Windows 10: Bright backgrounds have strange effect with Night Light turned on

Discus and support Bright backgrounds have strange effect with Night Light turned on in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello all, Not really sure where to post this so I will start here. I have come across a problem when using night light. I'm unsure if it is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Chrispy19, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Chrispy19 Win User

Bright backgrounds have strange effect with Night Light turned on

Hello all,

Not really sure where to post this so I will start here.

I have come across a problem when using night light. I'm unsure if it is a microsoft problem or a Google Chrome problem but i'll try to give a run down of what has been happening.

I have noticed when playing back video that has a bright or washed out background that the night light setting has a strange effect.

If i take YouTube as an example, the night light seems to only have an effect when the playback bar/title are on the screen, then when it disappears, anything that is overly bright or white seems to go really bright, almost like glare but the rest of the video more or less stays the same.

It is quite hard to describe but i have taken a video of what is happening which hopefully should describe it better than i can. Here is the link:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/V3HGVoU9zVw4jHnr5

Pay particular attention to the window and the sunlight coming through the window in the video. Notice that when the playback bar isn't visible it becomes really bright, but when i tap the screen to make the bar reappear, it dims again.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a known fix for this?

It has been happening for as long as I can remember.

Video playback was on Google Chrome Version 70.0.3538.110

:)

Chrispy19, Dec 15, 2018

2. Night Light Settings

Separately from the Night Light, is the brightness options also disabled? If so, I might recommend these steps to make it work again:

1) Right-click Start button, choose Device Manager

2) Find the "monitors" section in the list and expand it

3) Right-click and uninstall every item listed under the monitors section

….. note: don't accidentally go to the "display adapter section", leave that one untouched.

4) Click the "scan for hardware" button on the toolbar up top (the icon with the magnifying glass inside it)

5) Try brightness and night light settings again

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Dec 15, 2018
  3. My screen brightness keeps fluctuating even though "Automatically Adjust Brightness" and "Night Light" are both turned off

Issue: It appears that my laptop screen keeps fluctuating with a yellow tint instead of staying at the brightness I set it to.

• "Night Light" is turned off and no schedule is set for it.
    • "Automatically Adjust Brightness" is turned off, as well.
    • This happens when both plugged in and when unplugged.

I'm just trying to figure out why it's doing it, so I can fix the issue.

Device:

• Lenovo Yoga 720 (new)

Zach Unsell, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Bright backgrounds have strange effect with Night Light turned on

Sumit Dhiman2, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

Bright backgrounds have strange effect with Night Light turned on

1. Bright backgrounds have strange effect with Night Light turned on - Similar Threads - Bright backgrounds strange

2. Night light and brightness not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night light and brightness not working: Hi I'm Aanchal pandey and I have a lenovo laptop with windows 11 installed, my display doesn't seem to be functioning properly. The brightness and night light are not changing everything else seems to be working so far, can I get a suggestion on how to fix this issue. Regards...
  3. Night light and brightness not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Night light and brightness not working: Hi I'm Aanchal pandey and I have a lenovo laptop with windows 11 installed, my display doesn't seem to be functioning properly. The brightness and night light are not changing everything else seems to be working so far, can I get a suggestion on how to fix this issue. Regards...
  4. Night light effect automatically turns off after proper restart of laptop but i have...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Night light effect automatically turns off after proper restart of laptop but i have...: when i then try to turn on night light then first it shows night light mode off and then on again clic it sho night light mode on.Means just the night light mode effect go off but the mode itself is on. Please fix this issue or provide me with solution...
  5. Night light effect automatically turns off after proper restart of laptop but i have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Night light effect automatically turns off after proper restart of laptop but i have...: when i then try to turn on night light then first it shows night light mode off and then on again clic it sho night light mode on.Means just the night light mode effect go off but the mode itself is on. Please fix this issue or provide me with solution...
  6. Night light and brightness

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Night light and brightness: At what level should I keep both? submitted by /u/AyeILY [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lxl9n5/night_light_and_brightness/
  7. Broken brightness setting and Night Light

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Broken brightness setting and Night Light: Hello, Since scheduling night light I'm unable to change screen brightness setting. Night light strength adjustment also not working even in night light schedule "off" time. Turning off the schedule switch altogether solves night mode strength lock but global screen...
  8. Night Light acting strange

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Night Light acting strange: Hello on my Microsoft surface pro 7, the night light will just randomly turn off when I put the surface to sleep and to turn the night light back on, I have to go into settings and toggle the night light switch off then back on, is there any way to fix this?...
  9. Night Light will not turn on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night Light will not turn on: Hi, I have my night light settings set to turn on at sunset and turn off at sunrise but it never turns on. Even if I choose the option 'turn on now' it makes no change, it simply will not turn on. Anyone know how to fix this?...
  10. brightness and night light

in Windows 10 Customization
    brightness and night light: I have been trying to reduce my brightness since I upgraded to windows 10 and its not working and also my night light option is no[ATTACH]t working . cant use it, its just blur. not active...