Windows 10: browser egde,slow to open, then locks

Discus and support browser egde,slow to open, then locks in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; im having real problems with the edge browser, it is very slow to open then when it does it locks,i have to other browsers, google and firefox,they... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by majnoon53, Oct 11, 2015.

1. majnoon53 Win User

browser egde,slow to open, then locks

im having real problems with the edge browser, it is very slow to open then when it does it locks,i have to other
    browsers, google and firefox,they work perfectly

:)

majnoon53, Oct 11, 2015
  2. AjithIND Win User

Registry key for Edge browser for preventing opening up of multiple tabs

What should be the registry settings of MicroSoft Egde browser for preventing the browser in opening multiple tabs. The browser should open a new link in existing tab instead of opening a new tab each
    time.

In IE11 this can be achieved using the ShortcutBehavior registry key.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Internet Explorer\\TabbedBrowsing :

ShortcutBehavior

Are there any such keys available in Edge browser for enabling and disabling multitab browsing?

Looking forward for a response.

Regards,

Ajith

AjithIND, Oct 11, 2015
  3. BobLeurck Win User
    Edge seems to be slow and lockup in any VM

Original title: Why Does Egde Suck ?

Edge seems to be slow and lockup in any VM . Hard to use

BobLeurck, Oct 11, 2015
  4. stephen Win User

Mine does the same thing.
    I've switched to waterfox 64bit version of firefox, works well.

stephen, Oct 12, 2015
  5. majnoon53 Win User
    can someone please help, why does edge not work properly

majnoon53, Oct 14, 2015
  6. How long has this been going on.
    Why I am asking is because I only have Edge installed, I don't use IE11 having removed it completely,
    Don't use any other browser either but loads up fast and opens all the sites and home page as good as gold

hTconeM9user, Oct 14, 2015
  7. DustSailor, Oct 14, 2015
  8. browser egde,slow to open, then locks

Drivers directly affect speed, so you'll want to check the
    website for any new driver for your system and update ASAP.

Check for malware. Use your antivirus, clean out your system. Optionally, you can install malwarebytes.org 's free 'MBAM' Malwarebytes program for an additional manual scan. This is not an antivirus, so it is safe to install alongside your main antivirus program.

Check if you have multiple antivirus programs installed. Only ever use just one. Remove any and all programs you have installed that even hint at being a toolbar, coupon, Babylon, web or search. Those are called PUPs, and you don't want them installed.

DustSailor, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. browser egde,slow to open, then locks - Similar Threads - browser egde slow

2. Slow browsers

in Browsers and Email
    Slow browsers: Guys On my previous post, I said that I have reformatted my w10 so started with a blank canvas again. I was using Google Chrome as browser, but it is EXCEPTIALLY slow so i did a Google question and the world opened with solutions, but also, many people had same probl;em. I...
  3. Slow browsers

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow browsers: Guys On my previous post, I said that I have reformatted my w10 so started with a blank canvas again. I was using Google Chrome as browser, but it is EXCEPTIALLY slow so i did a Google question and the world opened with solutions, but also, many people had same probl;em. I...
  4. All browsers slow to open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All browsers slow to open: All browsers slow to Open (Edge, chrome). Tried disabling crytopservices, and disabling hardware acceleration to no avail. Its been this way for a few months. Now sure what else to try. Internet connection is fine. Once open, everything works lightning fast. submitted by...
  5. MS Egde issue

in Browsers and Email
    MS Egde issue: Hello, I keep getting this error kinda thing, when im browsing TF. Is there something i can do about it? [img] 140580
  6. browser locked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    browser locked: Why does Microsoft lock my screen.when i turn on my computer,Microsoft always asks for password.I can not open my browser until i enter password. This is aggervating,iam not trying to get on the Microsoft website.I just want to pull up my browser.Can this be stopped. It is...
  7. Slow Browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow Browser: Hi, my browser is extremely slow to load web pages as soon as there are multiple sites open. I have run disk clean up and defrag. I took it in to scan for malware and viruses, then did a system back up. I also called the internet provider to see if that was the problem, he...
  8. browser locked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    browser locked: sometime when i using my browser the page suddenly redirects and i get stuck at the page below. i cant ckick the X button how can i exit my browser[ATTACH]i have no viruses on my system....
  9. Microsft Egde HyperLink Association.

in Browsers and Email
    Microsft Egde HyperLink Association.: Hi In Edge phone numbers are converted to HyperLinks prefixed with Tel:// The first time I clicked on it opened in the phonedial app, not it opens chrome. Any way I can reset this or force it to open with phonedial.exe ? Thanks 36198
  10. All browsers slow opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All browsers slow opening: Fairly new Lenovo Ideapad Using Comcast blast, both wired and wifi Takes long time to connect. Sometimes times out. IE11, Chrome, Edge Ping www sites from cmd times out Ping 127.0.0.1 OK Onle Defender is on. Disabled and still problem All drivers updated, Lenovo...