mode: I'm using Windows 10. I noticed that the color in screens have more greens and seems lacking some yellow tones or reds. Following the computer advise. I pressed the winlogo +r, then type msconfig, then in new box click boot/ safe mode/manual then click restart. Then the...