Windows 10: Browser crash / Unable to right click or open files / computer freeze

Discus and support Browser crash / Unable to right click or open files / computer freeze in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; So for a bit now, perhaps a week, my computer has been acting weird. I haven't made any big changes(or at all I think) lately and don't know what's... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sha11e, Apr 21, 2016.

1. sha11e Win User

Browser crash / Unable to right click or open files / computer freeze

So for a bit now, perhaps a week, my computer has been acting weird. I haven't made any big changes(or at all I think) lately and don't know what's causing it.

So what happends?
    I'll be doing stuff on my browser(Chrome, but I also tried Firefox and the problem persisted) and sometimes when I do something(open a new tab, drag out a new tab, click settings, start typing..) the browser crashes.
    Sometimes I can tell the problem is happening before the browser crashes because my right click won't work on my desktop and I'm unable to open files.

It has happened that I wait for a bit and then everything seems to work normally again but almost every time it happens I have to reboot my computer.

Sometimes when the problem happends and I reopon chrome it crashes again instantly. Sometimes it stays up until I press something or start typing.

It used to crash much more frequently but I did a restore(keep files) and thought it was fixed. Obviously it turned out to not be fixed but it's much much less frequent now.

:)

sha11e, Apr 21, 2016
  2. Henabel Win User

Windows Explorer Freezes when Downloading File from Browser

Windows Explorer freezes during download

Problem steps:

1. Right click image in browser

2. Save as

3. Dialog opens

4. Create New Folder

5. Freezes when naming folder. I have to wait 2-4 minutes before Save As is released. Unable to use the browser. Computer beeps.

6. Once Save As is released, I have no problem saving the file.

Henabel, Apr 21, 2016
  3. Unable to open start menu or right click pinned items on taskbar.

I have tried all the suggested fixes, but nothing seems to be fixing the problem long term. Getting very close to restoring my PC to Windows 8, as far as I am concerned; Windows 10 is definitely more hassle than it is worth. And is making me consider
    to moving to a Mac, more and more. Totally fed up with Windows 10!

Little Mo Peep, Apr 21, 2016
  4. sha11e Win User

OK so it just crashed again when I right clicked in my browser(chrome).
    These are the errors I found. They're in swedish so I'll have to translate some, so if it doesn't look exactly like it would in English that's why.

Posting these in the order I found them:

This one seems to pop up a lot although it's just a warning(pops up even when the computer doesn't freeze/crash)

And then a bunch of

Where X is:
    Synkroniseringsvärd_cc5c2b (SyncHost_cc5c2b?)
    Contact Data_cc5c2b
    User Data Storage_cc5c2b
    User Data Access_cc5c2b

On a previous crash I got those same errors but with the alphanumeric string being "36512" instead of "cc5c2b".

wow that's a lot. So yeah thats what I found. It's almost 3 am so I should sleep.

sha11e, Apr 21, 2016
  5. sha11e Win User
    Pretty sad it's been 4-5 days and no reply.

sha11e, Apr 25, 2016
  6. hTconeM9user, Apr 25, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Use the Tech Bench link to download your version of Windows 10 iso file:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...brrWLRbagYCa0w

Make sure you pick the SAME Windows 10 Edition, language and bit version.

scroll down to Select Edition > click the pointer at the right and select your edition of Windows 10 > click Confirm.
    click the pointer and select Language > make sure you pick the same language the computer is now running > click Confirm
    select the bit version, 32 or 64-bit. Make sure you select the same bit version as the computer is now running.
    at the bottom, click the pointer next to Save > click Save As > navigate to a folder of your choice > click the chosen folder > click Save
    The iso will start downloading to your chosen folder.
    When it is done, go to that folder > open the folder > right click at the iso file > click Mount > click Setup.exe
    Installation will begin.
    It will allow you to keep you files, settings and apps.
    No product key is required.
    Activation will be automatic.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Browser crash / Unable to right click or open files / computer freeze - Similar Threads - Browser crash Unable

2. File Explorer Crashed On Right-Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Crashed On Right-Click: Every time I try to open the context menu, my File Explorer crashes. I can open the legacy context menu using Shift+Right-Click through. My Windows have been fine, but the problem suddenly appeared, not after I installed some programs or update WindowsI had- Followed this...
  3. File Explorer Crashed On Right-Click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Crashed On Right-Click: Every time I try to open the context menu, my File Explorer crashes. I can open the legacy context menu using Shift+Right-Click through. My Windows have been fine, but the problem suddenly appeared, not after I installed some programs or update WindowsI had- Followed this...
  4. file Explorer on right click crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file Explorer on right click crashing: When I right click explorer automatically restart and I cannot delete files, creating folders and much more and I don't know how to repair it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-on-right-click-crashing/5043c183-2eb0-4734-a753-ca7b47ccb6f9
  5. file Explorer on right click crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file Explorer on right click crashing: When I right click explorer automatically restart and I cannot delete files, creating folders and much more and I don't know how to repair it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-on-right-click-crashing/5043c183-2eb0-4734-a753-ca7b47ccb6f9
  6. File explorer crashes on right click on file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer crashes on right click on file: It crashes immediately if the machine has been up for a while/other programs open. If freshly rebooted, right click goes into hourglass for many minutes, may never stop. Suggestions??...
  7. Right clicking files crashes File Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right clicking files crashes File Explorer: The screen would stop for a second, go black, then reset itself as if nothing actually happened. This only affects my image files. I tried ShellExView and disabling any third-party context menus, but that didn't work. I tried Autoruns, but I couldn't find anything that's...
  8. Unable to right click on pictures or files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to right click on pictures or files: With the latest update for Windows 10 I can no longer right click on pictures or folders. When i do I receive the spinning circle that does not stop. when I click on the desktop I receive a white screen...
  9. Unable to open file/folder / Browser page with Left click

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to open file/folder / Browser page with Left click: Hi I am unable to open files/folders/browser page with Left click. Started about a week ago. Win10 appears normal with no new updates. All programs open, but files/folders will not open in same window. Left click and Win10 tries to open but the parent file/folder remains...
  10. File Explorer - Right click and crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - Right click and crashing: Hello Please see my You Tube Demo video - when I right click on a file within File Explorer on Windows 10 it crashes; here is a video demo of the crash - as you can see the Bar down the bottom is disappearing Please can anyone suggest a fix. demo - YouTube 82170

Users found this page by searching for:

1. synkroniseringsvärd