Windows 10: Blue screen after trying to switch administrator account into guest account

Discus and support Blue screen after trying to switch administrator account into guest account in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have to delete my Microsoft accounts from the computer which I decided to give to other person. I tried to delete an administrator account but at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarioMoody, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Blue screen after trying to switch administrator account into guest account

I have to delete my Microsoft accounts from the computer which I decided to give to other person. I tried to delete an administrator account but at first I used netplwiz command to turn the Administrator account into a guest account and then I intended to delete it.

Currently I lost access to the system, Settings will not open and I see blue screen which flashes and closes.

How can I remove my accounts but save it functionality for further use?

:)

MarioMoody, Feb 12, 2019

2. Guest Account - Active but Can't Switch to or See in Users and Signon

I am running Windows 10 Home. I the cmd window I run "net user guest /active:yes" and the command completes successfully. I run "net user" and it shows 4 accounts---my account, administrator, guest and default account.
    User folder has Guest sub-folder.

When I try to switch to Guest user from my profile picture in start, I get black screen, then login screen for my account. Guest does not show on my login screen, but is active. It is a fast login, like it is switching back to my account.

I cannot get at Guest account in login, switch user or in "Accounts" in settings.
    I have tried all tutorials in Tenforums that deal with switching accounts Switch User in Windows 10. I have searched on the internet and tried all suggestions.

The only thing I have not tried is to illegally download gpedit.msc and run it to add "Group policies" in "Windows Features." That was offered as a solution, but I don't want to take the chance to try it (malware on download.)

Guest account worked fine in Vista, Win 8 and 8.1. Why is this such a mystery in Win 10? Anybody got a fix that works?

lagunasrfr, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to delete the guest account:
    1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command: Code:
      Code:
      net user Guest /del

Vesao, Feb 12, 2019
  4. tsram90 Win User

Blue screen after trying to switch administrator account into guest account

How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to disable the guest account:

1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command:

Code:

tsram90, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Blue screen after trying to switch administrator account into guest account

1. Blue screen after trying to switch administrator account into guest account - Similar Threads - Blue screen trying

2. Guest account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Guest account: I asked this before but was unable to view any replies. My friend has a small business. He allows patrons to use his computer. Someone goes into settings and turns off the security and updates. How do I make an admin account for him with a password, and then make an open...
  3. Guest account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Guest account: My friend has a small business. He has a computer (Windows 10) that he often lets patrons use. Someone changes his settings and turns off security. I'd like to help stop this problem. Can I set him up an account as admin with a password, then set up a guest account with no...
  4. Guest account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Guest account: How do I enable the guest account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/guest-account/b9b128b8-31bb-4c65-99b7-77d4e23190f1"
  5. Unable to show Administrator or Guest account on login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to show Administrator or Guest account on login screen: July 15, 2017 I have WIN 10 Pro on a Dell laptop. I have been unable to find a way to show ALL accounts, User, (built in) Administrator, Guest account, etc at WIN 10 login/sign on. The only account I can get to show in my user account (which has administrator status)....
  6. Error On Trying to enable Administrator Account

Error On Trying to enable Administrator Account: I get an error when i try to enable the administrator account so it shows at logon It is as follows any help is appreciated See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text...
  7. Add Guest Account

Add Guest Account: How to add guest account that don't need password at startup, can somebody tell me?? 28594
  8. Guest Account Backups

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Guest Account Backups: Hello, I anticipate adding up to two additional guest accounts to windows 10. When I do a backup, are the guest accounts also included? 82913
  9. After Creators Update - Blue Screen - After Switching User Accounts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After Creators Update - Blue Screen - After Switching User Accounts: I'm having an issue since the Creators update. I have 3 user accounts on my Surface Book. Since the Creators update, after I switch user accounts I will get a blue screen restart. But it seems like this happens after I open Edge and play a YouTube video. That is the only...
  10. Black screen after switching accounts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after switching accounts: win key/L....select account..enter pw....get black screen with cursor. ctrl/alt/delete does nothing and suggestions i've tried do nothing. very annoying 22731