Windows 10: BSD's are pretty constant over the past few weeks...

Discus and support BSD's are pretty constant over the past few weeks... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I don't post here much but I'm thankful for the help. I've followed the rules and did the download and have the zip ready to upload. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RAMWolff, Dec 27, 2017.

1. RAMWolff Win User

BSD's are pretty constant over the past few weeks...

Hi,

I don't post here much but I'm thankful for the help. I've followed the rules and did the download and have the zip ready to upload.

My issue, *I THINK*, may be causes by some faulty NVIDIA drivers. At first I thought it was my external hard drive set up but even with nothing attached the USB ports, front of the computer or the more stable ones in the back, I still just got one.

I've even uninstalled the NVIDIA drivers and upon rebooting they reinstalled from some hidden area on the system. Right now I'm OK but it's only a matter of time before the next one. If I were a casual user it would be an annoyance but I'm a graphics artist, so I need this fixed before I dare continue with a project in ZBrush or Photoshop, don't feel like loosing all my hard work.

Thanks so much. Hopefully someone can help me figure this out and get it fixed up.

Richard *Shock

:)

RAMWolff, Dec 27, 2017
  2. XP ROCKS. Win User

Random BSODs over the last few weeks

Uninstall networx, at least temporarily and see if the issue goes away.

XP ROCKS., Dec 27, 2017
  3. Random BSODs over the last few weeks

Deleted the .tmp file.

I have tried to use Driver Verifier many times now but I can never get into Windows and end up having to do a restore. I see on the link you gave me it says to use safe mode, but considering my BSODs are happening almost weekly, am I expected to try and
    use my PC normally in safe mode every day for as long as possible?

jfmamjjasondl, Dec 27, 2017
  4. BSD's are pretty constant over the past few weeks...

Did you uninstall the drivers from device manager or programs and features? Best to remove ALL Nvidia programs from the unit and download a fresh copy. Make sure you check Network Adaptors just incase you have a Nvidia nForce ethernet *Smile

kingtez1984, Dec 27, 2017
  5. RAMWolff Win User
    Hi, I belong to a forum for making 3D stuff and asked there as well. They turned me on to this little program called DDU and yup, it took it all out and then rebooted again. I then allowed Windows to install the new NVIDIA drivers so it's really clean and without all the extra junk I get from the full download from NVIDIA. Things seem stable for now so fingers crossed once again!

RAMWolff, Dec 27, 2017
  6. RAMWolff Win User
    Hi, Back again.

Not sure what to check now. I experienced another BSD last night. I plum forgot to to get the code but with the drivers minimally installed without all the other crap that NVIDIA likes to install not really thinking it's that now. I did get a new monitor and a new sound bar but I hardly think it's those. The HDMI cable from the TV/Monitor is a one of those fancy gold types. The sound bar only connects with a USB port for power and the usual green audio and pink mic inputs. I've done hd checks, all are checking out fine. Memory modules are also checking out. Not sure if I should check to see if I'm loosing power via my outlets ... been almost a week since my last post so it's not as often but something else is amiss here I think. I've turned off my back up drives for a while to see what happens with them off if it's going to start up again regularly.

Any input or ideas are appreciated.

Thank you,
    Richard

RAMWolff, Jan 3, 2018
  7. philc43 Win User
    Can you post a new set of logfiles? We can check to see if it is the same cause.

Your previous BSOD codes were 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

A VIDEO_TDR_ERROR always relates to the system's graphics card (TDR = Timeout Detection Recovery). This could be down to a number of reasons including drivers, heat, power to the card, a faulty PCI-e slot or simply a defective GPU. It's in your best interests to employ common sense trouble shooting techniques in these situations.

• Try later and/or earlier drivers
    • Measure the GPU's temperatures at idle and under load
    • Ensure the GPU is free from dust build up and that the fan is working correctly
    • Reseat the GPU and check all connections are securely made
    • Check PSU voltages in BIOS
    • Try a different card in the system

philc43, Jan 3, 2018
  8. RAMWolff Win User

OK, will do. Something I just noticed. Not sure if this could be something to look into. My wireless Logitech Marble Mouse or what ever they are calling it these days, when this BSD that JUST NOT HAPPENED I touched the button and began using the mouse and then blue screen. So I switched it out with a new mouse (also a marble type) to see if newly loaded drivers and what not would work out..

RAMWolff, Jan 3, 2018
  9. RAMWolff Win User
    OK, here is the new zipped info...

Thank you!

RAMWolff, Jan 3, 2018
  10. philc43 Win User
    The crash dump from today shows the same error:

Code: BugCheck 116, {ffffba8e03416010, fffff8013a1c6b2c, 0, 1} Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_ref_pubwu.inf_amd64_2e7fa54192fe16d0\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys *** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for win32k.sys Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+176b2c )[/quote]

philc43, Jan 3, 2018
  11. RAMWolff Win User
    OMG. What now then. I have new drivers on board. Used that little program to completely dump ALL of the NVIDIA drivers to the point where the MS Updates module found them on the server to install. I'm blown away. This has to be on NVIDIA side then, they released this faulty mess. Grrrrrrrrrrr

RAMWolff, Jan 3, 2018
  12. philc43 Win User
    Refer back to my earlier post #5 - there are several things to test related to the physical aspects of the GPU card and the temperature it runs at.

philc43, Jan 3, 2018
  13. RAMWolff Win User

• Try later and/or earlier drivers - Will probably have to do that!
    • Measure the GPU's temperatures at idle and under load - Idle temp, iirc, is nice and cool
    • Ensure the GPU is free from dust build up and that the fan is working correctly - Yes
    • Reseat the GPU and check all connections are securely made - Did that
    • Check PSU voltages in BIOS - Not sure where to look for that info! *Shock
    • Try a different card in the system - Only own the one card!

RAMWolff, Jan 3, 2018
  14. RAMWolff Win User
    OK, seems OK for now after doing the whole "boot into Safe Mode" and uninstalling the NVIDIA drivers and reinstalling them. Then there was a huge update to Windows a day or so ago and from what was reported there was a time stamp issue for the drivers but perhaps that was on the MS side of things? Seems stable now in any case. Thanks for all the help!

RAMWolff, Jan 7, 2018
  15. zbook New Member
    In addition to the VIDEO_TDR_ERROR there were problems noted with the drive (paging errors, corruption of the MFT, etc.).
    The RAM modules are mismatched.
    The BIOS is version F4 and the latest version is F6

For all tests / steps please post images into the thread.
    If there are problems posting images please use one drive or drop box share links.

1) Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    2) sfc /scannow
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    4) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread
    5) chkdsk /x /f /r
    This may take many hours so plan to run overnight
    6) Use the information in this link to find the chkdsk report in the event viewer and post the report into the thread using a one drive or drop box share link:
    Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    7) The BIOS: BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F4, 7/13/2016 SMBIOS Version 3.0
    8) Upgrade the BIOS: F4 > F6

The RAM modules are mismatched:
    DDR4 3000 2OZ
    CMK16GX4M4B3000C15
    There are 4 GB modules in each DIMM with total RAM 32 GB.
    This would take a lot of time to check during one continuous session.
    The RAM modules could be checked as 16 GB at a time.
    (Be sure to have the mismatched RAM modules tested simultaneously) (Use 2 RAM modules of each type during the test)
    This way you could check the mismatched RAM modules at the same time and the multi-channel capability of the motherboard.

9) Run memtest86+ version 5.01 for at least 8 passes.
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
    This may take hours so plan to run it overnight.
    Please make sure you use the Memtest86+ version 5.01 with the link below.
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
    The testing is done not by time but by passes.
    The more passes the better.
    There are a significant number of false negatives if fewer than 8 passes are made.
    A false negative is a test pass when there is malfunctioning RAM.
    There is 32 GB of RAM on the computer.
    Memtest86+ version 5.01 testing takes approximately 1 - 2 hours /GB RAM
    Just 1 error is a fail and you can abort testing.
    Then test 1 RAM module at a time in the same DIMM each for 8 or more passes.
    When Memtest86+ has completed 8 or more passes use a camera or smart phone camera to take a picture and post an image into the thread.
    Memory problems. - Microsoft Community
    MemTest86+ - Test RAM BSOD Tutorials

10) Run HDTune:
    HD Tune website
    to check the health,
    scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    the health,
    the error scan,
    the benchmark incl. following
    transfer rate,
    access time,
    burst rate,
    cpu usage.
    Take Screenshot in Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

zbook, Jan 8, 2018
Thema:

1. BSD's are pretty constant over the past few weeks... - Similar Threads - BSD's are pretty

2. Several BSODs over past couple of weeks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Several BSODs over past couple of weeks.: Hey,Over the past couple of weeks after I assembled my new system I've been getting BSODs constantly and irregularly. From my experience, BSODs does usually occur when my system is idle doing the bare minimum. I did a clean install of Windows 11 with all necessary drivers,...
  3. Several BSODs over past couple of weeks.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Several BSODs over past couple of weeks.: Hey,Over the past couple of weeks after I assembled my new system I've been getting BSODs constantly and irregularly. From my experience, BSODs does usually occur when my system is idle doing the bare minimum. I did a clean install of Windows 11 with all necessary drivers,...
  4. Constant BSODs over the past few days, no clear cause

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSODs over the past few days, no clear cause: Hi, sorry im not too sure if this is the right place to post this but over the last few days Im getting blue screens maybe 1-3 times each day and it's getting really frustrating. Im getting the SYSTEM PTE MISUSE error and in the event viewer the errors following the shutdowns...
  5. Constant BSODs over the past few days, no clear cause

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSODs over the past few days, no clear cause: Hi, sorry im not too sure if this is the right place to post this but over the last few days Im getting blue screens maybe 1-3 times each day and it's getting really frustrating. Im getting the SYSTEM PTE MISUSE error and in the event viewer the errors following the shutdowns...
  6. Constant BSODs over the past few days, no clear cause

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. seemingly random BSODs for the past few weeks

seemingly random BSODs for the past few weeks: Hello! I have been having random blue screens for the past few weeks and I am at my wits end here My computer just freezes randomly during normal usage, playing, or even playing music. I have tried every single option I could think of At first I thought maybe malware is...
  8. BSOD Various over the Past Week

BSOD Various over the Past Week: I have reinstalled Windows and verified all drivers are updated. These are the latest two dump files. Previous dump files are gone due to Win reinstall. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Auo0uRG4HLVBiNE6IRe7aQT9ulmtlw?e=KDLFnt Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 1e...
  9. Various BSODs over the past few days

Various BSODs over the past few days: I am using a Dell XPS 15 9570 notebook computer and I updated all the drivers/software from Dell a few days ago except it seems the system keeps freezing when the display went to sleep and the last one was a BSOD. When looking at the Minidump logs which consists of the...
  10. Been having BSODs over the past few weeks.

Been having BSODs over the past few weeks.: Hello. Several BSODs over the past few weeks. It *seems* related to connecting an MP3 player via USB port to transfer files. In any case I've attached the V2 log collection. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Windows 10 Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.746) 173323