Windows 10: Browse Folder with the new Photo application

Discus and support Browse Folder with the new Photo application in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello One of the most useful feature of the previous Photo viewer ist that it easaly allow to browse all the images in the folder where any image was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by olibara, Feb 26, 2016.

1. olibara Win User

Browse Folder with the new Photo application

Hello
    One of the most useful feature of the previous Photo viewer ist that it easaly allow to browse all the images in the folder where any image was opened

This feature seems to have diasapear in Windows 10 so on every machine installed with Windows 10 I replace the default application to open image by the old Photo viewer

But I do not really understand why Microsofr is replacing very usefull application by new and removing very useful feature
    So for now I do not see many improvement for new apps around Windows 10
    Paint .NET +Photo Viewer is much better that the new MS Photo
    Thunderbird is much better that the ridiculous new Microsoft Mail
    Configuring Chrome is much easier than Edge etc..

Am I wrong ?

:)

olibara, Feb 26, 2016

2. Transfer from Download to Photos in Windows 10

Hi John,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Which application are you using to access photos on your computer?
    • Are you referring to move the photos to My pictures folder in File Explorer?

I would like to inform that my default all the downloaded files/ pictures will be stored under Downloads folder in File Explorer. You may try to copy the photos from Downloads folder to My Pictures folder and check if it helps.

If you are using Photos app to access pictures, copy the pictures from Downloads folder to a new folder, open the app, click on
    + to add the folder, browse for the new folder and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the photos for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 26, 2016
  3. Photo app: Separate window for each photo?

Is it really impossible in the new Photo app to open one photo in a folder and then browse thtough the rest of the photos in the same folder in only one Photo app window? As it it is now, this seems possible only in "Albums" saved under the app's specific
    album folder. But if I have copied some photos to, say, the desktop and doubleclick one of them, I can't browse through them all in the app, as I could in the old Windows photo viewer with left/right arrows? Do I really have to go back to the desktop to doubleclisk
    each photo separately which then opens up in a new Photo app window, ending up with dozens of windows?

Am I rigtht? If so, then it's not me who's the idiot but the app programmers. Such a photo viewer app is utterly useless.

WB

Waldemar Brisk, Feb 26, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Feb 26, 2016
  5. olibara Win User
    Thank you brink
    I ve already did it
    But I do noy understand why such a usefull feature dissapear in a new Windows App this is not improvement but regression !

olibara, Feb 27, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    Me neither, but,
    basically, MS is aiming for an Operating System where all your content is perpetually live, perpetually synced, perpetually accessible and perpetually shareable, anytime, anywhere; henceforth the apps.

Edwin, Feb 27, 2016
  7. Yes you wrong Give me the new Windows Mail anytime for one you can bring all your e-mail addresses into one.
    I have 4 different e-mail address but I only have to click on one to read all my mail because it has a link button,
    Also if you delete your e-mail, and then want it back you can do so, by clicking the delete undo button on the bottom of the link,

hTconeM9user, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Browse Folder with the new Photo application - Similar Threads - Browse Folder Photo

2. APPLICATION PHOTO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    APPLICATION PHOTO: Mon application microsoft photo a disparu de mon ordinateur sous windows 10 V22H2 pour x64. Après essai de téléchargement, celui ci n'abouti pas, suite à erreur code 0x803FB005. Comment puis-je réinstaller cette appli?...
  3. New folder in windows10 photo

in Windows 10 Support
    New folder in windows10 photo: Not a big problem but is irritating. Not sure which update added it. In the photo app When I open it and then open folders I now have recent folder (says new in collection)with all the pis listed in folder, an cannot remove it. Windos10 20HD Build 19042.789 173558
  4. Photos Application

Photos Application: Where in Windows settings can I find a list of what photos and videos that are added into a Album? Regards, Alan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-application/605e4340-eeb0-4a42-80d8-af2ed5059635
  5. Photos Application

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Photos Application: Since I applied the latest update to the photos application today, the On This Day tile has disappeared from the ribbon on the top of the Collection screen and was replaced by a Recent tile. I want to get the On This Day tile back and remove the Recent one!!!!...
  6. Photos Application

Photos Application: If the Photos application is not working correctly, how can I backup all of the album names and the links that they contain to my photos and videos so that they can be restored after a reset/reinstall of the photos application? Kind Regards, Alan...
  7. Photos Application.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos Application.: After the last Windows upgrade, when editing RAW files or downloading JPEG or JPG files or taking a screenshot the only file in the "Photos" APP. that I'm able to see are PNG files. is there a way to go back to the old settings JPEG/JPG? Please help & thank you....
  8. 'Browse For Folders' Dialog Boxes...

in Windows 10 Customization
    'Browse For Folders' Dialog Boxes...: @Brink : Is there a way to get Browse For Folders Dialog Boxes to retain, not only their last size, but also, their last position? [img] 132864
  9. Windows Photo Application - Cycle folder

Windows Photo Application - Cycle folder: When the app reaches the last image on the folder it doesn't jump to the first one. This was the normal behavior on windows photo viewer. Can this behavior be enabled? Can it be added as an option?...
  10. Photos : how to browse next and previous files in the same folder ?

Photos : how to browse next and previous files in the same folder ?: Hi, I use "Photos" app as default viewer when i manually open a picture file from explorer. I don't really like it, except for its touch feature but i give it a try.. One missing feature is that once i opened a file in it from explorer, i can't browse others files in same...