Windows 10: Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10

Discus and support Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 How to Read Event Viewer Log for Chkdsk (Check Disk) in Windows 10 [img] Information... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by ICIT2LOL, May 7, 2017.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10

How to: Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10

How to Read Event Viewer Log for Chkdsk (Check Disk) in Windows 10

Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Checking your drives for errors every once in a while can help fix some performance issues. Drive errors can usually be caused by bad sectors, improper shutdowns, bad software, corruption, physical damage, etc...

When you scan a drive to check for errors, the scan results are saved as a log in Event Viewer.

This tutorial will show you how to read the Event Viewer log for Chkdsk (Check Disk) scan results in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Read Event Viewer Logs for Chkdsk in Event Viewer
    • Option Two: To Read Latest Event Viewer Log for Chkdsk in PowerShell

OPTION ONE [/i] To Read Event Viewer Logs for Chkdsk in Event Viewer
    1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type eventvwr.msc, and click/tap on OK to open Event Viewer.

2. In the left pane of Event Viewer, expand open Windows Logs, click/tap on Application, right click or press and hold on Application, and click/tap on Filter Current Log. (see screenshot below)

3. Check Chkdsk and Wininit in the Event sources drop down, click on an empty area in the Filter Current Log window to close the drop down, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

4. You will now see all available event logs for Chkdsk listed at the top of the middle pane in Event Viewer. You can click/tap on a log for the date and time you want to read it. (see screenshot below)

5. When finished, you can close Event Viewer if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Read Latest Event Viewer Log for Chkdsk in PowerShell
    1. Open PowerShell.

2. Copy and paste the command below you want to use into PowerShell, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    (To read Chkdsk log in PowerShell)
    Code:
    OR

(To create CHKDSKResults.txt file on your desktop containing log)
    Code:

3. You can now read the latest Event Viewer log for Chkdsk. (see screenshots below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

ICIT2LOL, May 7, 2017
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, May 7, 2017
  3. Restore points gone / boot time excessive

Hi Here's how to find your chkdsk logs! They will be in the event viewer. That's why Gerry always asks for the event viewer logs. I think Gerry asked for them in this thread!

garybear89, May 7, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello John @ICIT2LOL, *Smile

Does Option Two give you a report?

Brink, May 7, 2017
  5. arachnaut Win User
    I had a severe problem recently and chkdsk ran automatically, but no event was saved.
    I booted into a Linux distro, went to browse the System Volume Information and there was a CHKDSK folder in there with several log files. I copied them all to a readable location and was able to view them.

arachnaut, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Read Chkdsk Log

2. How to find ChkDsk results in Event Viewer logs in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to find ChkDsk results in Event Viewer logs in Windows 10: We run ChkDsk on our computer systems to find and fix the errors. After completing the scanning, the chkdsk results are saved in Event Viewer. You can read the chkdsk results in the Event Viewer with some clicks. In the case of corruption, sudden power failure, etc., Windows...
  3. chkdsk and event viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    chkdsk and event viewer: chkdsk does not do 4 & 5 and event viewer does not find. How do I check disk for errors? And correct errors? (sfc /scannow still scans but is it working? It has not found integrity violation in 5 months). 171334
  4. chkdsk and event viewer

in Windows 10 Support
    chkdsk and event viewer: chkdsk does not do 4 & 5 and event viewer does not find. How do I check disk for errors? And correct errors? (sfc /scannow still scans but is it working? It has not found integrity violation in 5 months). 171334
  5. Event Viewer Log.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Event Viewer Log.: Need to create an event viewer log that tracks USB connects and disconnects. I have all my USB devices disconnecting and reconnecting. I need to identify if it's possibly my UPS (usb connected to PC), because it showed I had a battery discharge when i first installed my...
  6. Read Event Viewer Log for Untrusted Font Blocking in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Read Event Viewer Log for Untrusted Font Blocking in Windows 10: How to: Read Event Viewer Log for Untrusted Font Blocking in Windows 10 How to Read Event Viewer Log for Untrusted Font Blocking in Windows 10 A font is a graphical representation of text that may include a different typeface, point size, weight, color, or design....
  7. Read Logoff and Sign Out Logs in Event Viewer in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Read Logoff and Sign Out Logs in Event Viewer in Windows: How to: Read Logoff and Sign Out Logs in Event Viewer in Windows How to Read Logoff and Sign Out Logs in Event Viewer in Windows When a user log in (sign in) without needing to restart the PC. You can use user initiated logoff (sign out). This tutorial will show...
  8. Event Viewer Logs

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Viewer Logs: I’m currently on Win10 Pro x64, version 1709, Build 16299.371. Searching in my Event Viewer, I noticed some logs under the “Applications and Services Logs” folder, which I don’t recall having previously (pointed with red arrow, in the image) and are all inactive! Can...
  9. Read Shrink Volume Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Read Shrink Volume Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10: How to: Read Shrink Volume Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 How to Read Shrink Volume Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows, you can decrease the space used by primary partitions and logical drives by shrinking them into adjacent, contiguous...
  10. Read Shutdown Logs in Event Viewer in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Read Shutdown Logs in Event Viewer in Windows: How to: Read Shutdown Logs in Event Viewer in Windows How to Read Shutdown and Restart Event Logs in Windows You can use restart. The event ID's below will show you these details. Event ID Description 1074 Logged when an app (ex: Windows Update) causes the...