Windows 10: boot disc

Discus and support boot disc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had a 3 day power outage and my HP Pavilion Desktop - 550-a17c died. I do not know the product key but when I originally purchased it from staples,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by chsmurphy, Jul 7, 2019.

1. chsmurphy Win User

boot disc

I had a 3 day power outage and my HP Pavilion Desktop - 550-a17c died. I do not know the product key but when I originally purchased it from staples, it came with a free Windows 10 upgrade. I think my bios died during the time with no electricity. I need an entire copy of windows or just a boot disc.

:)

chsmurphy, Jul 7, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Bree, Jul 7, 2019
  3. JWalker Win User
    Need Help Running Rescue Boot Disc

Thanks. I am in need of a step by step to get to what you are telling me to do. I have the boot disc in the CD/DVD drive and Macrium backup of my HD on a HD connected to the computer by USB. Do I need to have the boot disc in my computer before shutting it down. I can't open the CD/DVD drive when the computer if off.

JWalker, Jul 7, 2019
  4. GNJha Win User

boot disc

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

boot disc

1. boot disc - Similar Threads - boot disc

2. Windows seven won’t boot after trying to install Xerox printer disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows seven won’t boot after trying to install Xerox printer disc: I tried to install Xerox scan to desktop and computer froze, I cancelled installation and now it won’t boot, what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-seven-wont-boot-after-trying-to-install/203e83bb-a8f3-457a-a311-9f0c422f0571
  3. Windows seven won’t boot after trying to install Xerox printer disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows seven won’t boot after trying to install Xerox printer disc: I tried to install Xerox scan to desktop and computer froze, I cancelled installation and now it won’t boot, what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-seven-wont-boot-after-trying-to-install/203e83bb-a8f3-457a-a311-9f0c422f0571
  4. i recently updated my pc to windows 10 and i noticed that i have two boot folders in disc c...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i recently updated my pc to windows 10 and i noticed that i have two boot folders in disc c...: i also found other same windows folders in disk c and d and f and i deleted the ones that were in disk d and f because they were taking up space but i cant delete boot folder because it keeps saying that the folder is running and i cant even copy it to another disk tooi wanna...
  5. i recently updated my pc to windows 10 and i noticed that i have two boot folders in disc c...

i recently updated my pc to windows 10 and i noticed that i have two boot folders in disc c...: i also found other same windows folders in disk c and d and f and i deleted the ones that were in disk d and f because they were taking up space but i cant delete boot folder because it keeps saying that the folder is running and i cant even copy it to another disk tooi wanna...
  6. i recently updated my pc to windows 10 and i noticed that i have two boot folders in disc c...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows boots into system recovery no disc inserted then says system recovery isn't compatible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows boots into system recovery no disc inserted then says system recovery isn't compatible: Title says most of my problem. I recently ran into this issue after installing Vanguard anti-cheat, my computer boots to system recovery unless I tap f8 and disable driver signature reinforcement, but even more recently I attempted to update my pc due to steam removing win 7...
  8. Windows boots into system recovery no disc inserted then says system recovery isn't compatible

Windows boots into system recovery no disc inserted then says system recovery isn't compatible: Title says most of my problem. I recently ran into this issue after installing Vanguard anti-cheat, my computer boots to system recovery unless I tap f8 and disable driver signature reinforcement, but even more recently I attempted to update my pc due to steam removing win 7...
  9. How con I get a boot disc for windows 7 , I don't have a installation disc or a recovery disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How con I get a boot disc for windows 7 , I don't have a installation disc or a recovery disc: Windows boot disc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-con-i-get-a-boot-disc-for-windows-7-i-dont/b17aa253-9a7f-49f6-bd8c-51f65264688a
  10. How con I get a boot disc for windows 7 , I don't have a installation disc or a recovery disc

How con I get a boot disc for windows 7 , I don't have a installation disc or a recovery disc: Windows boot disc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-con-i-get-a-boot-disc-for-windows-7-i-dont/b17aa253-9a7f-49f6-bd8c-51f65264688a