Windows 10: Boot to safe mode from USB or bat for win10?

Discus and support Boot to safe mode from USB or bat for win10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win10 dose not seem to us F8 anymore dunno if it ever did and I hesitate to do a few hard reboots in a row at restart to get it to come up, so how in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ZippyDSMlee, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Boot to safe mode from USB or bat for win10?

Win10 dose not seem to us F8 anymore dunno if it ever did and I hesitate to do a few hard reboots in a row at restart to get it to come up, so how in the heck do you get into safemode?

:)

ZippyDSMlee, Dec 30, 2016
  2. Tryx3 Win User

Windows 10 Pro Update - No Safe Mode Option available with boot-up USB when resolving Blank Screen with Cursor Issue

Safe mode only applies to the installed Windows not to the temporary operating system used by the USB when you boot from it.

For guidance on Safe mode, see Start Windows 10 in Safe Mode - Windows 10 Forums

You cannot install drivers when booting from the USB either. You have to be in Windows to do that.

Denis

Tryx3, Dec 30, 2016
  3. WmMeyer Win User
    Reset Windows updates

Since wuauserv would not stop, I booted in safe mode. There it was stopped, ran your bat file which completed OK. Returned to a normal start up and windows update worked fine. Win10 ver 1511

WmMeyer, Dec 30, 2016
  4. Boot to safe mode from USB or bat for win10?

hold the shift key down and click restart, then down through trouble shooting.

Caledon Ken, Dec 30, 2016
  5. I used a image from MS to boot up the recovery environment but never could get to safemode, shift is the switch for safemode and not f8 right? I'll try that, if ti works like the old F8 where you can get to safemode then great, I can always do a minimum boot via msconfig but eh I managed to get to recovery and at least got back to before edge and recovery were borked. I swear I should give up and sue Mrefelct after windose is installed then after updates then after all the programs are installed.... LOL

ZippyDSMlee, Dec 31, 2016
  6. From Troubleshoot go to Startup Settings,

and,

To enable Safe Mode press the F4 key on your keyboard
    To enable Safe Mode with Networking press F5
    To enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt press F6

cottonball, Dec 31, 2016
  7. toolman59 Win User

Boot to safe mode from USB or bat for win10?

I have followed the above procedure, however the boot sequence freezes at the blue logo screen.
    I also tried safe boot from msconfig and locked myself out entirely.
    I have run SFC and Chkdsk and finally did a repair install, still no safe mode.

Is there anything else that needs to be done?

toolman59, Jan 14, 2017
  8. topgundcp Win User
    topgundcp, Jan 14, 2017
  9. toolman59 Win User
    Thanks topgundcp tried your link, boot still freezes at blue window logo.

Maybe the safe boot part of the boot manager is not happy with my SSD.

toolman59, Jan 14, 2017
  10. Anyway to set it so I have 5-10 seconds to hit a key to enter safe-mode at every boot?If I don't hit a key it goes into normal windows.

ZippyDSMlee, Jan 14, 2017
  11. topgundcp Win User
    Afraid not. Just keep on tapping F8 quick enough to get the menu displayed then make the selection. If no key hit, it should go directly to Windows.
    @toolman59
    You might have some other problem. Try to get into safe mode with no external device connected.

topgundcp, Jan 14, 2017
  12. Boot to safe mode from USB or bat for win10?

Can a boot loader pass the safemode command to 10 ? Or are they only good for different OS's not so much custom OS modes.

ZippyDSMlee, Jan 14, 2017
  13. toolman59 Win User
    topgundcp you are absolutely right, it is my 2TB Seagate external HDD that prevents my Win 10 booting into safe mode.

Thank you for the help.

toolman59, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Boot to safe mode from USB or bat for win10?

1. Boot to safe mode from USB or bat for win10? - Similar Threads - Boot safe mode

2. Is it safe to run this bat file?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is it safe to run this bat file?: Spo I was wondering how to get sandbox on windows 10 home and I came across this forum saying that I could run this bat file to try and install it.Enable Windows Sandbox Feature in Windows 10 Home Edition Tutorials tenforums.comThe bat file I downloaded was not blocked by...
  3. Win10 starts to safe mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 starts to safe mode.: After uninstalling the trial versions of antivirus ESET IS (with FW), win10 (v20H2 b19842.804) starts to safe mode. Probably there will be some rest of the installation that prevents normal. Although MSConfig cancels this safe mode, but only using a selective startup, or...
  4. Win10 starts to safe mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 starts to safe mode.: Afteruninstalling the trial versions of antivirus ESET IS with FW, win10 starts tosafe mode.Probably there will besome rest of the installation that prevents normal.Although MSConfigcancels this safe mode, but only using a selective startup, or minimal safeboot. I.e.do not...
  5. Boot in Safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Boot in Safe mode: I got stuck in safe mode , when i tried to choose any option from troubleshoot it ask me for the password and i am entering the right password it is not accepting my password and its not booting my laptop with network mode , i have done couple of things thatis already on...
  6. Win10 won't boot, won't repair BSOD trying to boot safe mode

Win10 won't boot, won't repair BSOD trying to boot safe mode: I recently upgraded from 7 to 10, I have version 2004. It has 3 SSDs. It's been working fine for a couple of weeks, but last night it crashed 3 times and after the 3rd time, it won't boot up anymore. I ran chkdsk, I've attached results below. I used Hiren's BootCD and saved...
  7. Win10 won't boot, won't repair BSOD trying to boot safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 won't boot, won't repair BSOD trying to boot safe mode: I recently upgraded from 7 to 10, I have version 2004. It has 3 SSDs. It's bee working fine for a couple of weeks, but last night it crashed 3 times and after the 3rd time, it won't boot up anymore. I ran chkdsk, I've attached results below. I used Hiren's BootCD and saved...
  8. Load Win10 on a USB and boot from it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Load Win10 on a USB and boot from it?: Folks, I'm trying to do some troubleshooting with my current install of Win10. I've been told that booting from a USB would narrow down my issue. I see tutorials about how to download the Win10 iso onto a USB to install it from that usb. That is NOT what I want to do. I...
  9. Failed to boot into safe mode and USB

Failed to boot into safe mode and USB: Hello, I haven't used my laptop in a few months. I booted it up today and got SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (It did not hit the login screen). System Restore, Startup Repair and Go back to previous version all encountered an error and failed. sfc /scannow ended with...
  10. Win10 Booted in Safe Mode - Mouse doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 Booted in Safe Mode - Mouse doesn't work: I have a problem. Two problems to be exact, but the most pressing being that my mouse doesn't work. It is stuck in the middle of the screen, and the cursor is invisible. The original problem I had, prior to developing this new mouse problem, was the start menu. Neither the...