Windows 10: Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10

Discus and support Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; When you powered back up, what happens? Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by endeavor, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10

When you powered back up, what happens?

Brink, Apr 21, 2016

2. Is show the windows logo for 5 seconds then is restarting again ,continuously

bencheaadelin, Apr 21, 2016
  3. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 21, 2016
  4. kessel Win User

I used option 2.5 and now all I get is a black screen, with No mouse pointer at all. It appears that my doesn't even come on. I disconnected my second screen and still nothing. I tried a full power down(disconnect the power cord and push the power button). It seems that windows doesn't want to go into safe mode at all.

kessel, Jun 13, 2016
  5. kessel Win User
    it appears that I had a conflict between my video cards. I read about that in a early thread. There was a video card integrated in the mother board. I'm not real savvy with computers so I didn't noticed the second video card. Now Windows rebooted in save mode and all is better. Thanks for all the info that's been posted in this thread, it was really helpful.

kessel, Jun 13, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Great news kessel, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Brink, Jun 13, 2016
  7. sunnypm Win User
    My Dell had hung up on an unusable blue screen when trying to get to safe mode. Three icons, network, narrator, and power were my only options. Could not get to msconfig.

bcdedit /deletevalue {identifier} safeboot

got it back to normal operations. Lifesaver! Had spent most of the morning surfing the web for solutions, with most assuming I had a good windows interface. Was only able to get to dos prompt after downloading iso onto usb drive.

sunnypm, Dec 29, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

I'm glad it could help sunnypm, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Brink, Dec 29, 2016
  9. Steve C Win User
    I can boot to the Safe Mode Menu using the Advanced Options method but there is no response to the keyboard and another wired keyboard I tried. These keyboards work fine in Windows otherwise. Any idea why this happens?

Steve C, Oct 4, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hey Steve, *Smile

Does this still happen if you boot into Safe Mode using any other method?

You might check your BIOS/UEFI to see if there may be a setting to enable USB at boot (if it's a USB keyboard).

Brink, Oct 4, 2017
  11. Steve C Win User
    The USB options were OK in the BIOS. I changed the Gigabyte Fast Boot option from Ultra Fast to Disabled and the keyboard now works on the Safe Mode start screen. Fast Boot doesn't seem to make much difference anyway since I'm booting from a SSD.

Steve C, Oct 4, 2017
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Interesting that Fast Boot was the cause.

Brink, Oct 4, 2017
  13. Steve C Win User

I determined that the Safe Boot menu works with the basic Gigabyte Fast Boot enabled but not Ultrafast Boot option. Go figure and note another oddity for your database.

Steve C, Oct 4, 2017
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Odd indeed. Thank you for posting back with your findings. I'm sure it will help others with the same issue.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Boot Safe Mode

2. Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking: Have a PC which won’t boot into windows 10. Was working until recently. It hangs on the windows loading screen.I can reboot into safe mode fine but I want to save files to usb as a backup. Many are one OneDrive so won’t allow me to do this. If I boot into safe mode with...
  3. Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking: Have a PC which won’t boot into windows 10. Was working until recently. It hangs on the windows loading screen.I can reboot into safe mode fine but I want to save files to usb as a backup. Many are one OneDrive so won’t allow me to do this. If I boot into safe mode with...
  4. Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can't Boot in Windows 10 Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Boot in Windows 10 Safe Mode: Greetings, I just made a terrible disaster where I curiously clicked a bundled registry files, which render my profile ‘broken’. Now I'd like to sset things right by executing Safe Mode from my Lenovo Yoga 6, however the screen keep getting stuck on Lenovo logo without any...
  6. Boot in Safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Boot in Safe mode: I got stuck in safe mode , when i tried to choose any option from troubleshoot it ask me for the password and i am entering the right password it is not accepting my password and its not booting my laptop with network mode , i have done couple of things thatis already on...
  7. Windows 10 boots only in safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 boots only in safe mode: I recently updated my laptop (HP ProBook 6470b) to windows 10. All went well , and I started to install the windows updates (just as everyone does) around a minute or so , the screen goes black. I can see the cursor , but nothing else. The windows also played some sounds. I...
  8. Windows 10 boot to safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 boot to safe mode: I recently had my disk drive replaced by Dell. The new drive supposedly came the initial Windows 10 image I had received when I purchased the system. I am no longer able to boot into safe mode by holding down the <shift> key when booting the system. The boot tab in msconfig...
  9. How to Boot Windows 10 into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to Boot Windows 10 into Safe Mode: I am using Acer Laptop and have installed Windows 10. Looks like there are viruses in the system and startup has got slowed down. The only way I see is to boot it into Safe Mode, and toggle the services. I need help on 2 things : How shall I make windows faster? How...
  10. boot windows 10 safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    boot windows 10 safe mode: How can I boot into safe mode or recovery on Lenovo Yoga 11e? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-windows-10-safe-mode/b836c78a-30ee-4c7f-beb0-7219767881f7