Windows 10: BSOD after 30 minutes after boot

Discus and support BSOD after 30 minutes after boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I run Win10 under Parallels at MacBook. Few days ago it started to crash about 30 minutes after boot. I don't need to do anything, just wait and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by eugenem79, Nov 4, 2015.

1. eugenem79 Win User

BSOD after 30 minutes after boot

I run Win10 under Parallels at MacBook. Few days ago it started to crash about 30 minutes after boot. I don't need to do anything, just wait and it will die. Usually it's REGISTRY_ERROR, but sometimes another error.

sfc shows some errors, but they don't look dangerous.

I've talked to Parallels guys and they claim it's Windows issue, not VM. Checked Win7 VM and works fine.

Any ideas are welcome *Smile

:)

eugenem79, Nov 4, 2015

2. Continual BSOD's

Booted back normal....after 30 minutes go thid BSOD 022018-5578-01.dmp

JimFrederick624, Nov 4, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Randomly Freezes every few days

It's a very strange bug, sometimes my PC can run for hours without a problem and then others it will freeze or BSOD after about 30 minutes!

RyanHeathcote, Nov 4, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi eugenem79,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Please try following at least 3 times.

BSOD after 30 minutes after boot [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    BSOD after 30 minutes after boot [​IMG]
    System File Check

• Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow does NOT say "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation" after the last SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

axe0, Nov 4, 2015
  5. eugenem79 Win User
    There is CBS log. I think there are the same few errors. Run it about 5 times already.

Windows still crashes in 20-30 minutes.

eugenem79, Nov 4, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    The source of SFC is corrupted, the reason why the corruption cannot be solved.

Please try following command in admin command prompt
    Code: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth[/quote] If there are problems with RestoreHealth, please follow step 6 or 7 (depending on the file you have from the download) from the tutorial DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image - Tutorial

axe0, Nov 4, 2015
  7. eugenem79 Win User
    sfc completed successfully, but windows dies as before

eugenem79, Nov 4, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

Please run the DM Log Collector tool again and upload the new zip file.
    I at least hope the stop code is different.

axe0, Nov 4, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
    Because you say after about 30 minutes of a boot, this crash occurs.
    Is there any activity going on on your system that takes 30 minutes to finish like a scheduled task or something?

Can you tell me why Parallels claims that it is a Windows issue?

axe0, Nov 4, 2015
  10. eugenem79 Win User
    It may crash in 10 minutes as well. Parallels did remote session and told me that because Windows starts and works before crashing, it's not their issue. I can't say I follow their logic though.

But I can say that Win7 (my second VM) is working fine.

Any ideas of how to debug it further?

I could reset windows, but I really don't like the idea of reinstalling all the software...

eugenem79, Nov 4, 2015
  11. axe0 New Member
    Is there any program that needs time for some activity right on startup?

12. eugenem79 Win User
    Not that I know of. There are no antiviruses, no messengers. There is nothing on startup actually.

I use it only for Visual Studio and Internet Explorer.

eugenem79, Nov 4, 2015
  13. eugenem79 Win User

Not that I know of. There are no antiviruses, no messengers. There is nothing on startup actually.

I use it only for Visual Studio and occasional IE

eugenem79, Nov 4, 2015
  14. axe0 New Member
  15. eugenem79 Win User
    Tried that, cleaned everything else that ccleaner suggested. No effect...

eugenem79, Nov 5, 2015
Thema:

1. BSOD after 30 minutes after boot - Similar Threads - BSOD minutes boot

2. 30 Minute boot time after a brownout.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    30 Minute boot time after a brownout.: Recently had a brownout pretty common where I live this time of year and after rebooting my PC it took approximately 30 minutes to load into the UI. Once in the UI absolutely nothing worked for another half hour, setting, cmd, disk cleanup even my 3rd party apps like discord....
  3. 30 Minute boot time after a brownout.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    30 Minute boot time after a brownout.: Recently had a brownout pretty common where I live this time of year and after rebooting my PC it took approximately 30 minutes to load into the UI. Once in the UI absolutely nothing worked for another half hour, setting, cmd, disk cleanup even my 3rd party apps like discord....
  4. BSOD 30 minutes after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD 30 minutes after startup: Hi,I recently did a fresh install of Windows, upgrading to Windows 11. For the first week it was working well, but after today, I've been having issues. I downloaded some updates the day the issues started, but the pc crashed before the reboot that was supposed to install...
  5. BSOD 30 minutes after startup

BSOD 30 minutes after startup: Hi,I recently did a fresh install of Windows, upgrading to Windows 11. For the first week it was working well, but after today, I've been having issues. I downloaded some updates the day the issues started, but the pc crashed before the reboot that was supposed to install...
  6. BSOD after 5 minutes of boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after 5 minutes of boot: Hi My PC was working fine until yesterday. This morning I opened it up to clean out dust, like I usually do every few months. Since then, it take much longer to boot up, almost 4 to 5 minutes I can use the device for another 5 minutes but it is slow and then a blue screen...
  7. BSOD after 5 minutes of boot

BSOD after 5 minutes of boot: Hi My PC was working fine until yesterday. This morning I opened it up to clean out dust, like I usually do every few months. Since then, it take much longer to boot up, almost 4 to 5 minutes I can use the device for another 5 minutes but it is slow and then a blue screen...
  8. BSOD after 15-30 minutes of gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after 15-30 minutes of gaming: Hello, hoping someone can help diagnose the cause of recent BSODs. I suspect it is a driver issue as my computer crashes within minutes of running driver verifier. I've tried updating all drivers and bios from the manufacturer's website and a clean install of Windows 10....
  9. PC will not boot for 30 minutes after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC will not boot for 30 minutes after windows update: Hello Since the Windows Updates in August I have found that after installing an update and shutting down/powering up or restarting my PC starts up and then switches off before starting up again. When the PC starts up there is no signal to the monitor but my keyboard and...
  10. Multiple types of BSOD after ~30 minutes of gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple types of BSOD after ~30 minutes of gaming: Hello everyone! First of all, thanks for helping me out, would be nice if the problem can be solved after about 2 months of dealing with a BSOD every day. It happened, more on this later, only once a day and the BSOD was not 1080p which made me think of a GPU driver...