Windows 10: Blocked Threat?

Discus and support Blocked Threat? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows 10 secyrity has been notifying me of the following blocked threat once a day for the past few days: TrojanDownloader:JS/Vdehu.A It says the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WRMILES, Dec 20, 2019.

1. WRMILES Win User

Blocked Threat?

Windows 10 secyrity has been notifying me of the following blocked threat once a day for the past few days:

TrojanDownloader:JS/Vdehu.A

It says the following file is affected:

file: C:\Users\billm\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\8Q5WLG5V\afr[1].htm

This is happening while websurfing and not from a scan, either Windows Defender nor Malwarebytes. I ran Windows Defender offline without results.

In looking at my C: file structure, I cannot find a file INetCache.

Any suggestions as to what is going on?

:)

WRMILES, Dec 20, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Windows Defender is blocking too much saying it viruses

Hi Sam,

Based on the screenshot that you've provided, Controlled Folder Access is turned on, blocking most apps that you're using. We suggest that you turn it off to allow blocked apps in Windows Defender. Follow the steps below:

• Select Start > Settings.
    • Choose Update & security > Windows Defender.
    • Select Open Windows Defender Security Center.
    • Select Virus & threat protection, and then choose Virus & threat protection settings.
    • Under Controlled folder access, turn it on or off.
    • Once done, try accessing the apps and see if you can now access them.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Anne Ros, Dec 20, 2019
  3. Try3 Win User
    Windows defender false positive - forced to allow threat

Windows defender has started to identify C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe as a threat [normally reported as a Trojan Powessere.G]. I use mshta.exe to run an hta custom MsgBox - I have been hoping to keep using my current CustomMsgBox tool [batch file calling a vbs-hta file] until later this year when I hope to have had enough time to replace it with a PowerShell alternative.

Windows defender's notification lets me "allow the threat" but that seems to me to be a bigger security hole than is necessary - it will now ignore a potentially real intrusion when all I want to run is a genuine Windows component. My immediate problem is fixed but I would prefer to fix the false positive using the exclusions list.

I cleared the 'Allowed threats history' so I could use the exclusions list instead. I added C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe to the file exclusions list and I checked that it had taken properly by checking the exclusions list both in the UI & in the Registry. But the exclusion made no difference, it continued to detect and block the exe.

I have repeated the attempt several times [by clearing the allowed threats list & exclusions list beforehand] and the results are the same every time
    - allowing the threat works,
    - using the exclusions list has no effect.

I studied the relevant tutorial but have not spotted an error in what I have been doing - Add or Remove Windows Defender Exclusions

Does anybody with experience of using the exclusions list to counter false positives have any suggestions for me?

Denis

4. Blocked Threat?

blocking apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Log in to https://familysafety.microsoft.com/ using your Microsoft Email account.
    • Find the user that is correspond to the computer account on the Windows that you are having issue with.
    • Click on "App Restrictions".
    • Under App Restrictions, click on "App list".
    • Here, you can Allow or Block the Apps/Games that you want.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

Blocked Threat?

1. Blocked Threat? - Similar Threads - Blocked Threat

2. Threat Blocked: How do I remove a quarantined threat.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Threat Blocked: How do I remove a quarantined threat.: Hello, I accidentally downloaded a malicious file which contained a Trojan and thankfully Windows automatically quarantined it.It says that it will be removed automatically, but it's been here for a while.How do I remove it manually?Thank you!...
  3. Threat Blocked: How do I remove a quarantined threat.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Threat Blocked: How do I remove a quarantined threat.: Hello, I accidentally downloaded a malicious file which contained a Trojan and thankfully Windows automatically quarantined it.It says that it will be removed automatically, but it's been here for a while.How do I remove it manually?Thank you!...
  4. As an admin, i cant open Virus & Threat protection, since its blocked by an IT admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    As an admin, i cant open Virus & Threat protection, since its blocked by an IT admin: So i cant recently enter my Virus & Threat protection, since its blocked for me by an IT admin, and i found it suspicious, when i couldnt find the gpedit.msc i have home version so idk if its included could anyone help me removing this so called IT admin, since im abit afraid...
  5. As an admin, i cant open Virus & Threat protection, since its blocked by an IT admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    As an admin, i cant open Virus & Threat protection, since its blocked by an IT admin: So i cant recently enter my Virus & Threat protection, since its blocked for me by an IT admin, and i found it suspicious, when i couldnt find the gpedit.msc i have home version so idk if its included could anyone help me removing this so called IT admin, since im abit afraid...
  6. As an admin, i cant open Virus & Threat protection, since its blocked by an IT admin

7. Virus Threat Protection: Block Win32 API calls from Office macro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virus Threat Protection: Block Win32 API calls from Office macro: Getting App or process blocked: powershell.exe Blocked by: Attack surface reduction Rule: Block Win32 API calls from Office Macro Affecting PowerShellLogs Looks like this is a known issue: https://twitter.com/search?q=Attack+surface+reduction just wanted to make sure...
  8. Threat Blocked on Microsoft Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Threat Blocked on Microsoft Defender: Hi, i was downloading something on my laptop. My microsoft defender found a virus on it and blocked it. It said "quarantined", can i remove/or delete the that contains the virus? how? please help me, thank you!...
  9. School account is blocking virus and threat protection on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    School account is blocking virus and threat protection on my pc: i logged into Microsoft teams with my school account on my home computer and I can't use the virus and threat protection at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/school-account-is-blocking-virus-and-threat/52750416-da4f-4bbb-95a3-5b08dd0eef73
  10. School account is blocking virus and threat protection on my pc

School account is blocking virus and threat protection on my pc: i logged into Microsoft teams with my school account on my home computer and I can't use the virus and threat protection at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/school-account-is-blocking-virus-and-threat/52750416-da4f-4bbb-95a3-5b08dd0eef73

Users found this page by searching for:

1. email blocked by virus threat

2. blocked threat windows

3. windows blocked exe threat