Windows 10: Blue screen after trying to switch administrator account into guest account

Discus and support Blue screen after trying to switch administrator account into guest account in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have to delete my Microsoft accounts from the computer which I decided to give to other person. I tried to delete an administrator account but at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarioMoody, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Blue screen after trying to switch administrator account into guest account

I have to delete my Microsoft accounts from the computer which I decided to give to other person. I tried to delete an administrator account but at first I used netplwiz command to turn the Administrator account into a guest account and then I intended to delete it.

Currently I lost access to the system, Settings will not open and I see blue screen which flashes and closes.

How can I remove my accounts but save it functionality for further use?

:)

MarioMoody, Feb 12, 2019

2. Guest Account - Active but Can't Switch to or See in Users and Signon

I am running Windows 10 Home. I the cmd window I run "net user guest /active:yes" and the command completes successfully. I run "net user" and it shows 4 accounts---my account, administrator, guest and default account.
    User folder has Guest sub-folder.

When I try to switch to Guest user from my profile picture in start, I get black screen, then login screen for my account. Guest does not show on my login screen, but is active. It is a fast login, like it is switching back to my account.

I cannot get at Guest account in login, switch user or in "Accounts" in settings.
    I have tried all tutorials in Tenforums that deal with switching accounts Switch User in Windows 10. I have searched on the internet and tried all suggestions.

The only thing I have not tried is to illegally download gpedit.msc and run it to add "Group policies" in "Windows Features." That was offered as a solution, but I don't want to take the chance to try it (malware on download.)

Guest account worked fine in Vista, Win 8 and 8.1. Why is this such a mystery in Win 10? Anybody got a fix that works?

lagunasrfr, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to delete the guest account:
    1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command: Code:
      Code:
      net user Guest /del

Vesao, Feb 12, 2019
  4. tsram90 Win User

Blue screen after trying to switch administrator account into guest account

How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to disable the guest account:

1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command:

Code:

tsram90, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Blue screen after trying to switch administrator account into guest account

1. Blue screen after trying to switch administrator account into guest account - Similar Threads - Blue screen trying

2. How to change an account standard/ guest to an account administrator??

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change an account standard/ guest to an account administrator??: Hi I accidentally change my account administrator into an account standard and i don't know how to change it back , i literally do anything, and nothing is working. And i don't have an another account on my computer. I really don't know what to do , pls help !!!...
  3. Changing guest account to administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing guest account to administrator account: Hi thereI am unable to use administrator settings even though I am using the only account on my computer which is considered a guest account. I got typing in Windows Run: "netplwiz" and changing my account permissions to "Device Owner"Now I cannot reset the computer or use...
  4. Changing guest account to administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing guest account to administrator account: Hi thereI am unable to use administrator settings even though I am using the only account on my computer which is considered a guest account. I got typing in Windows Run: "netplwiz" and changing my account permissions to "Device Owner"Now I cannot reset the computer or use...
  5. Changing guest account to administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to switch a user account to an administrator account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to switch a user account to an administrator account?: I made a stupid mistake and make the only account on my laptop into a user instead of an administrator and now I can't switch it back. When I try to do so in the settings it would prompt me to log in as an administrator but because my personal account is the only account on...
  7. Managing guest account as administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Managing guest account as administrator: I created a standard guest account with restricted access to settings. Now I would like to do some personalization tweaks on that account (add profile picture, edit input languages and layouts etc). I can't do that when logged in as a guest. Is there a way to configure the...
  8. Guest account

Guest account: How so I add a Guest account to my PC? When I go through Settings/Accounts/Other People, I get the message that I can't use a "snapin" with this edition of Windows 10, and that I must use the User Accounts too in the Control Panel. When I try that, it simply opens the...
  9. Guest account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Guest account: I asked this before but was unable to view any replies. My friend has a small business. He allows patrons to use his computer. Someone goes into settings and turns off the security and updates. How do I make an admin account for him with a password, and then make an open...
  10. Unable to show Administrator or Guest account on login screen

Unable to show Administrator or Guest account on login screen: July 15, 2017 I have WIN 10 Pro on a Dell laptop. I have been unable to find a way to show ALL accounts, User, (built in) Administrator, Guest account, etc at WIN 10 login/sign on. The only account I can get to show in my user account (which has administrator status)....