Windows 10: BSOD caused by ntoskrnl exceptions

Discus and support BSOD caused by ntoskrnl exceptions in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello to anyone that is willing to help my name is Glenn, My pc was assembled by professionals but it got really hot so a month ago I took my cpu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Glenn332, May 11, 2017.

1. Glenn332 Win User

BSOD caused by ntoskrnl exceptions

Hello to anyone that is willing to help my name is Glenn,

My pc was assembled by professionals but it got really hot so a month ago I took my cpu cooler off and noticed that they left the plastic on the cpu cooling block, So I fixed that issue after emailing the people that did it. But now another month later im beginning to have BSOD's and randomely at that. Im not sure if it has anything to do with the CPU plastic or me actually doing something wrong when I re applied cooling paste and the cooling block itself.

It happens irregularly but usually when a game is running either active or in the background (When multitasking) I hope you guys can tell me if this is a driver issue or maybe an old bios driver issue or just a faulty CPU.

I reinstalled my windows 3 times with an actual OS image.

:)

Glenn332, May 11, 2017
  2. ConiGL Win User
    ConiGL, May 11, 2017
  3. BSOD ntoskrnl, plz help!

Hello, I'm having bsod when I launch benchmark with sisoft sandra.

I got 2 different bsod DRIVER_CORRUPTED_XPOOL and DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER all with the same driver ntoskrnl.

what to do?

i'm using win10 64bit.

thank you

S_Bourghol, May 11, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

The 5/12 dump doesn't have any useful info in it. The 5/6 dump indicates a problem with your Nvidia card or driver nvlddmkm.sys.
    Code: BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff807b90a63b7, ffffd1002ffe7ba0, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] Driver Description: nVidia Video drivers
    Driver Update Site: Download Drivers | NVIDIA

You have the newest avauilable driver, 382.05, so try doing a complete uninstall and reinstall as follows:

Ztruker, May 12, 2017
  5. Glenn332 Win User
    Driver Description: nVidia Video drivers
    Driver Update Site: Download Drivers | NVIDIA

You have the newest avauilable driver, 382.05, so try doing a complete uninstall and reinstall as follows:[/quote] I have already done this and that bsod was rare and I didnt recieve it before. however I do keep getting with like intervals of 7 days at times bsods with either Service exceptions or Thread exceptions.

Glenn332, May 12, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    There were only two dumps in the zip you uploaded.

Are you running any disk cleaners like CCleaner? If so that may be deleting additional dumps.

I don't see anything in the Event Viewer log either.

With the over heating, try this:
    ===================================================
    Follow this tutorial to stress test your CPU:
    Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums

If that doesn't show anything then try this:

===================================================
    Driver Verifier
    is a diagnostic tool built into Windows 10, it is designed to verify both native Microsoft drivers and third party drivers. Driver Verifier's verification process involves putting heavy stress on drivers with the intention of making bad, outdated, incompatible or misbehaving drivers fail. The required result is a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) which will generate a crash dump for debugging purposes.
    Machines exposed to Driver Verifier will run very sluggishly due to the stress being applied to the drivers.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10

Pay close attention to
    BSOD caused by ntoskrnl exceptions [​IMG]
    PART TWO
    BSOD caused by ntoskrnl exceptions [​IMG]
    and make sure the correct boxes are checked.

Warning:
    It is not advised to run Driver Verifier for more than 48 hours at a time. Disable Driver Verifier after 48 hours or after receiving a BSOD, whichever happens soonest.

Always create a Restore Point prior to enabling Driver Verifier.

What we're looking for is a verifier generated BSOD with a mini dump that will tell us what driver caused it. If you get a BSOD, rerun dm_log_collector and upload the resulting zip file.

Ztruker, May 12, 2017
  7. Glenn332 Win User
    Yeah I have CCleaner but its because I reinstalled my pc that the other dumps are gone ;(
    Ill try and run driver verifier either today or tomorrow thank you for responding!

Update: I also updated my bios today my motherboard is an MSI Z170A M7 Gaming. I had version 1.b and I now have the updated 1.h which also has NVME compatibility fixes. Maybe this was the cause of the BSOD's.

Im currently running driver verifier how long should I try it? A day?
    I dont really notice a difference running this.

Glenn332, May 13, 2017
  8. Ztruker Win User

Did you follow the instructions at the link I gave you for Driver Verifier. It tells you how to set it up and how long (MAX) to run it.

Good news about the BIOS, that could very well resolve this.

Ztruker, May 13, 2017
  9. Glenn332 Win User
    Yeah I was running a pretty old one, I just thought I mightve broken something when I reinstalled the CPU cooler without the plastic or during the reseating of the gpu but I dont think I hit anything or something like that maybe that the CPU cooler got seated too tight but I was very carefull with that aswell.

Yeah I did the driver verifier settings correctly and rebooted, But I dont notice my pc running sluggish due to it.

Glenn332, May 13, 2017
  10. Ztruker Win User
    Let it run for up to 48 hours, see if we get a Driver Verifier induced BSOD and dump.

Use it like you normally do.

Ztruker, May 13, 2017
  11. Glenn332 Win User
    I havent had any bsod's yet, But my gpu temperature did go up a bit. Is this due to driver verifier or could it be related?

Glenn332, May 13, 2017
  12. Ztruker Win User
    No, verifier does not put any additional load on the GPU.

You have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti. All I can suggest is check to make sure the fan(s) are turning properly and the airflow inside the case is good.

Ztruker, May 14, 2017
  13. Glenn332 Win User

I have a scythe fuma cpu cooler which blocks all airflow.

The gpu is not dusty and I have my fans at 100% which is noticeable about. Maybe it's broken.

Glenn332, May 14, 2017
  14. Glenn332 Win User
    Hello Ztruker,

So today I had a bsod again and im hoping you can tell me why

Attachment 137229

Glenn332, May 28, 2017
  15. Ztruker Win User
    Dump shows a
    Code: BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80364a7e2af, ffffcc8053cceab0, 0} Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ObpCreateHandle+3ff )[/quote] Code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b) An exception happened while executing a system service routine. Arguments: Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck Arg2: fffff80364a7e2af, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck Arg3: ffffcc8053cceab0, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.[/quote] In the thread trace I see this:
    Code: ffffcc80`53cce108 fffff80b`67367d67*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for e2xw10x64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for e2xw10x64.sys e2xw10x64+0x7d67[/quote] This belongs to your Killer E2400 Gigabit Ethernet Controller dated 14/09/2016. You could check to see if there is a newer version available: Support

Ztruker, May 29, 2017
Thema:

1. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl exceptions - Similar Threads - BSOD caused ntoskrnl

2. ntoskrnl bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntoskrnl bsod: My pc has been bsod-ing for 2-3 years now and i recently decided to try and fix it. I use bluescreen view and always see that the bsods are always caused by ntoskrnl.exe. heres all of the stuff ive to try and fix it.Used 1 8gb ram stick at a timeused different ram slotsused...
  3. ntoskrnl BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntoskrnl BSOD: Hello, I have quite a persistent problem here.I often get BSOD or straight out system restarts the latter don't have any trace in minidump. In the past few days, they were too recurrent and got to a point where I had to reinstall Windows because my laptop actually got slowed...
  4. ntoskrnl BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntoskrnl BSOD: Hello, I have quite a persistent problem here.I often get BSOD or straight out system restarts the latter don't have any trace in minidump. In the past few days, they were too recurrent and got to a point where I had to reinstall Windows because my laptop actually got slowed...
  5. ntoskrnl BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntoskrnl BSOD: I've done a fair amount of troubleshooting on this and can't figure out what's going on. To start with, here are the .dmp files and msinfo32, along with system specs:http://speccy.piriform.com/results/Jh11E0U3KTjnUm6PWVA5bxw...
  6. BSOD Ntoskrnl

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Ntoskrnl: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApjRkNasl_IylVCIFjFo4kVnrnm6?e=R7Hrar Link to minidump Now i've ran every memory test. i've done sfc, CHKDSK sfc. memtest86 and memory diagnostic all passed with no issues i've updated through device manager and i'm up to date on everything included...
  7. ntoskrnl and ntkrnlmp problems - causing Very frequent BSOD: System Service Exception. How...

ntoskrnl and ntkrnlmp problems - causing Very frequent BSOD: System Service Exception. How...: Hi, I am new here. Been trying to get to the bottom of my infuriating problem with my laptop. Frequent BSODs, usually when the laptop has had a chance to go idle for a bit, never when an intensive program is running. I downloaded WhoCrashed and got the following reports...
  8. Ntoskrnl BSOD

Ntoskrnl BSOD: Hello, Any ideas how I can stop ntoskrnl.exe of causing blue screens? It happens every few days while I am playing games on steam Here are my dumps: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E7Kwdh1341_R2psC5NVUoETVBtqC_QlP/view?usp=sharing...
  9. Bsod ntoskrnl

Bsod ntoskrnl: Hi guys, Any help would be massively appreciated. My computer is BSOD at least two times a day. As far as I can tell, all drivers are up to date including Nvidia. Could somebody take a look at the attached and let me know if you find anything? I've ran a system check...
  10. BSOD - Bad Pool Header caused by NTOSKRNL

BSOD - Bad Pool Header caused by NTOSKRNL: Hello, I've been having an issue this past week whenever my computer restarts (seems to be from Windows Updates) I come back to a Bad Pool Header BSOD. I was able to get it stopped by uninstalling Avast and doing a Clean Boot. After about 2 hours of restarting and just adding...