Windows 10: BSOD after Nov 16 automatic update

Discus and support BSOD after Nov 16 automatic update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My wife's computer, a Lenovo x130e, came with Win 7 pro installed. I upgraded it to Win 10 back in April, while the upgrade was still fee. It has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mbient, Nov 18, 2016.

1. mbient Win User

BSOD after Nov 16 automatic update

My wife's computer, a Lenovo x130e, came with Win 7 pro installed. I upgraded it to Win 10 back in April, while the upgrade was still fee. It has worked fine since then, automatically updating, even the anniversary update. However, that came to an end on November 16 when the most recent update installed, or tried to install. When she turned off the computer, she got that message that updates would be installed and then the computer would shut down. She said it ran for hours and was still processing something when she went to bed. The next morning the computer was off. When she tried to start it, she got a bsod with the following message:
    ----------------------------------------------------
    recovery

you pc/device needs to be repaired.

the operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical driver is missing or contains errors

file: windows\system 32\drivers\ACPI.sys
    Error code: 0xc0000225

You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have an installation media (like a disc or usb device) contact you pc administrator or pc/device manufacturer.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    since i am the husband, and by default the pc administrator, she dumped it in my lap. there is no installation media and the only backup she ever made was when win 7 was installed. I have no idea where to begin, so rather than mucking around and possibly eliminating any chance of ever getting this thing running again, I came here for advice.

Questions? Suggestions?

Thank you for your help.

:)

mbient, Nov 18, 2016

2. Critical Structure Corruption

Windows 10 Pro. Even after update Nov 16 this still happens. Why doesn't Microsoft fix this or at least tell my why it happens? Each time it collects data.

Walter Schroeder, Nov 18, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Windows Defender Turn On Error 0x800106ba

- same problem with Quick Scan

- appeared ~ late Nov after an WD "automatic update"

- Win latest updates [automatic or manual] also fails [Upgrade to Windows 10 Home, version 1511, 10586.]

- "re-set computer" did not fix problem?

- W10 was an automatic W7 upgrade that worked fine many months until late Nov.

AlexIwanow, Nov 18, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Nov 19, 2016
  5. mbient Win User
    Thanks for your reply. I ended up doing that, but it was not as nifty to get to as it would seem. I had used the Media Creation utility to download Win 10 to a thumb drive back in April to force the Win 10 upgrade on this machine. I inserted that drive and started the machine, hit Enter to stop the process and got a screen that gave me several Advanced options. Tried them all with no luck, then went back to try the Restore with all of the remaining Restore Points. After that failed 5 times, the 6th was the charm, good thing to, only had one Restore Point left. After a bell rang, the Start screen came up and I was off and running. After the machine searched for updates for 3 hours, I installed the updates and all was back as it should have been initially. Still got to find out why this machine takes forever to find and download updates. Wife tells me it has always been that way. Tells me her iPad is instant on and updates are never a problem. Arrrgh. Back to the workbench, ran MBAM and Super Spyware. Removed several pieces of crapware, PlayTV and Raster, some improvement, but still got a ways to go. How does Apple do that instant start bit?

Thanks again.

mbient, Nov 20, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    You might want top pursue the slow Windows Update problem in the General Support | Windows 10 Forums

Glad System Restore worked for you finally though. Might want to use CCleaner, Tools, System Restore to delete all the old restore points except the one that worked, then make sure System Restore (System Protection actually) is enabled and create a new restore point.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD after Nov 16 automatic update - Similar Threads - BSOD Nov automatic

2. Windows 10 clock is not updating automatically since Nov 2022

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 clock is not updating automatically since Nov 2022: Already changed bios batteryalready set time and zone to update automaticallyalready made Windows Time service automaticanything else I should try?anyone with any suggestions please?...
  3. Windows 10 clock is not updating automatically since Nov 2022

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 clock is not updating automatically since Nov 2022: Already changed bios batteryalready set time and zone to update automaticallyalready made Windows Time service automaticanything else I should try?anyone with any suggestions please?...
  4. Microsoft Whiteboard app 20.11105.0.5469 released for iOS - Nov. 16

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Whiteboard app 20.11105.0.5469 released for iOS - Nov. 16: Microsoft Whiteboard provides a freeform intelligent canvas where teams can ideate, create, and collaborate visually via the cloud. Designed for pen and touch, it lets you write or draw as smoothly as you would with ink, while automatically recognizing and transforming shapes...
  5. Devices "not migrated" after Nov. update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Devices "not migrated" after Nov. update: November update created a warning message about a USB- attached WD Elements drive. I also have an HP Office Jet Pro and Lexmark E260d showing as "Unspecified Devices". The WD elements warning. Device...
  6. Sticky Notes after Update Nov 2019

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky Notes after Update Nov 2019: today (Nov 6, 2019) i had an update on windows 10 . before that, I had just one tab on my taskbar for ALL sticky notes i used on screen (5 or 6 depends on work). after update i have one tab for every single note i have on my screen. is this normal or i have a bug ?...
  7. Nov 2018 automatic update deletes RAID

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nov 2018 automatic update deletes RAID: I posted before the holidays and due to travel, did not have a chance to fix before the holidays. Please send me a link to get this OS Booting again. The OS is on my RAID drive. If I need to download a driver for my Intel Rapid Storage Technology RAID, please let me know...
  8. Nov 2018 automatic update deletes RAID

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nov 2018 automatic update deletes RAID: My OS was on my RAID and functioning fine before this November 2018 update. Windows loads into RAM, but cannot find desktop (because it cannot see the OS and the User account profile files). This is maddening why Microsoft will FORCE an update that kills a system. Why can't...
  9. Nov. 10 2018 update = BSOD. Help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Nov. 10 2018 update = BSOD. Help!: The latest Microsoft update was forced on my HP laptop last night overnight. Now when i turn it on, i have normal background, touch screen tonlogin and get BSOD. Hitting F4 doesnt help, rebooting several times, i do not fet a safemode option. Just BSOD every time. Help!...
  10. Windows 10 BSOD AFTER AUTOMATIC UPDATE !?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 BSOD AFTER AUTOMATIC UPDATE !?: Windows 10 automatic update BSOD loop cant start !? So earlier in the evening my computer randomly shut off every time I tried to restart it says "Windows 10 Automatic Repair couldn’t repair your PC" it just goes in a loop. Cant even boot in safe mode (only able to use...