Windows 10: BSOD after update to 1903 on Lenovo P51

Discus and support BSOD after update to 1903 on Lenovo P51 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have experienced BSODs twice after the update. Both times soon after startup and login. Where can I upload a DMP?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Corneildu Plessis, Jun 11, 2019.

1. BSOD after update to 1903 on Lenovo P51

I have experienced BSODs twice after the update. Both times soon after startup and login.

Where can I upload a DMP?

:)

Corneildu Plessis, Jun 11, 2019

2. Need help to connect 3 external displays to a Lenovo P51 with Docking station

Almost a week ago I received my new P51 loaded with all available components, as did my last Lenovo W530. The P51 appears to be a great machine. My current problem is that I cannot display 4 screens (notebook plus 3 external displays). Since I have
    used my W530 with 4 displays for over two years I fully expected to achieve the same with an even more powerful Notebook.

The new P51 has two 512 GB SSD drives, the Intel Xeon E3-1505M v6 vPro MB CPU, a NVIDIA Quadro M2200M 4GB graphics card, 32GB(16+16) DDR4 2400 SoDIMM, a notebook display of P51 FHD NT 2D MC CS WLWW and the latest Windows 10, 64 bit operating system.

Since I received the P51 and its docking station (P/N: 40A50230US) I have connected the three external monitors to the docking station via a HDMI port, a DVI converter to HDMI and a Display Adapter converter to HDMI. The BIOS was updated to the latest
    and the 256 Mb default memory for the displays was increased to the 512 MG setting. I have also moved the displays and cables around to confirm that cables are fine and only two external displays will be seen at any time.

In speaking with Lenovo hardware support, one individual said I needed to subscribe to software support to get the BIOS changed. Later, a second person said that I needed to play around with the BIOS settings and it should work. I have also rebooted
    the system a few times. Unfortunately I still cannot view 4 displays.

As an IT, Telecom and Cybersecurity SME and Project Manager I realize that since my system is a newly released product (April 29, 2017) and problems are to be expected. I am reaching out to the Lenovo community hoping that some of you have also upgraded
    to the latest, greatest and most powerful Think Pad, and perhaps some of you may have experienced the same problem. I doubt that the new P51 would support less displays than my 5 year old W530.

Any help or advice from the community would be greatly appreciated.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

dicksjusvi, Jun 11, 2019
  3. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 11, 2019
  4. BSOD after update to 1903 on Lenovo P51

Multiple 0x0000009c BSODs on Windows 10 Lenovo Laptop

Symptoms:
    • Windows 10 Pro BSODs randomly (after freezing). I have almost 12 identical dumps (attached).
    • There seems to be no pattern to it but sometimes it happens when the machine is idle.
    • The machine just hangs and then eventually reboots -- most of the time I don't even see a BSOD screen, it just goes from a frozen screen to reboot and the dump is generated.

Steps Taken With No Success:
    • Ran full memtest with no issues.
    • Clean Windows reinstall.
    • Changed from HDD to Crucial SSD.
    • Updated BIOS and drivers to what I think are the latest (manufacturer website).

Important System Characteristics:
    • Lenovo Z70 laptop with dual Intel 5500 and nVidia GeForce 840M graphics cards
    • Virtualization technology is turned on in BIOS in order to run virtual machines
    • The BSODs stopped for a good while and then started up again quite frequently lately. I haven't been able to pinpoint any changes in how I use the machine.

Most of the dumps seem to point to intelppm.sys --I'm not sure where to go from here.I have attached the output of the information DM log collector. I have gone through all the files and sanitized them to remove any sensitive personal information (according to me) but that shouldn't affect the integrity of the information.

chessoriginal, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

BSOD after update to 1903 on Lenovo P51

1. BSOD after update to 1903 on Lenovo P51 - Similar Threads - BSOD update 1903

2. BSOD After Lenovo Driver Updates on T530

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD After Lenovo Driver Updates on T530: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjjrNd8dKVXHhFQYOqwjeQkivwWN?e=KN0t0l I have attached my Minidumps above. I have a new install of windows 10 and I ran lenovos driver update tool and now I continue to get a BSOD error shortly after boot usually but sometimes I get a bit of time. I...
  3. Bsod for lenovo yoga 510 after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod for lenovo yoga 510 after update: I have a the lenovo yoga 510 and the problem is after i updated it i came the next day wanting to use it but when u turn it on its gives the lenovo logo first then it gives me the bsod and it automatically gives me the same start up screen with the lenovo logo and under it...
  4. Facial recognition on my lenovo 20HH P51

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Facial recognition on my lenovo 20HH P51: I want to implement facial recognition on my high-end Lenovo P51 Notebook. Can anyone give me a headstart to make this happen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facial-recognition-on-my-lenovo-20hh-p51/012ecfd2-df72-4423-8194-db6522863bc3
  5. Random BSOD after updating to 1903

Random BSOD after updating to 1903: I have an acer swift 3 sf315-51g-55gb and i recently upgraded it to windows 10 1903 since then i am having random bsod with tags such as video dxgkrnl error or driver power state failure.I had none of these problems in 1803 version. i am adding the dmp file link below...
  6. BSOD Sort of after 1903 update..

BSOD Sort of after 1903 update..: Short version: Updates wouldn't work( and when they did say they worked it left duplicates in the update history) so I factory reset the computer only to get failed install and get sent to the recovery screen with error 0xc0000225 . [img] I finally realize that there are 2...
  7. BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA after windos update 1903

BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA after windos update 1903: Hello support team, After recently updating to windows 1903 my computes every few hours goes to the BSOD. The screen shows the following message: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA What failed: Netwtw06.sys...
  8. BSOD after 1903 update

BSOD after 1903 update: Hi, I've updated my PC to 1903 Update 2 days back and i am getting BSOD after using my pc for a while it restarts itself again. This is happening every time i use my PC . I've looked for this problem on Microsoft's website and after some digging i found an article for the...
  9. BSOD after update to 1903 at reboot

BSOD after update to 1903 at reboot: After updating to 1903 now every time i reboot i get the BSOD was not a problem before. Can someone in microsoft please help us fix your mess up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-after-update-to-1903-at-reboot/4610dcb5-3f54-4f21-9058-5bbfec6c5a1a
  10. BSOD and Freezes after 1903

BSOD and Freezes after 1903: Hello, Since the latest Windows update my laptop keeps freezing while working in Photoshop. Everything seems to be up to date and at this point I don’t know what to do. In the event logs I have Event ID 41 warnings and the BSOD states driver power state failure. Here is my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo p51 1903

2. lenovo p51 update w10 1903