Windows 10: black screen after starting pc

Discus and support black screen after starting pc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, when I start my pc the computer brand comes up and then it all goes black. I can see a mouse cursor but only that. I can't enter boot manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Aslakk, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Aslakk Win User

black screen after starting pc

Hi, when I start my pc the computer brand comes up and then it all goes black. I can see a mouse cursor but only that. I can't enter boot manager either.

:)

Aslakk, Jan 19, 2017
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Windows 10 black screen after starting pc

Hi,

I suggest you to perform an automatic repair using the Windows 10 installation media. You will have a ISO of Windows 10. You may refer to the following link on download and create Windows 10 installation media:

Download Windows 10

Once you create the installation media, perform Automatic repair on Windows 10 computer, follow these steps:

a. Insert the media such as (USB or DVD) and restart your computer.

b. Press F12 key (typically this is F12, but it can differ between computer manufacturers) and choose the drive that you inserted the installation media into.

c. Once the Windows Setup window appears, follow these steps:

d. Click next and select Repair your computer.

e. You will then see a blue screen and an option to choose. Choose the option Troubleshoot and select advanced options.

f. You may choose Automatic Repair from Advanced boot option.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 19, 2017
  3. Windows 10 black screen after starting pc

Push--

DanilsonAndrelino, Jan 19, 2017
  4. black screen after starting pc

Aslakk,

Please select Option Six - Boot to Advanced Startup Options from a Hard Reboot:
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...a.html#option6

In this scenario, you may instead see the following on the screen: Preparing Automatic Repair
    Let the computer boot to the Automatic Repair screen.

Next, select Option One - To Do a System Restore of Windows 10 at Boot:
    System Restore Windows 10
    You may want to read the tutorials before you engage in the process.

Please provide an update on results. Thanks!

cottonball, Jan 20, 2017
  5. Aslakk Win User
    I have turned it on and off many times now but i'm still not getting that message

Aslakk, Jan 20, 2017
  6. cottonball, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

black screen after starting pc

1. black screen after starting pc - Similar Threads - black screen starting

2. Showing black screen after start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Showing black screen after start: I normally started my windows 10 pro just how I normally do and it showed that disc check to cancel press any key. I didn't wanted to disk check so I pressed any key and afterwards it is showing black screen. I restarted and this time I allowed to check disk. After 2 stages...
  3. Showing black screen after start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Showing black screen after start: I normally started my windows 10 pro just how I normally do and it showed that disc check to cancel press any key. I didn't wanted to disk check so I pressed any key and afterwards it is showing black screen. I restarted and this time I allowed to check disk. After 2 stages...
  4. Showing black screen after start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC stuck at black screen after choosing to start fresh

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC stuck at black screen after choosing to start fresh: I have been having issues with my PC since January 14th I have another thread that I was trying to solve some errors with blue screening and other errors. Today I attempted to just wipe the pc and reinstall windows using the setting in windows 11. It got to the point where it...
  6. PC stuck at black screen after choosing to start fresh

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC stuck at black screen after choosing to start fresh: I have been having issues with my PC since January 14th I have another thread that I was trying to solve some errors with blue screening and other errors. Today I attempted to just wipe the pc and reinstall windows using the setting in windows 11. It got to the point where it...
  7. Black screen when PC starts up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen when PC starts up: My pc has a black screen whenever it starts up, there's a cursor and you can access task manager and stuff but nothing works. the black screen disappears after a while, is there a way to fix this? submitted by /u/_Oopsitsdeleted_ [link] [comments]...
  8. Black Screen after Start-up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen after Start-up: Recently I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 on my laptop. Ever since then, every time I restart or turn on my computer, after the windows logo comes up, the screen becomes black with no cursor and it can stay like that for hours before the login screen comes up. Because of that...
  9. PC Unable to start with Black screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC Unable to start with Black screen: A few days back I had encountered a problem while I tried to open my user profile using my pin code on windows 10..and somehow it failed and took me to this automatic repair loop ..and no matter what I try I can't access my computer..it doesn't start even in safe mode it...
  10. PC starts but screen always stays Black

in Windows 10 Support
    PC starts but screen always stays Black: I was trying to find out why my new PC always starts with a black screen for about 40 to 50 seconds before starting at the Welcome/sign-in screen. I was testing if the same thing would happen if I tried starting in safe mode. I went to "run/msconif/boot tab and checked start...