Windows 10: BSOD after Fall Creators Update [IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL]

Discus and support BSOD after Fall Creators Update [IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL] in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; First time this happened, I was playing Wolfenstein 2 and I assumed it was the game. However, this happened just 5 minutes ago again and I was on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Supra, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Supra Win User

BSOD after Fall Creators Update [IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL]

First time this happened, I was playing Wolfenstein 2 and I assumed it was the game. However, this happened just 5 minutes ago again and I was on my desktop.

I'm suspicious it's my GPU undervolt on the new AMD drivers. The BSOD happened in the game on 17.10.2, and I'm currently on 17.10.3. The undervolt has never caused a BSOD before, I've only gotten driver crashes whilst in-game. I don't believe I've had a driver crash on after the Fall update.

CRAIG-31_10_17__23847_98.zip

:)

Supra, Oct 30, 2017
  2. greenfid Win User

KB4038788 Blue Screen on awaking from Sleep

I just tried installing the Fall Creator Edition. It has the same issue of the BSOD on waking from sleep and there is no monthly update to block/uninstall so I have now had to block the Fall Creator Edition .

greenfid, Oct 30, 2017
  3. ASUS GL553VE with Windows 1709 what to do?

Adding somethings I found from other people

"Fall Creators Update BSOD"

Apparently this guy updated his bios to the latest one and as of now he has no problem what so ever with his notebook. I think you should try upgrading your BIOS too to the latest.

I cannot confirm yet but for 30 mins already my laptop has yet to do the BSoD.

Exxon OzzyMolena, Oct 30, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

The rules are very clear on our not being able to help you when any software is installed and illegally used. Please uninstall Techsmith.

See rule 4: No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc) - it is forum policy that no help shall be given to people who knowingly steal software or services.

philc43, Oct 30, 2017
  5. Supra Win User
    I don't have Camtasia installed, that's most likely leftover files.

Supra, Oct 30, 2017
  6. philc43 Win User
    I did wonder. Unfortunately you get leftover files and traces of programs even when you think they are removed. Your hosts file still has the entries from the illegal use of the software. Troubleshooting is difficult as it is not known what other changes may have been made.

philc43, Oct 30, 2017
  7. Supra Win User
    I didn't think you could edit hosts on Windows 10? Regardless, I haven't had Camtasia installed in a long time (it's really quite bad, especially in todays standards). I would doubt that that's what's causing the issues, as nothing has happened until the Fall update and/or AMD's new drivers.

Supra, Oct 30, 2017
  8. philc43 Win User

As there is only one crash dump file and it is not very helpful I am at a loss to find a cause for this one. I would suggest you run Driver Verifier to see if any of your drivers are misbehaving.

BSOD after Fall Creators Update [IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL] [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please read and run driver verifier.

If you suspect a driver is causing a problem but do not have a clear idea which one it is then Driver Verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or until you have a bluescreen, whichever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset driver verifier from within safe mode, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

philc43, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD after Fall Creators Update [IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL] - Similar Threads - BSOD Fall Creators

2. Help! Fall Creators Update Causes BSODs.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help! Fall Creators Update Causes BSODs.: The Fall Creators Update has been stuck for me for months. I finally figured out how to get it to install. Before I did that, I updated my video drivers to make sure it wasn't a problem. Installation went fine. It rebooted at the end of installation, which also went fine. It...
  3. Help! Fall Creators Update Causes BSODs.

in Windows 10 Support
    Help! Fall Creators Update Causes BSODs.: The Fall Creators Update has been stuck for me for months. I finally figured out how to get it to install. Before I did that, I updated my video drivers to make sure it wasn't a problem. Installation went fine. It rebooted at the end of installation, which also went fine. It...
  4. Fall creators update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fall creators update.: How do i stop or block this virus you call the fall creators update, 3 times this year it's uploaded itself onto my computer and every time i've had to revert to the previous build. Each time it installs itself i loose 3-4 hours of work time because i can't use my computer,...
  5. INetCookies after Fall Creators Update...

in Browsers and Email
    INetCookies after Fall Creators Update...: Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I thought it was more browser than OS related. Anyway, after last week's v1709 update, CCleaner has been deleting a file it never used to. C:\Users\UserId\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\deprecated.cookie It shows up...
  6. BSOD after Fall Creators update, 0x000000c8

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after Fall Creators update, 0x000000c8: Hello. I'm having BSODs and other problems like start menu not working after upgrading to v1709. The strange thing is that BSODs occur only when pc turns on, meaning no BSOD when I restart. I even tried a clean install from different 1709 .ISO and still getting BSODs....
  7. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: Has anyone installed it yet? If so did it break anything for you? Debating If I should update or not. 95662
  8. fall creator update

fall creator update: Is there a general chart which might give info on when i would get fcu. I went from 7 to 10 just a couple weeks before free 10 stopped. 97324
  9. Fall Creators Update

Fall Creators Update: I just bit the bullet and went to Microsoft site and tried to install it. It hung up stuck on 24% and stayed there for an hour so I pulled the plug and it has gone back to the previous version. Now what? 99881
  10. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: I work for a company that has about 200 desktop and laptop running Windows 10 (most are HP's)on our own domain and after the fall creators update, we have experienced Unauthenticated network messages as well as download issues in all browsers (Edge, IE 11, Chrome, Firefox)....