Windows 10: BSOD [APC_INDEX_MISMATCH] after some changes on the pc

Discus and support BSOD [APC_INDEX_MISMATCH] after some changes on the pc in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello *Smile I have just been reading through this thread and thought I would add a comment or two. I would suggest this is not a BSOD problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by eXtremeDevil, Jan 24, 2018.

1. philc43 Win User

BSOD [APC_INDEX_MISMATCH] after some changes on the pc

Hello *Smile

I have just been reading through this thread and thought I would add a comment or two.

I would suggest this is not a BSOD problem and there is no point in looking for the cause of a one-off BSOD event back on 25/Jan if that event is not being repeated.

The most recent logfiles have shown some evidence of hardware related problems as previously noted by @zbook. The watchdog error (these are not BSODs they are only there to catch errors and report them to Microsoft) that occurred on Feb 7th is related to the graphics hardware, basically it froze and reverted to using the basic display driver. See the following from the watchdog dump file you uploaded for us:

Code: VIDEO_DWMINIT_TIMEOUT_FALLBACK_BDD (187) Video fell back to BDD rather than using the IHV driver. This always generates a live dump. (This code can never be used for a real bugcheck.)[/quote] The log of the recent scan you did picked up some corrupted files that were corrected:
    Code: 2018-02-09 08:56:57, Info CSI 00005bfe [SR] Repairing corrupted file \??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\es-ES\shell32.dll.mui from store 2018-02-09 08:54:36, Info CSI 0000355b [SR] Repairing corrupted file \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\UXInit.dll from store 2018-02-09 08:54:29, Info CSI 000033be [SR] Repairing corrupted file \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\themeui.dll from store 2018-02-09 08:54:15, Info CSI 000030f1 [SR] Repairing corrupted file \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\es-ES\shell32.dll.mui from store[/quote]
    I would be inclined to check the graphics card for all connections and clean the fans etc. If you have not run a hardware test on the graphics you should do this - we usually suggest furmark.

BSOD [APC_INDEX_MISMATCH] after some changes on the pc [​IMG]
    Diagnostic test
    GPU TEST

Run Furmark tutorial

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if temperatures rise too high

philc43, Feb 8, 2018

2. I will try that, thanks! May the graphic problem be related to those dll? They are patched or 'corrupted' in "purpose" in order to apply a custom theme.

Should I try reverting them?

Thanks!

EDIT:

Other thing I noticed when this happens is that my PC is not always accesible through TeamViewer, like it's not connected. Can a graphic error 'disconnect' my PC this way?

eXtremeDevil, Feb 8, 2018
  3. philc43 Win User
    I would not have thought the custom theme changes would have caused problems but I don't know enough about the theme changes to be sure. If it is simple to remove then it is worth ruling that out and you can add it back in later.

TeamViewer relies on transmitting the display from your remote device so if the device display fails then I can believe the TeamViewer connection will be disrupted and might not come back until you restart it. Sorry I can't be more precise but I have not experienced this myself so I can only speculate. When running TeamViewer it usually changes the background to a black screen so having a custom theme on the device you are connecting to could be problematic.

philc43, Feb 8, 2018
  4. BSOD [APC_INDEX_MISMATCH] after some changes on the pc

I understand, is OK. It makes sense because sometimes TV showed my PC as connected but it couldn't open my display. But yesterday for example it showed as disconnected. That's weird.

eXtremeDevil, Feb 8, 2018
  5. Seems like there's been no crash so I guess the problem was the patched dlls. Let's keep this post here in case it happens again, but for now let's think about it as solved.

Thanks all!

eXtremeDevil, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD [APC_INDEX_MISMATCH] after some changes on the pc

1. BSOD [APC_INDEX_MISMATCH] after some changes on the pc - Similar Threads - BSOD APC_INDEX_MISMATCH changes

2. Apc_index_mismatch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apc_index_mismatch: i got an Apc_index_mismatch bluescreen error when i was watching a show on chrome and that's all that was running.my crash report viewer thing says that this module is the problem ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x41AC40there other crashes that say that same module is the problem like...
  3. Apc_index_mismatch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apc_index_mismatch: i got an Apc_index_mismatch bluescreen error when i was watching a show on chrome and that's all that was running.my crash report viewer thing says that this module is the problem ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x41AC40there other crashes that say that same module is the problem like...
  4. APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    APC_INDEX_MISMATCH: Hi, Both of my computers now shut down with the code APC_INDEX_MISMATCH when I try to print anything. ??? Is there a resolve? Thanks, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apcindexmismatch/efde9070-2fc3-4e5f-a9d2-5495f1fa031e
  5. Apc_index_mismatch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apc_index_mismatch: Hi, I get often this blue screen APC_INDEX_MISMATCH Can you help me to debug that ? I downloaded your tool Beta-Log-collector. Attached my results. Thank you very much for your help, and your time. Cheers, 131747
  6. Apc_index_mismatch

Apc_index_mismatch: My Hewlitt Packard laptop (windows 10 64 bit) gave a light blue screen when I was using it all of a sudden with the message "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info and then will restart soon (100% complete) If you'd like to...
  7. BSOD after wake, error code APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

BSOD after wake, error code APC_INDEX_MISMATCH: Hey! I'm having a hard time figuring out what is causing this BSOD. It started in Windows 8, and after reading around, and trying several things (changing parameters in the BIOS, updating drivers, etc.) I thought (well..hoped..) that upgrading to Windows 10 might solve...
  8. Webcam + VLC = APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

Webcam + VLC = APC_INDEX_MISMATCH: I have a webcam as capture device with 32 bit VLC, and every 2 weeks or so when I start the cam/VLC I get APC mismatch. The system restarts, and I try again - usually takes several attempts (ie crashes) before the cam/VLC works. Webcam is USB Logitech C270 and VLC is latest...
  9. Apc_index_mismatch [bsod]

Apc_index_mismatch [bsod]: Hello Yesterday after coming back to my laptop after about 5 hours I brought it out of standby and whilst doing some work it blue screened with the error APC_INDEX_MISMATCH. I think I was trying to enter the character 1/2 with an ALT code. The error happened 3 times. I ran...
  10. BSOD Kernel_Security_Check_failure APC_index_Mismatch

BSOD Kernel_Security_Check_failure APC_index_Mismatch: I am continuously getting these errors after formats, resets, and everything i can think of. I've been told the hardware checks out and it must be a software issue, any help on the issue would be greatly appreciated. 36401