Windows 10: BlueScreen

Discus and support BlueScreen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Getting random blue screens i can't seem to find the solution its not hardware as i have tested them and i think it is software based. 38698 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by atwooki, Jan 25, 2016.

1. atwooki Win User

BlueScreen

Getting random blue screens i can't seem to find the solution its not hardware as i have tested them and i think it is software based.

:)

atwooki, Jan 25, 2016

2. Clean Windows 10 Install but BSOD When Updating Graphics Driver

The installation did not work. I bluescreened again. The driver is currently disabled in device management. If I enable, it I bluescreen.

BirdSpirit, Jan 25, 2016
  3. PA Bear - MS MVP, Jan 25, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BlueScreen

BlueScreen [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    BlueScreen [​IMG]
    DRIVER VERIFIER

BlueScreen [​IMG]
    Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Some windows drivers are blamed in a few crashes, but that usually means that a 3rd party driver is actually the cause.
    Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

BlueScreen [​IMG]
    Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

BlueScreen [​IMG]

BlueScreen [​IMG]

5. atwooki Win User
    im currently doing as you suggested i yet to have a crash will keep it running do you have any ideas as to the cause with the dmp i put on my first post thanks in advance.

atwooki, Jan 26, 2016
  6. atwooki Win User
    BlueScreen [​IMG]
    Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Some windows drivers are blamed in a few crashes, but that usually means that a 3rd party driver is actually the cause.
    Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

BlueScreen [​IMG]
    Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

BlueScreen [​IMG]

BlueScreen [​IMG]
    i have done as you asked and i got a blue screen watchdog violation here are my dmp files

atwooki, Jan 27, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    Please uninstall everything of AMD using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from AMD. Be sure to ONLY install the display drivers using custom/advanced options.
    Attachment 61206
    Code: fffff803`9de89610 fffff801`1f41b99fUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys atikmdag+0x3b99f 0: kd> lmvm atikmdag start end module name fffff801`1f3e0000 fffff801`208eb000 atikmdag T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys Image name: atikmdag.sys Timestamp: Wed Jul 22 03:35:10 2015 (55AEF34E) CheckSum: 014A50A4 ImageSize: 0150B000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

8. atwooki Win User

BlueScreen

[/quote] Just done as you have said i will monitor it for the next day or so and update you should anything happen thank you so much for the help.

atwooki, Jan 27, 2016
  9. atwooki Win User
    i had another crash with the drivers here are the dmp files in the zip file i followed the instructions you had given me **just to add the crashes seem to happen when the system is idle i managed to play for a good few hours and when i left it it crashed **

atwooki, Jan 29, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
  11. atwooki Win User
    I have just installed them i will monitor and update you on how things go thanks for the help again.

atwooki, Jan 29, 2016
  12. atwooki Win User
    in the week it had been fine but there have been 2 crashes since here are the dmp files the drivers did update today again and there was another crash only seems to crash when the pc is idle as when i left then comeback i found it had restarted.

atwooki, Feb 4, 2016
  13. axe0 New Member

BlueScreen

Please update the ASmedia sata controller drivers
    Driver Reference Table - asstahci64.sys
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for asstahci64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for asstahci64.sys 0: kd> lmvm asstahci64 start end module name fffff801`ee2d0000 fffff801`ee2e9000 asstahci64 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: asstahci64.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\asstahci64.sys Image name: asstahci64.sys Timestamp: Wed Jun 17 05:36:23 2015 (5580EB37) CheckSum: 00023B2F ImageSize: 00019000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

14. atwooki Win User
    [/quote] does it matter which one i use as im not sure which one i should download from the link you sent

atwooki, Feb 5, 2016
  15. axe0 New Member
    As long as the drivers are for Windows 10 it doesn't matter *Smile

Thema:

BlueScreen

1. BlueScreen - Similar Threads - BlueScreen

2. Constant bluescreens no solution yet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant bluescreens no solution yet: It has been a few months now that my computer has been having frequent bluescreen issues. Started on windows 10, tried a clean install of windows 10 and that did not stop the issue. Upgraded to windows 11 and still having frequent bluescreens. I actually had one the first...
  3. Constant bluescreens no solution yet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant bluescreens no solution yet: It has been a few months now that my computer has been having frequent bluescreen issues. Started on windows 10, tried a clean install of windows 10 and that did not stop the issue. Upgraded to windows 11 and still having frequent bluescreens. I actually had one the first...
  4. Some errors with my pc, bluescreen with rtf64x64.sys error, hundreds rundll32.exe tasks...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some errors with my pc, bluescreen with rtf64x64.sys error, hundreds rundll32.exe tasks...: As month ago, I started getting bluescreens everytime I open my pc its a good one and new pc, and recently rebooted. Every time it gets the bluescreen on start, then it restarts and opens correctly. Also I started noticing that the task manager is low, opens in 5 to 10...
  5. Some errors with my pc, bluescreen with rtf64x64.sys error, hundreds rundll32.exe tasks...

Some errors with my pc, bluescreen with rtf64x64.sys error, hundreds rundll32.exe tasks...: As month ago, I started getting bluescreens everytime I open my pc its a good one and new pc, and recently rebooted. Every time it gets the bluescreen on start, then it restarts and opens correctly. Also I started noticing that the task manager is low, opens in 5 to 10...
  6. Why am I recently get the watchdog violation bluescreen? Yesterday I got it twice, and only...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I recently get the watchdog violation bluescreen? Yesterday I got it twice, and only...: My screen freezes then goes to the bluescreen randomly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-recently-get-the-watchdog-violation/d84978af-17d4-45e9-9f86-4b02034f7c5e
  7. Why am I recently get the watchdog violation bluescreen? Yesterday I got it twice, and only...

Why am I recently get the watchdog violation bluescreen? Yesterday I got it twice, and only...: My screen freezes then goes to the bluescreen randomly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-recently-get-the-watchdog-violation/d84978af-17d4-45e9-9f86-4b02034f7c5e
  8. I have Bluescreen system service exception while playing games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have Bluescreen system service exception while playing games: I run the windbg and it shows that SYMBOL_NAME: nt!ExpAcquireResourceSharedLite+6ca MODULE_NAME: nt IMAGE_NAME: ntkrnlmp.exe IMAGE_VERSION: 10.0.19041.2251 STACK_COMMAND: .cxr 0xfffff801680ba920 ; kb BUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET: 6ca FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:...
  9. I have Bluescreen system service exception while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have Bluescreen system service exception while playing games: I run the windbg and it shows that SYMBOL_NAME: nt!ExpAcquireResourceSharedLite+6ca MODULE_NAME: nt IMAGE_NAME: ntkrnlmp.exe IMAGE_VERSION: 10.0.19041.2251 STACK_COMMAND: .cxr 0xfffff801680ba920 ; kb BUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET: 6ca FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:...
  10. I have Bluescreen system service exception while playing games