Windows 10: Block a DLL with Applocker

Discus and support Block a DLL with Applocker in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, On my organization we want to implement Applocker to block unauthorized DLLs. So far, I've created a very simple test, I've created an exe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OliverCaceres, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Block a DLL with Applocker

Hi all,

On my organization we want to implement Applocker to block unauthorized DLLs. So far, I've created a very simple test, I've created an exe file that loads a function stored on a DLL. I created the program using visual studio and C#.

Block a DLL with Applocker 6f2c0613-d5bb-4701-ac86-8d5fbbf047d6?upload=true.png

I followed the instructions posted here to block the DLL that my EXE file uses to work using Applocker. This are my settings

Block a DLL with Applocker a296efb7-61f2-42a9-9661-dd35c92fd9fd?upload=true.png Block a DLL with Applocker b695c03b-a2cf-4400-a535-d2280777fe6d?upload=true.png Block a DLL with Applocker 89f752ff-185f-4e2a-9fc3-cfa9433ac3cb?upload=true.png

For my surprise this don't stop my program from loading the function in the DLL. Is there a way to achieve this using Applocker?

:)

OliverCaceres, Mar 18, 2019
  2. chisle Win User

Applocker not blocking -- Win10Pro, Applocker configured, AppIDsvc run

• Applocker: configured blocking of apps and executables
    • Applocker rules: set to enforcing
    • Service: AppIDSvc is running

I've been trying to get Edge and a couple other utilities blocked on the laptop to keep distractions to a minimum for my child who uses the computer to study.
    However, even after rules are defined, and they are set to enforcing as blocked, the apps and executables are still available to them -- even after a reboot.

I have followed the instructions here: https://social.technet.microsoft.com...10itprogeneral
    However, there is still no blocking of the apps or the executables.
    Thank you for your consideration.

chisle, Mar 18, 2019
  3. xy677 Win User
    Blocking Edge with AppLocker

Does anyone know how to prevent Edge from running using AppLocker rules?

I've tried various AppLocker rules to block Edge but Edge keeps running.

If you have managed to block Edge using AppLocker, what rules did you create for this block to work?

xy677, Mar 18, 2019
  4. Block a DLL with Applocker

Block an executable file with AppLocker

Hi everyone,

Does anyone here know how I can block (grey out) the "Reset this PC" on Windows 10 via AppLocker?

PariaShahabi, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

Block a DLL with Applocker

1. Block a DLL with Applocker - Similar Threads - Block DLL Applocker

2. Microsoft Store install getting blocked by AppLocker

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store install getting blocked by AppLocker: Hello,I apologize for making a second post about this but it won't let me comment beneath the original one.I was advised to download several files from Microsoft's servers on this page https://store.rg-adguard.net/ which I have now done.However, when I try to install the...
  3. Microsoft Store install getting blocked by AppLocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store install getting blocked by AppLocker: Hello,I apologize for making a second post about this but it won't let me comment beneath the original one.I was advised to download several files from Microsoft's servers on this page https://store.rg-adguard.net/ which I have now done.However, when I try to install the...
  4. AppLocker blocking Windows Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    AppLocker blocking Windows Settings: Hi, I am using a Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB OS version 1607 OS build 14393.0 and I am trying to configure some settings for AppLocker. I have only created the basic rules, but after some time after a gpupdate I have difficulties launching the Windows Settingseven as an...
  5. AppLocker blocks .ps1 extention

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AppLocker blocks .ps1 extention: Dear all. we successfully configured and implemented applocker for all domain users. But on some computers we observed some ps1 script tried to run but blocked by applocker. could you please tell me what kind of script are they?...
  6. AppLocker Allowed Executable Runs Denied DLL

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AppLocker Allowed Executable Runs Denied DLL: I am testing AppLocker's functionality to assess suitability for protecting a windows application from tampering. My goal is to test the robustness of its rules in the face of DLL hijacking. As a test I have a simple executable compiled from C# that displays a window and...
  7. Use AppLocker to Allow or Block DLL Files from Running in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Use AppLocker to Allow or Block DLL Files from Running in Windows 10: How to: Use AppLocker to Allow or Block DLL Files from Running in Windows 10 How to Use AppLocker to Allow or Block DLL Files from Running in Windows 10 packaged apps (aka: Microsoft Store apps), and packaged app installers. AppLocker defines DLL rules to include...
  8. Blocking Edge with AppLocker

in Browsers and Email
    Blocking Edge with AppLocker: Does anyone know how to prevent Edge from running using AppLocker rules? I've tried various AppLocker rules to block Edge but Edge keeps running. If you have managed to block Edge using AppLocker, what rules did you create for this block to work? 83673
  9. AppLocker Blocks Windows Store Apps Downloads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AppLocker Blocks Windows Store Apps Downloads: Hello -- I've Windows 10 Pro x64, and I did a clean install a few days ago because of a similar issue. Now, Windows Store does open up and installed apps run just fine; however, I'm not able to download new apps or update existing ones. Downloads get aborted with error...
  10. Applocker not blocking -- Win10Pro, Applocker configured, AppIDsvc run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applocker not blocking -- Win10Pro, Applocker configured, AppIDsvc run: OS: Win10Pro Applocker: configured blocking of apps and executables Applocker rules: set to enforcing Service: AppIDSvc is running I've been trying to get Edge and a couple other utilities blocked on the laptop to keep distractions to a minimum for my child who uses the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows block dll

2. unity .dll file blocked by applocker work around