Windows 10: Browser Buttons in Taskbar Missing

Discus and support Browser Buttons in Taskbar Missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On start, the buttons for Edge, Chrome and Firefox are missing from the left side of my taskbar even tho they have been pinned. I can get them back by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JohnBurns, Jun 7, 2017.

1. JohnBurns Win User

Browser Buttons in Taskbar Missing

On start, the buttons for Edge, Chrome and Firefox are missing from the left side of my taskbar even tho they have been pinned. I can get them back by re-pinning them, but it's a pain I don't like. I have run SFC Scannow and there are no problems. I do run Classic Shell Menu, but can't seem to find any posts on the Internet about interference due to that . I do lock my taskbar after I get them back in the taskbar. If anyone has suggestions how to correct this, I really would appreciate their input. Thanks!

:)

JohnBurns, Jun 7, 2017
  2. GeoJeffS Win User

Missing Taskbar Buttons

I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Now when I open files in Excel, many times one of the files that I opened is not displayed on the Task Bar when I place the pointer over the Excel button. I always open the same three files first thing
    every day, and the third file is never displayed (but it is open). Doesn't matter which order I open them, the last one doesn't appear. Help!

GeoJeffS, Jun 7, 2017
  3. Missing Taskbar Buttons

Hello Geo,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Perform System File Checker (sfc) scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Method 2: Clean boot.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal
    startup after fixing the issue.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jun 7, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jun 7, 2017
  5. JohnBurns Win User
    JohnBurns, Jun 7, 2017
  6. JohnBurns Win User
    Update - buttons now showing - guess it worked after a couple restarts. Thanks Brink. Closing thread as solved.

JohnBurns, Jun 7, 2017
  7. JohnBurns Win User
    I found the reason this was happening - and even tho this thread is marked solved, want to share with others who might have the same problem. I am running BitDefender AntiVirus Plus 2017 and it seems Ransomware Protection at boot is causing this because Desktop was listed as a protected folder. Once I removed Desktop from there, the taskbar icons for my browsers loaded properly. Hope this might help someone.

JohnBurns, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Browser Buttons in Taskbar Missing - Similar Threads - Browser Buttons Taskbar

2. Combine Taskbar Buttons Option Missing in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Combine Taskbar Buttons Option Missing in Windows 11: In Windows 10 ... We had the option NOT to combine taskbar buttons together.This was a good option as I could use the task bar to identify which window went to which monitor I am using two monitors to do work. In fact, I sold away my Macbook and reverted to Windows, just...
  3. Combine Taskbar Buttons Option Missing in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Combine Taskbar Buttons Option Missing in Windows 11: In Windows 10 ... We had the option NOT to combine taskbar buttons together.This was a good option as I could use the task bar to identify which window went to which monitor I am using two monitors to do work. In fact, I sold away my Macbook and reverted to Windows, just...
  4. Start button not working & taskbar icons missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button not working & taskbar icons missing: So, my laptop Acer Aspire ES15 Windows 10, was working as normal on Tuesday morning.I clicked on switch user, while I went out for the day.On my return later that evening, I went to sign back in to my user account, but then found none of my tabs would load, as it was offline,...
  5. Start button not working & taskbar icons missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start button not working & taskbar icons missing: So, my laptop Acer Aspire ES15 Windows 10, was working as normal on Tuesday morning.I clicked on switch user, while I went out for the day.On my return later that evening, I went to sign back in to my user account, but then found none of my tabs would load, as it was offline,...
  6. Start button not working & taskbar icons missing

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows Power Button and Explorer Missing From Taskbar

Windows Power Button and Explorer Missing From Taskbar: Seems every time I'm forced to do an update, that I never asked for, something breaks. Todays problem dejour I'm trying to keep a civil tongue my taskbar is a mess. My power button that I use to shut down or reset my computer has vanished from my taskbar. A few weeks ago, my...
  8. Missing scroll button in tablet mode taskbar area

Missing scroll button in tablet mode taskbar area: Lately, my scroll button in the taskbar has vanished on my Dell Inspiron touchscreen 2 in 1 laptop, perhaps after a recent update. I find nothing in settings to change. How do I get it back?...
  9. Bluetooth on off toggle button is missing from taskbar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth on off toggle button is missing from taskbar: Bluetooth on off toggle button is missing from taskbar after windows 10 update and i can't find Bluetooth icon anywhere please help me to restore my Bluetooth...
  10. Taskbar buttons missing, offscreen, resized

Taskbar buttons missing, offscreen, resized: Hi, I have no idea how, but my taskbar buttons have become rearranged and I can't put them back to normal. To see all of it I have to resize the taskbar like in the second screenshot below. My sound settings icon has vanished entirely, and I can't rearrange anything through...