Windows 10: Blank page icons overlaying .lnk and .url files on desktop

Discus and support Blank page icons overlaying .lnk and .url files on desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As the title says I have blank pages overlaying only some file extension types. Here is a preview: [img] I have tried everything on forums so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mack Reed, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Mack Reed Win User

Blank page icons overlaying .lnk and .url files on desktop

As the title says I have blank pages overlaying only some file extension types. Here is a preview:

Blank page icons overlaying .lnk and .url files on desktop [​IMG]

I have tried everything on forums so far but haven't managed to sort it out. That includes downloading and merging the .reg files for those file types. I'm not a tech wiz in the slightest so please try to explain this to me in the simplest terms possible.
    Thanks for any help in advance.

Mack

:)

Mack Reed, Apr 16, 2016

2. shortcut icon on desktop will have the left corner arrow change to another sign (red cross, green check, or other)

I noticed in your screenshot there is no shortcut overlay icon. May be the "IsShortcut" registry value removed for .lnk files?

Ramesh Srinivasan, Apr 16, 2016
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan, Apr 16, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

davidhk, Apr 16, 2016
Thema:

1. Blank page icons overlaying .lnk and .url files on desktop - Similar Threads - Blank page icons

2. Icons Missing (displayed as blank white pages)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icons Missing (displayed as blank white pages): My current PC status: (purchased new in October 2018 with Windows preinstalled) Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 1803 (latest update as of Jan. 21, 2019) OS Build: 17134.556 My Problem: File icons (both in the File Explorer & on the Desktop) are showing up as blank...
  3. .lnk files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .lnk files: The OneDrive Support team have told me to delete the following .lnk files as they are preventing a full sync. But they've also expressed caution:"Some applications may depend on these links to function properly. Remove only the links that you know are safe to modify"....
  4. White, blank, desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    White, blank, desktop icons: Hello, My problem is this: All of the desktop icons for websites that I have loaded on my desktop suddenly all turned to white, blank icons. They were installed using the drag & drop method, which also no longer seems to work. What is the solution? I have tried to remove...
  5. So a white page overlay showed up on most of my desktop icons today...

So a white page overlay showed up on most of my desktop icons today...: [img] In that image you can see the problem, along with he nasty uac overlay which I also want to remove now there's an overlay of a page too almost completely obscuring icons with overlays I wouldn't mind completely deleting the files for... So yeah anyone found a way to...
  6. PNG Icon overlays the video files thumbnail

PNG Icon overlays the video files thumbnail: Hi all, Well, I have been researching in this (and other forums) and I still can't fix this. Actually in my Windows 10 there is a PNG icon overlaying the thumbnail of video files. This happened after I just tried to change the default icon of VLC player, but now, all the...
  7. Get a blank page in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Get a blank page in file explorer: Hello.When I type something into the address bar in file explorer I just get a blank page. For example I tried this %localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows the green bar came from the left to right and the page was blank,Its always blank what ever I place in the address bar. Any...
  8. Modern Desktop Icons are Blank?

in Windows 10 Support
    Modern Desktop Icons are Blank?: I created desktop icons for the People, Money, News and Weather apps in my user account. These initially appear with the correct icon but when I log off and log in again, the icons are blank. How can I ensure the correct icon is displayed? 34958
  9. Desktop icons with blank square

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons with blank square: Installed W10 8 days ago Today after a restart some of my desktop icons have a white square in front of them I made the view on large icons , normaly i use smal then only the white square is showing I tryed an icon-cache-rebuild without success Solved by restoring a...
  10. overlay on notification icon

in Windows 10 Support
    overlay on notification icon: Windows 10 64 bit Pro version 1511 [img] Anyone know what that circled bar is trying to tell me, there were no outstanding notifications in Action Centre pop-out. After a while I noticed it had it disappeared. As I'm writing this, I might have figured what it was....