Windows 10: Black Screen, automatic repair loop and AVG drivers

Discus and support Black Screen, automatic repair loop and AVG drivers in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I started having a problem with my desktop. After I logged in, my screen was a dark grey, no icons, no wallpaper. My windows icons and my cursor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KevuneMont, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Black Screen, automatic repair loop and AVG drivers

Hi,

I started having a problem with my desktop. After I logged in, my screen was a dark grey, no icons, no wallpaper. My windows icons and my cursor were flashing.

I restarted my computer a few times and nothing changed. Then It started the automatic repair tool and it stayed that way in a freaking infinite loop.

I tried many things, even deactived it with: "bcdedit /set {default} recoveryenabled No"

Then is showed me this error:

"Your PC/device needs to be repaired
    Operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors

File: WINDOWS/system32/DRIVERS/avgmfx64.sys
    Error code: 0xc000007b"

I tried to put windows 10 on a usb, but it doesn't work because I already have windows 10 installed.

I would like to know if there is an other solution apart from reinstalling everything and loosing all my programs?

:)

KevuneMont, Apr 19, 2017

2. Black screen loop, automatic repair loop, blue screen when booting off usb

I hope that you've read the description to my whole problem. When I use the ISO it simply does not work,I get a blue screen instead of the windows application. No words, nothing but a blue screen and a cursor when I attempt the iso. I tried both usb and
    cd neither which seem to work.

KyleWatkins, Apr 19, 2017
  3. Black screen loop, automatic repair loop, blue screen when booting off usb

Hello, I own a Cyber power tower that I bought during the summer. It has worked fine but now when I turn it on, 1. It will go to the windows screen and stay there for hours or 2. It goes to automatic repair then before diagnosing, it stays on a black screen
    with just the cursor.

Now I downloaded windows 10, with the tool made by microsoft, onto a USB. Now when trying to boot off this it stays on a blue screen with just a cursor.

I have no access to my computer at all so anything requiring that, is out of question.

KyleWatkins, Apr 19, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Black Screen, automatic repair loop and AVG drivers

philc43, Apr 19, 2017
  5. Thank you! Alright so I tried the command prompt "sfc /scannow", but it tells me "Windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation"

I am on "Administrator: X:/Windows/system32/cmd.exe"

KevuneMont, Apr 19, 2017
  6. philc43 Win User
    Did you follow the procedure exactly as described in option 1? Your command would look like this:

sfc /scannow /offbootdir=C:\ /offwindir=D:\windows

where C and D are found from the diskpart > list volume command to identify your system partition drive and your Windows 10 partition.

philc43, Apr 20, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    Hi, before trying to repair Windows, check your disk. Something caused what you experienced.
    Download Kyhi's boot DVD/flash drive from the top of the Software and Apps section, boot your PC from that- it will give you a Win 10 style interface.

Then run HDtune, which is provided on the disk.

If good, proceed as above. Else post back. Thanks.

dalchina, Apr 20, 2017
  8. Black Screen, automatic repair loop and AVG drivers

I will try what you suggest because no matter what sfc command I do I always end up with a message that windows resource protection could not start the repair service.

The diskpart and list volume command dooesn't give me any information has to where windows 10 is. Wish I could send a picture of what I did :S

KevuneMont, Apr 20, 2017
  9. dalchina New Member
    With that disk there is also a boot repair tool provided as part of Macrium Reflect you can try.

However, your initial report of a missing driver rings faint bells- when you've checked your disk (you can also use file explorer when booted from Kyhi's to examine it) try searching the forum for such a report to see if there is anything useful.

dalchina, Apr 20, 2017
  10. Alright, so I've managed to use Kyhi's software and the DHtune, it discovered 4 errors, but there's no option to fix them. The "sfc /scannow /offbootdir=C:\ /offwindir=C:\windows" command found integrity violation but no way to fix them.

I found the avgmfx64.sys file, so it's likely corrupted and not missing...can I just delete it? Or try to put AVG remover on a flash drive and use it to delete every AVG components?

I could still tried Macrium Reflect tonight, but the more it goes, the more I think the only solution is to reinstall windows 10 and loose all my programs *Sad

KevuneMont, Apr 20, 2017
  11. dalchina New Member
    Please post a screenshot of the HDTune errors.
    Also download and run Hard disk sentinel (trial) or failing that Macrorit Diskscanner (free) and post the result.T

There's no point proceeding with anything until we know if your disk is ok.

You could also try creating a base image of windows (use option 'Windows Backup' to capture ALL OS partitions) with Macrium to an external drive.

If that fails with a CRC error, your drive is almost certainly a problem.

dalchina, Apr 20, 2017
  12. So I tried so many things I've stop counting. All and all, I can boot normally (I think), I can logged into my account, but I'm back with this initial problem

[youtube]rNacLeaYD4c[/youtube]

KevuneMont, Apr 21, 2017
  13. Black Screen, automatic repair loop and AVG drivers

Thank you for trying guys, but I reinstall windows 10. Nothing seemed to be working.

KevuneMont, Apr 22, 2017
  14. dalchina New Member
    So now's the time to start using disk imaging routinely to give yourself a means of recovery without technical help, and without losing your installed programs and data.

Here's my write-up on the value of disk imaging.

Creating disk images lets you restore Windows and all your imaged disks and partitions to a previous working state from compressed copies you have created and kept updated on external storage media, quickly and probably without technical help.

You can recover from:
    - a failed disk drive (restore to a new one)
    - ransomware (which encrypts your disk)
    - user error
    - unrecoverable problems from failed updates to problem programs
    - unbootable PC (hardware faults aside)

Images also act as a full backup- you can extract files too.

You can even use images to help you move more easily and quickly to a new PC.
    Can be used with Laplink software to transfer your build automatically to another PC

Imaging can even help you sleep at night knowing you have a second chance.

Many here recommend Macrium Reflect (free) as a good robust solution and more reliable than some others. It’s
    - more feature rich
    - more flexible
    - more reliable
    than Windows Backup and Restore system images.

It's well supported with videos, help and a responsive forum.

There are other such programs, free/commercial, some with simpler interfaces, but Macrium R is one of the most robust and reliable.

How long does it take?
    SSD+ USB3 - maybe 15 mins for the first system image, less thereafter
    HDD + USB2 - maybe 40-50 mins
    That’s with little personal data, few programs installed.
    - of course, depends how much you have on C:
    (You can and should image all your partitions and disks)

Once you've created your first image, keep it updated with e.g. differential imaging- which images just changes from the first image, more quickly, and creates a smaller image file.

You need a backup medium - say- twice as large as the total amount of data you are imaging to keep a reasonable number of differential images. This will vary dependent on the number of images you keep, so is only a rough practical guide.

Some comment that system restore isn't always reliable; if it works and solves the problem, great. But sometimes restores won't work or fail. And of course a restore point only covers a limited number of aspects of the system. That’s where disk imaging comes in.

(There's a tutorial on Macrium in the Tutorials section, and a couple of videos in the user videos section on this forum)
    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect - Windows 10 Backup Restore Tutorials
    Windows 10 instructional videos by Ten Forums members

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Black Screen, automatic repair loop and AVG drivers

1. Black Screen, automatic repair loop and AVG drivers - Similar Threads - Black Screen automatic

2. automatic repair screen loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    automatic repair screen loop: Please how can I solve the problem of the automatic repair screen loop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-repair-screen-loop/b6d613f4-ce0b-427b-b1f0-6716a7e8bdb5
  3. automatic repair screen loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    automatic repair screen loop: Please how can I solve the problem of the automatic repair screen loop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-repair-screen-loop/b6d613f4-ce0b-427b-b1f0-6716a7e8bdb5
  4. automatic repair screen loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. automatic repair screen loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    automatic repair screen loop: Hello i was wanting to reset my pc and i went into recover mode an i tried to factory rest my pc but it didn’t work and now im stuck the automatic repair screab an im stuck on it I’ve bought my laptop for $800 an i dont want my laptop to go to waist just cause im stuck on...
  6. automatic repair screen loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    automatic repair screen loop: Hello i was wanting to reset my pc and i went into recover mode an i tried to factory rest my pc but it didn’t work and now im stuck the automatic repair screab an im stuck on it I’ve bought my laptop for $800 an i dont want my laptop to go to waist just cause im stuck on...
  7. Automatic Repair Loop after sudden Black Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Repair Loop after sudden Black Screen: Hello,So i have this problem, when i use my laptop as usual, a sudden black screen appear and it automatically restart my laptop. When it try to boot to windows, it cant, and display blue screen with "critical process died" and goes to automatic repair menu.So after trying...
  8. Automatic Repair Screen Loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatic Repair Screen Loop: Can anyone help me with this loop? I’ve tried of solutions already like startup repair and trying to reset but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated. submitted by /u/oTronos [link] [comments]...
  9. Infinite Boot Loop/Automatic Repair Black Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Infinite Boot Loop/Automatic Repair Black Screen: I'm having some issues accessing the Advanced Start up menu, or Windows Recovery Enviroment. I can't get past the initial boot up an either restarts, or gets stuck on a black screen. So the other methods of getting to the Advanced menu, or Windows RE, besides the shutting...
  10. black screen 'preparing automatic repair' stuck in loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen 'preparing automatic repair' stuck in loop: The machine has been in this loop all morning a blue screen comes up and states: go to www.windows.com/stopcode provide stop code: DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG any solutions out there? Thanks...