Windows 10: Blurring of lock screen in Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Blurring of lock screen in Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since a recent update (I am now at 10.0.18362), the background of the lock screen is blurred as soon as I press a key. I preferred the old way without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ronks, Aug 29, 2019.

1. ronks Win User

Blurring of lock screen in Windows 10 Pro

Since a recent update (I am now at 10.0.18362), the background of the lock screen is blurred as soon as I press a key. I preferred the old way without blurring; is it possible to go back and if so, how? I didn't see anything under "Personalization".

:)

ronks, Aug 29, 2019
  2. Edwin Win User

Lock screen picture blurs...

Enable or Disable Acrylic Blur Effect on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10

Edwin, Aug 29, 2019
  3. CmmTch Win User
    Lock screen image is blurred

I've noticed an unwanted change on the lock screen since updating to 1903, this is on both my desktop (Home) and laptop (Pro) while the sign on box is up, the lock screen image is blurred to the point of being unrecognizable.

The desktop is set to sign on automatically so the entire time the lock screen image is present it is nothing but a blur, on the laptop it does this after I press any key to bring up the logon box. This happens on both my computers and my wife's two laptops, one Home version and one Pro.

It's certainly not a deal breaker for the 1903 update, but this serves no useful function, and is an annoyance.

Is it just me and my systems, or do others see this too? And is there any fix/hack/work around I can do?

TIA for reading, and any for responses *Smile

CmmTch, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Blurring of lock screen in Windows 10 Pro

Disable blur on lock screen when opening a Windows session (1903 update)

Hi,

1903 Update introduces lock screen blurring when connecting to a Windows session. Problem I have is that prevents the user from appreciating the wallpaper I set specially for the lock screen as opening a Windows session can be quite long. I suggest there
    should be a setting that allow us to disable the blur.

Thanks for your time.

Shenmue is life, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Blurring of lock screen in Windows 10 Pro

1. Blurring of lock screen in Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Blurring lock screen

2. Screen blur

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen blur: Hello Everyone, This is Eswara here . I am Here to report a problem in display and bug in windows 11 . Sometimes some part of my screen is blur if I open or closes a app . And I have attached a screenshot for it .So pls tell me a quick solution for it...
  3. Blur Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blur Screen: Every time I turn on my PC I get turned down with a blue screen asking to restart. I tried safe mode, I tried to startup repair, I even tried to reset my pc without removing its personal files and I couldn’t make it over 50%. And I am now stuck without the ability to get to...
  4. Lock Screen Blurred when signing in.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen Blurred when signing in.: This has happened since update of Windows 10 back in October 2019. I don't like it would like a clear picture. Can this be corrected ? I am sure I am not the only one that does not find it acceptable. Await an answer....
  5. Lock screen backgound photo blurred

Lock screen backgound photo blurred: Since installing 1903 my lock screen photos have all been displayed blurred https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-backgound-photo-blurred/be7c4fe2-39f6-4aad-a74a-3d1b0cc9da41
  6. Lock screen picture blurs...

Lock screen picture blurs...: After one of the recent updates the picture on my lock screen blurs heavily once the sign in has been accepted and before the desktop appears. I dislike it; I like to see the picture I chose not a blurred mess. Can this behaviour be changed? 136768
  7. Lock screen picture blurs...

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock screen picture blurs...: After one of the recent updates the picture on my lock screen blurs heavily once the sign in has been accepted and before the desktop appears. I dislike it; I like to see the picture I chose not a blurred mess. Can this behaviour be changed? 136768
  8. Blurred backgroung picture on my lock screen.

Blurred backgroung picture on my lock screen.: How do I remove the blurred background picture on my lock screen and make it clear? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blurred-backgroung-picture-on-my-lock-screen/d6ff1681-e560-4656-9d85-6a843dff845b
  9. Lock screen image is blurred

Lock screen image is blurred: I've noticed an unwanted change on the lock screen since updating to 1903, this is on both my desktop (Home) and laptop (Pro) while the sign on box is up, the lock screen image is blurred to the point of being unrecognizable. The desktop is set to sign on automatically so...
  10. Lock screen image is blurred

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock screen image is blurred: I've noticed an unwanted change on the lock screen since updating to 1903, this is on both my desktop (Home) and laptop (Pro) while the sign on box is up, the lock screen image is blurred to the point of being unrecognizable. The desktop is set to sign on automatically so...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lock photo blurred after last ms update