Windows 10: BSOD after waking up PC from Sleep Mode

Discus and support BSOD after waking up PC from Sleep Mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have been having this problem for almost a year now and so far I can't seem to find a solution for this. The problem is that, when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JohnnyGui, Nov 21, 2017.

1. JohnnyGui Win User

BSOD after waking up PC from Sleep Mode

Hello,

I have been having this problem for almost a year now and so far I can't seem to find a solution for this.

The problem is that, when waking up my PC from Sleep Mode, I sometimes randomly get a "no signal" message on my monitor screen. The system itself is waking up normally when I press a key or use the mouse but the screen just keeps saying that there's no signal and stays black. And I can't do anything.

Waiting a while in this situation will make the PC automatically reboot itself, after which the screen turns on normally. Logging in and looking at the Reliability Monitor shows 3 errors that happened before the automatic reboot during the black screen:

1) That Windows has been shut down incorrectly.

2) That Windows didn't work properly with the following error (translating it from Dutch):
    The computer has restarted after a bugcontrol. The bugcontrol is 0x00000133 (0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000001e00, 0xfffff803a960a370, 0x0000000000000000). A dump file is saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Rapport-id: 327d2b22-fb82-4f0e-adf5-907f0e9c8fc3.

3) That Windows was shut down unexpectedly with the following error:
    Name of problem event: BlueScreen
    Code: 133
    Parameter 1: 1
    Parameter 2: 1e00
    Parameter 3: fffff803a960a370
    Parameter 4: 0
    Versie besturingssysteem: 10_0_16299
    Servicepack: 0_0
    Product: 256_1
    Versie van besturingssysteem: 10.0.16299.2.0.0.256.48
    Landinstelling-id: 1043

Because the last error contains "BlueScreen", I figured that an invisible BSOD might have happened when I woke up my PC whilst my screen was black. Also, Windows has made a Memory dump file which is 771MB in size (no idea how to share this).
    The problem is completely random; there are times in which the screen turns on normally after waking up the PC and times in which it does not. I really don't know what the trigger is. I have Ultra Fast boot enabled. Reformatting and doing a clean install of Windows didn't help.

Here are my specs:
    Asrock Pro4 Z77 motherboard
    i5-3570K (not oc'ed)
    EVGA GTX 660Ti 2GB (not oc'ed) with 388.13 WHQL drivers
    1 TBB Western Digital HDD
    8 GB RAM
    Windows 10 Pro Fall Creators Update x64 bit (also happened on Win10 before the Fall Creators Update)

Really hoping and looking forward to fix this issue. Please see attachment for the asked zip file. Appreciate any help.

:)

JohnnyGui, Nov 21, 2017

2. Blue Screen die (BSOD), Windows 10 Professional Laptop Machine

I can confirm that this problem would occur every time I wake the computer up from sleep mode.

After a few seconds waking up from sleep mode, the computer will freeze and then BSOD occurs

Very annoying.

SuperBoyChoy, Nov 21, 2017
  3. BSOD when wake up from sleeping mode. HELP!!!! Mostly 0x1a, but 0x7e, 0x1e, 0x1b, 0x50, 0x139 and more.

Thx ZigZag,

I am running your 1st test. I did what you say in the wiki. And after reboot, my PC can run but my mouse indicator is shaking... I don't know if the test is running after reboot or not. I type verifier /querysettings and it says many of the selected
    driver is verified, I don't know when this test will end but my operation is kind of lagging together with when the mouse is shaking. And as my BSOD cause is waking up from sleep mode, can I keep doing sleep and wake? Will the Verifier still work after a round
    of sleep and wake? What if it just like this? I cannot use my PC like this stuck situation for 36 hrs....

BTW, start from today, the BSOD often happens when sleep more than 30 mins. And sometimes it won't become BSOD and just system halted. Pls tell me what to do. Thx.

WindXtreme, Nov 21, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

zbook, Nov 21, 2017
  5. Spectrum Win User
    Hi JohnnyGui,

From the memory dump you posted, I see that the crash was caused by a driver running at IRQL 2 for an extended period of time. This generally indicates a fault in the driver, and Windows crashed to prevent your system from hanging for an indefinite period of time.

In this case, it was nvlddmkm.sys, your Nvidia graphics driver. I also see that you are running an older version of the driver, I would suggest installing the latest driver and seeing if the problem persists.

Nvidia's driver download page for the 660TI.

Spectrum, Nov 21, 2017
  6. JohnnyGui Win User
    Thanks for your info. Hmm, I kind of had a hunch it was the nVidia drivers. For the past year, every WHQL driver that came out had this problem, so I doubt strongly the next one will fix this, especially if the release notes doesn't mention anything about it.

I noticed several people having this problem as well, for example:
    BSOD coming out of SLEEP Mode NVLDDMKM.SYS - Tech Support Forum
    Also, this problem has been mentioned over several years by different users.

Can such a problem with nvlddmkm.sys also be caused by a failing GPU?

JohnnyGui, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD after waking up PC from Sleep Mode - Similar Threads - BSOD waking Sleep

2. BSOD everytime when PC wakes up from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD everytime when PC wakes up from sleep mode.: Started happening a few days after installing my new GPU. When I'm away from my PC for a few hours, it will go to automatic sleep. But when I wake up my computer with the power button it will load for a few seconds then BSOD will appear then restart my PC. I check my BIOS and...
  3. PC wakes up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC wakes up from sleep mode: I put PC to sleep, it usually only stays asleep for a few minutes and wakes back up.I Googled online and carried out following:In Power & sleep set up in 'allow wake timers'I set to disabled.No difference.Then found that you can see the cause by using CMD and running:...
  4. PC wakes up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC wakes up from sleep mode: I put PC to sleep, it usually only stays asleep for a few minutes and wakes back up.I Googled online and carried out following:In Power & sleep set up in 'allow wake timers'I set to disabled.No difference.Then found that you can see the cause by using CMD and running:...
  5. PC wakes up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. BSOD right after waking PC from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD right after waking PC from sleep mode.: I've had this issue that whenever I open up my PCfrom sleep mode usually after a minute or two I'd have a BSOD with the code: PFN_LIST-CORRUPT. I've tried updating all my drivers and my BIOS too but this issue still occurs. Any fixes?Here's the minidump file for...
  7. BSOD right after waking PC from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD right after waking PC from sleep mode.: I've had this issue that whenever I open up my PCfrom sleep mode usually after a minute or two I'd have a BSOD with the code: PFN_LIST-CORRUPT. I've tried updating all my drivers and my BIOS too but this issue still occurs. Any fixes?Here's the minidump file for...
  8. BSOD right after waking PC from sleep mode.

9. BSOD after pc wakes up from sleep

BSOD after pc wakes up from sleep: For the past few weeks I have been getting bsod when ever put my pc to sleep and after a few seconds or minutes I get DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE bsod. I updated windows and all the drivers on my pc and but am still getting bsod. One thing to note is I have malwarebytes...
  10. BSOD after computer waking up from sleep mode

BSOD after computer waking up from sleep mode: I've recently formatted my computer not long ago. So my computer would randomly wake up from sleep mode and I went into power settings to check if any wake up times are on but they weren't on. Now after the BSOD if I try to put it to sleep, the lights stays on and won't go to...