Windows 10: BSOD at least twice a day after upgrade

Discus and support BSOD at least twice a day after upgrade in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey all. I've been experiencing the BSOD after finally making the upgrade to Windows 10. The crash is attributed to POWER_STATE_DRIVE_FAILURE which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by imperfectcircle, Apr 8, 2016.

1. BSOD at least twice a day after upgrade

Hey all. I've been experiencing the BSOD after finally making the upgrade to Windows 10. The crash is attributed to POWER_STATE_DRIVE_FAILURE which from my understanding is a very generic exception. WhoCrashed application reveals it to be an issue with ntkrnlmp.exe, but this is also quite generic.

I've attached my saved dxdiag to help with system details.

Also attached the analysis file, but I'd appreciate some help narrowing down what the real problem is.

Please let me know if I can provide any more information.

:)

imperfectcircle, Apr 8, 2016
  2. Zio_Excel Win User

Having to do battery pull at least Twice a day to stop screen flickering and app close downs on HD7

I am having to reset my phone at least twice a day due to apps closing down and the screen will flicker randomly making it unresponsive. Will I have to hard reset? How do I back-up my apps? I am a Mac user.

Currently using the HD7

Zio_Excel, Apr 8, 2016
  3. Proton2 Win User
    Having to do battery pull at least Twice a day to stop screen flickering and app close downs on HD7

You should be able to hold down the power button for a short while to do the same kind of reset as pulling out the battery. Check your user manual for details. Don't have a user manual? Go to the website of your device manufacturer and download it from
    there.

Proton2, Apr 8, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

BSOD at least twice a day after upgrade

Follow the Option 1 of Power Plan Settings - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

For the Hard Disk, apply this settings:Attachment 73992See how it goes. Let us know.
    Code: Device object (ffffe0006d80eb10) is for: InfoMask field not found for _OBJECT_HEADER at ffffe0006d80eae0 \Driver\partmgr DriverObject ffffe0006bd0e730 Current Irp 00000000 RefCount 0 Type 00000007 Flags 00002010 Dacl ffffc1017b9cc210 DevExt ffffe0006d80ec60 DevObjExt ffffe0006d80ef98 ExtensionFlags (0x00000800) DOE_DEFAULT_SD_PRESENT Characteristics (0x00000100) FILE_DEVICE_SECURE_OPEN AttachedTo (Lower) ffffe0006d14b060 \Driver\disk Device queue is not busy.[/quote]

5. Thanks, Arc. I'll let you know by the end of the day since it usually will do it's thing by then.

imperfectcircle, Apr 8, 2016
  6. So far so good. I'm going to leave it on overnight, as I've usually witnessed the BSOD in that instance as well.

imperfectcircle, Apr 9, 2016
  7. Well, knock on wood, it looks to have stopped. I left it on overnight and no BSOD. I really appreciate it, Arc. Marking this as solved.

imperfectcircle, Apr 9, 2016
  8. ARC
    Arc Win User

Good news, mate.

Let us know for any further BSOD.

Thema:

1. BSOD at least twice a day after upgrade - Similar Threads - BSOD least twice

2. Help! BSOD at least once or twice a day. I'm sharing my minidump files here.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! BSOD at least once or twice a day. I'm sharing my minidump files here.: Hi,I hope someone is available/willing to help me. My 18-month-old AMD Ryzen 7 Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 is getting more and more frequent blue screens - now a couple a day! Each time it happens, I see the frowny face and the QR code for just a second, but never long enough...
  3. Help! BSOD at least once or twice a day. I'm sharing my minidump files here.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help! BSOD at least once or twice a day. I'm sharing my minidump files here.: Hi,I hope someone is available/willing to help me. My 18-month-old AMD Ryzen 7 Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 is getting more and more frequent blue screens - now a couple a day! Each time it happens, I see the frowny face and the QR code for just a second, but never long enough...
  4. BSOD twice a day

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD twice a day: Hello,I have a Dell Latitude 7420 laptop with Windows 10 Enterprise installed. Each BSOD it is either SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION or DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. Let me know what other info I can provide, I was working in Outlook and Excel when these crashes first occurred. I have...
  5. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL happening at least once a day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL happening at least once a day: My computer will randomly bsod at random times during the day can you help me find out what is causing this.Here are the files:https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6cvkyogkvhjv61s/AADZaD8rtTK3qGDz4y0yqgMfa?dl=0...
  6. BSOD's happened twice in a day

BSOD's happened twice in a day: Hi, While I was playing some games, my pc crashed with irql_not_less_or_equal. I made a quick research at google but nothing pops off. I want to add minidump's but can't find the attachment button. So I upload them here....
  7. BSoD once at least every day

BSoD once at least every day: My PC blue screens randomy at least once a day, i checked the eroor in computer managment and its all the same. The BSoD error messages vary from IRQL_not_LESS_OR_EQUAL to System service exception to apc index mismatch. I have tested the memory with memtest and the windows...
  8. Bsod twice a day

Bsod twice a day: Hello, im runing win 10 pro V1909 I experience BSOD lately, about twice a day for the past week. attached is the log file, I would really appreciate your help with this! Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. thank you in advance!...
  9. BSOD at least twice a month - uncertain cause

BSOD at least twice a month - uncertain cause: I am experiencing BSODs at least twice a month. I started archiving the minidump files in a Dropbox folder (link shared at the end). I do not know what is causing these BSODs Things I have tried 1) running memtest numerous times (screenshots in dropbox link) - no errors on...
  10. W10 Reformats hard drive and reinstalls at least twice a day

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Reformats hard drive and reinstalls at least twice a day: I upgraded to W10 from W7 several months ago. In the succeeding week, W10 reconfigured my hard drive at least twice a day and, in the process, deleted all my files. Fortunately, I had a backup, but I replaced W10 with W8 and have had no problems since. I don't care to try W10...