Windows 10: Bringing Extensions to Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Bringing Extensions to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I am excited to share that we have shipped the first preview release of Microsoft Edge with extensions support to Windows Insiders. Since the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Bringing Extensions to Microsoft Edge

Source: Bringing Extensions to Microsoft Edge | Windows Experience Blog

See also: Microsoft Edge extensions now available to preview - Windows 10 Forums

Bringing Extensions to Microsoft Edge [​IMG]
    Tip How to Add or Remove Extensions in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

Brink, Mar 17, 2016

2. This great news indeed. Looking forward to when us normal users can also have access to extensions.

What matters for me of course, is not MS approved extensions and add in but extensions I require from other websites and companies of my own choosing.

:)

Geoff Daniell, Mar 18, 2016
  3. Guru Kiran G, Mar 18, 2016
  4. Bringing Extensions to Microsoft Edge

Extensions in Microsoft Edge

Source? I heard of edge supporting extensions soon but never actually saw anything on it. could you please provide where you got this info from? not that I don't believe you, I would just like to track it closer. thanks!

andrewvalencia, Mar 18, 2016
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    Edge extensions will come from the Windows Store and not a separate Website. One of the goals is to make it is as easy as possible to translate Chrome extensions to Edge ones.

BunnyJ, Mar 18, 2016
  6. Microsoft Announces App to Easily Bring Google Chrome Extensions on Edge Browser
    This app is not yet finished,” but will launch soon

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) date[/quote]

Cluster Head, Mar 18, 2016
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    If I remember correlctly MS said that you would/could use Chrome extensions in Edge.. I guess they were not kidding about that.

I like the plan overall. It provides a solid base of extensions to build off of. Hopefully they have tight control over the ones that
    end up on the store.

BunnyJ, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Bringing Extensions to Microsoft Edge

1. Bringing Extensions to Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Bringing Extensions Microsoft

2. An extension and microsoft edge issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An extension and microsoft edge issue: Hi all, recently i have been trying out edge, and well i have a few issues, first of all, i have an extension that is unremovable installed on the browser called apps, and it is installed by an organisation, I have no organisation, i bought my laptop brand new from Argos UK,...
  3. An extension and microsoft edge issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An extension and microsoft edge issue: Hi all, recently i have been trying out edge, and well i have a few issues, first of all, i have an extension that is unremovable installed on the browser called apps, and it is installed by an organisation, I have no organisation, i bought my laptop brand new from Argos UK,...
  4. An extension and microsoft edge issue

in Cortana
  5. Edge EXTENSIONS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge EXTENSIONS: Is there any way of getting the TIME and DATE on to Edge Extension/Taskbar ? And - when will the new Edge with Chrome extensions be released ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-extensions/10b0f99f-4c15-4e35-97e9-3a6cffd80b09
  6. Edge Extensions

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Edge Extensions: I have a Dell Latitude 10 ST2E Table running Windows 10 Ver. 1607, Build 14393.2551. I had the RoboForm Extension Installed. On one of the recent updates, the extension disappeared. If I go back into the Microsoft Store to download it, it says you own this product but the...
  7. Night Eye for Edge extension brings Dark Mode to any website

in Browsers and Email
    Night Eye for Edge extension brings Dark Mode to any website: https://mspoweruser.com/night-eye-fo...o-any-website/ At last!! I'm quite used to the dark mode in all the pages in Chrome thanks to an extension, so when I used Edge, I was quite annoyed by the white color in some pages, some said that with "Turn off the Lights" you could...
  8. Edge extensions

in Browsers and Email
    Edge extensions: Does MS Edge support add-ons/extensions? I use Last Pass & xmarks in Firefox, IE and Chrome. Is it possible to use them in Edge? Thanks. 13599
  9. Bringing WebVR to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Bringing WebVR to Microsoft Edge: Today, we’re excited to announce that we’ve begun development on experimental WebVR support in Microsoft Edge! WebVR is the next frontier in web graphics, enabling developers to create a wide range of truly immersive experiences for a variety of devices. Innovative and...
  10. Bringing Asm.js to Chakra and Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Bringing Asm.js to Chakra and Microsoft Edge: A couple of months back, we announced that we had started development on Asm.js. Support for Asm.js has been one of the top 10 most-requested items at the Microsoft Edge Developer Suggestion Box on UserVoice since we launched it in December 2014. Since that time, we’ve made...