Windows 10: Boostmypc Threat detected by Windows Defender every few minutes = w/no solution = HELP

Discus and support Boostmypc Threat detected by Windows Defender every few minutes = w/no solution = HELP in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Thx in advance New refurbished PC just started up with Windows 10 Pro (upgrade from Win7 I think) and refurb win10 license. Windows Defender keeps... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by appleNextTime, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Boostmypc Threat detected by Windows Defender every few minutes = w/no solution = HELP

Thx in advance

New refurbished PC just started up with Windows 10 Pro (upgrade from Win7 I think) and refurb win10 license.

Windows Defender keeps notifying of threat, but no solution.

Maybe came with original pc? I am OK is I wipe drive and reinstall win10 and start over as I just started with this pc.

Oops; two more notifications since I typed this....

Below is a screenshot of threat history.

What is the next step to get rid of this very annoying notification?

Boostmypc Threat detected by Windows Defender every few minutes = w/no solution = HELP 88b9abee-0812-4284-a24a-c586cdecd61d?upload=true.png

:)

appleNextTime, Apr 25, 2019
  2. Susan68NM Win User

Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection

Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection turns off and won't restart

Susan68NM, Apr 25, 2019
  3. Try3 Win User
    Windows defender false positive - forced to allow threat

Windows defender has started to identify C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe as a threat [normally reported as a Trojan Powessere.G]. I use mshta.exe to run an hta custom MsgBox - I have been hoping to keep using my current CustomMsgBox tool [batch file calling a vbs-hta file] until later this year when I hope to have had enough time to replace it with a PowerShell alternative.

Windows defender's notification lets me "allow the threat" but that seems to me to be a bigger security hole than is necessary - it will now ignore a potentially real intrusion when all I want to run is a genuine Windows component. My immediate problem is fixed but I would prefer to fix the false positive using the exclusions list.

I cleared the 'Allowed threats history' so I could use the exclusions list instead. I added C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe to the file exclusions list and I checked that it had taken properly by checking the exclusions list both in the UI & in the Registry. But the exclusion made no difference, it continued to detect and block the exe.

I have repeated the attempt several times [by clearing the allowed threats list & exclusions list beforehand] and the results are the same every time
    - allowing the threat works,
    - using the exclusions list has no effect.

I studied the relevant tutorial but have not spotted an error in what I have been doing - Add or Remove Windows Defender Exclusions

Does anybody with experience of using the exclusions list to counter false positives have any suggestions for me?

Denis

4. Boostmypc Threat detected by Windows Defender every few minutes = w/no solution = HELP

Windows Defender Detect threat Trojan:Win32/Pynamer.B!ac

Hi.

I encounter that my PC always have notification of Windows Defender that my PC have a threat, this is Trojan:Win32/Pynamer.B!ac.

It will happen ALWAYS when i open my PC. It always appear on my notification, but after 10secs it will quarantine this threat.

How to remove this notification/virus on my PC.

I already Scan my PC using of the following:

• Malwarebytes
    • Malwarebytes Adwcleaner

Hope you will help me guys.

Thankyou.

Cedrick Acuario, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

Boostmypc Threat detected by Windows Defender every few minutes = w/no solution = HELP

1. Boostmypc Threat detected by Windows Defender every few minutes = w/no solution = HELP - Similar Threads - Boostmypc Threat detected

2. Wi-Fi disconnects & reconnects every few minutes?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi disconnects & reconnects every few minutes?: Hi, For about 3 days now, my Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting & reconnecting literally every few minutes for no obvious reason? My PC is a HP Pavilion running the latest version of Windows 10. The only thing differently recently that I can think of, is that there was a couple of...
  3. Xbox wireless controller disconnects every few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox wireless controller disconnects every few minutes: I can't figure out what's wrong here... every few minutes my wireless Xbox controllers keeps disconnecting from my Windows 10 pc (using the Microsoft Xbox wireless controller adapter). It reconnects fine on it's own every time though, but it makes gaming impossible because...
  4. annoying notification sound every few minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    annoying notification sound every few minutes: this sound is the same sound that Windows7 would play when you shut down. Couldn't find what's causing it, disabled live tiles, antivirus and other softwares (note it's almost a fresh install of Win10), I'm in Focus Assist mode and other notifications sound differently.....
  5. Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection: Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection turns off and won't restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-defender-virus-and-threat-detection/a5ac7da0-b8d0-4fed-9ac4-0ecc992a2059"
  6. Event viewer crashing every few minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event viewer crashing every few minutes: Hello everyone i just win 10 on a new laptop HP i checked EVENT VIEWER and found an error under Applications occuring every few minutes but I don't notice it What does this mean Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 9/8/2017 11:17:41 AM Event ID:...
  7. USB Microphone cuts out every few minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Microphone cuts out every few minutes: Hello. I have a USB microphone for my computer. When I use it it will work for 5-15 minutes, before suddenly just recording nothing and displaying a 1 bar signal in my Recording Devices sound menu. Sometimes I can get it to work again if I unplug the mic and put it back in to...
  8. Windows stops listening to keyboard every few minutes...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows stops listening to keyboard every few minutes...: I am running resource monitor to see what is going on, as periodically my keyboard does not respond at all. I don't see errors in the event log, and I think I saw something like this when windows 10 first came out, and have reinstalled it over the weekend. There is a clue...
  9. Slowdown every few minutes - SHCore.dll?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slowdown every few minutes - SHCore.dll?: Hello, So I've been trying to identify this issue for months and I cannot for the life of me figure this out. I've checked EVERYTHING, and I can't trace where the lag is coming from. Reinstalled Windows multiple times and experience the lag. According to Process...
  10. A White window keeps popping up every few minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    A White window keeps popping up every few minutes: As the title says, I keep getting a white window that pops up around every 5-10 minutes or so. The window is completely blank and is resizable. It stays on my screen for around 10 seconds and then disappears. I attached a picture of a screenshot for you guys to see. I need...