Windows 10: Bootable Media

Discus and support Bootable Media in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am attempting to create bootable media from a USB Thumbdrive, and using the windows 7 USB/DVD tool in order to boot from the device., when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tyler Tomko, May 16, 2019.

1. Bootable Media

Hello,

I am attempting to create bootable media from a USB Thumbdrive, and using the windows 7 USB/DVD tool in order to boot from the device., when its at 100%, it says files copied successfully, but unable to run bootsect, to make the drive bootable. how would I go about fixing this issue?

Thanks,

Tyla T.

:)

Tyler Tomko, May 16, 2019
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, May 16, 2019
  3. Chewy Win User
    Ipod bootable drive?

I want to know if I can make my ipod a usb bootable drive.. will it mess up my ipod? I need to flash my video card back to normal.. Neros bootable cd gave me an error. I used a step by step guide, but thats another story.

Chewy, May 16, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

Bootable Media

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Thema:

Bootable Media

1. Bootable Media - Similar Threads - Bootable Media

2. Making a Smaller Bootable Media Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Making a Smaller Bootable Media Partition: When making a bootable media through the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool, it tells you that the minimum device filesize needed to create the bootable media must be at least 8 GB. If you try installing to a single volume thumbdrive with the partition occupying the whole drive,...
  3. Making a Smaller Bootable Media Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Making a Smaller Bootable Media Partition: When making a bootable media through the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool, it tells you that the minimum device filesize needed to create the bootable media must be at least 8 GB. If you try installing to a single volume thumbdrive with the partition occupying the whole drive,...
  4. PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable PXE-M0F: Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM. No bootable device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable PXE-M0F: Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM. No bootable device: My PC started showing this error, so I've tired to change the boot order around and it's still not working. This is the current boot order: IDE 0:, IDE 1: PIONEER DVD-RW, USB FDD, Network Boot: MBA v10.0.9, USB HDD, USB CDROM. What can I do to fix this or at the very least,...
  5. PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable PXE-M0F: Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM. No bootable device

PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable PXE-M0F: Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM. No bootable device: My PC started showing this error, so I've tired to change the boot order around and it's still not working. This is the current boot order: IDE 0:, IDE 1: PIONEER DVD-RW, USB FDD, Network Boot: MBA v10.0.9, USB HDD, USB CDROM. What can I do to fix this or at the very least,...
  6. Have trouble running the media creation file to make a bootable USB. Showing this page. Any...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have trouble running the media creation file to make a bootable USB. Showing this page. Any...: I am receiving the error code 0x8007007B - 0xA001B when running the media creation to setup a bootable USB drive. For some reason I cannot upload a screenshot so I will copy and paste exactly what it says.There was a problem running this toolWe're not sure what happened, but...
  7. Have trouble running the media creation file to make a bootable USB. Showing this page. Any...

Have trouble running the media creation file to make a bootable USB. Showing this page. Any...: I am receiving the error code 0x8007007B - 0xA001B when running the media creation to setup a bootable USB drive. For some reason I cannot upload a screenshot so I will copy and paste exactly what it says.There was a problem running this toolWe're not sure what happened, but...
  8. Media Creation Tool Windows10-22H2, renamed the intended bootable drive to ESD-USB. Is this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Creation Tool Windows10-22H2, renamed the intended bootable drive to ESD-USB. Is this...: Media Creation ToolHi,Using Media Creation Tool Windows10-22H2, renamed the intended bootable drive to ESD-USB. Is this normal?Wafik FahmyThanks...
  9. Media Creation Tool Windows10-22H2, renamed the intended bootable drive to ESD-USB. Is this...

Media Creation Tool Windows10-22H2, renamed the intended bootable drive to ESD-USB. Is this...: Media Creation ToolHi,Using Media Creation Tool Windows10-22H2, renamed the intended bootable drive to ESD-USB. Is this normal?Wafik FahmyThanks...
  10. Media Creation Tool Windows10-22H2, renamed the intended bootable drive to ESD-USB. Is this...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade