Windows 10: boot menu problems with mouse pointer

Discus and support boot menu problems with mouse pointer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a machine with three partitions of Win 10 Pro installed. When the menu comes up to choose which one, the mouse pointer is not displayed. If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BobD, Mar 7, 2016.

1. BobD Win User

boot menu problems with mouse pointer

I have a machine with three partitions of Win 10 Pro installed. When the menu comes up to choose which one, the mouse pointer is not displayed. If I move the mouse around I can eventually highlight a menu selection and boot into it. So the system is working, I just can't see what I'm doing. I can also use the arrow keys and Enter button.

I noticed this problem some time back when installing Win 10 on two of the other partitions. While I still had Win 8.1 as the default boot and I could see the mouse pointer. Last night I changed the last partition to Win 10 and I now have this bug full on.

My machine is fully updated to the latest normal stream of Win 10 Pro. Two of the partitions are 64 bit and one is 32 bit. I also modify the entry names on the boot menu as shown in this tut https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

This is not a high impact bug. If I don't crack the problem here I may eventually take it to Microsoft.

Any thoughts?

Bob

:)

BobD, Mar 7, 2016

2. Win 10 boot manager GUI menu, no mouse pointer

I have a machine with three Windows 10 partitions. When I boot I get the boot manager menu but there is no mouse pointer displayed. If I wobble the mouse around it will eventually intersect a menu entry and highlight it. I can then click and boot that menu
    item. So I have a mouse pointer but it isn't displayed. I can also do a work around using the Tab and Arrow keys. No big problem just an inconvenience.

Tonight I clean installed (booted from a USB) one of the partitions and I got my mouse pointer back. However, it only showed the pointer when the new system was the default boot. When I changed the default boot to either one of the other systems then I lost
    the mouse pointer. The other two systems were upgrade installs from Win 8.1.

I have a laptop which was also upgraded from Win 8.1. I forced it to show a boot menu and it had no mouse pointer either.

I'm not about to go and clean install the three systems that were upgraded. That would be an unnecessary pain. However, it would be nice to easily use the mouse again in the boot menu.

Anyone have any ideas?

thanks

Bob

Bob_Denton, Mar 7, 2016
  3. Hand symbol mouse pointer is not working in Windows 10 Platform.

When ever we hover a mouse over a menu, we used to get a Hand Symbol mouse pointer in IE 11 & Mozilla Firefox browser on Windows 8 platform. Where as now, in Windows 10 platform we are not getting the hand symbol mouse pointer in both IE11 (ver 11.7) & Mozilla
    Firefox.(Ver 48).

Is Hand symbol mouse pointer is not supported in windows 10 Platform ? or do we need to update the drivers for mouse pointers ?

Can some one please tell us how to enable the hand symbol mouse pointer in Windows 10 platform.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

PraveenKumar_898, Mar 7, 2016
  4. BobD Win User

Thema:

1. boot menu problems with mouse pointer - Similar Threads - boot menu problems

2. Mouse Pointer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Pointer: Hi there,My PC is fully up-to-date in regards to Windows 11 & mouse driver so it is not an issue related to things needing to be updated.I have never been able to change my pointer. When in mouse settings & selecting the pointer I am wanting it won't even change my actual...
  3. Mouse pointer problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse pointer problems: My mouse pointer disappeared out of nowhere and I was able to make the mouse pointer come back on the screen but now it's stuck in the middle and I don't know how to get out the middle...
  4. mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse pointer: I was changing my mouse pointer color and now there is this irritating blue square floating around on the screen. How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/33a2163f-e214-4004-bcff-3013b2638f93
  5. mouse pointer

mouse pointer: how can i get the mouse pointer to snap to e.g. [OK] in a choice situation? or to YES or to NO etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/f788a716-5532-47c4-aa43-2bc394a641b4
  6. Mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer: The pointer is fixed in the middle of the screen,touchpad/left & right buttons not working. Can anybody help please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/0dfd6cfb-a9cb-450e-924e-8bc8745d590e
  7. Mouse pointer speed problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse pointer speed problem: Hi, I'm having a problem with my mouse pointer speed which keep on changing everytime i turn on my laptop p.s im using a wireless 2.4GHz mouse Help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-speed-problem/cdc78563-43f2-47a4-a568-be7c61c97d0b
  8. Mouse Pointer Problem

Mouse Pointer Problem: My Lenovo Y500 laptop was upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. All was well. Currently i'm on Windows 10 v.1803 (not sure of the "build" number). I use left-handed mouse pointers which i added to the Cursors folder some time ago. The large left-handed pointers are...
  9. Problem with my mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with my mouse pointer: My mouse pointer sticks and its very hard and irritating to use my laptop without it. The same thing happens whether I'm using my touchpad or the mouse. How can I fix this problem, so that I can use my mouse and or touchpad without having the pointer stick on me every 3...
  10. Problems with mouse pointer scheme

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with mouse pointer scheme: I recently upgraded to windows 10 which went well except my pointer "hid" behind popups. Everything worked, if my pointer went over a selection it would highlight the selection and I could select with no problem, I just couldn't see my pointer. I was using a custom pointer...