Windows 10: BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe and ndis.sys

Discus and support BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe and ndis.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I just moved, this weekend from a HDD to a SSD and installed a watercooling for my CPU. After cloning my disk, I had multiple BSOD, so I decided... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Augustin G, Apr 13, 2017.

1. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe and ndis.sys

Hi,

I just moved, this weekend from a HDD to a SSD and installed a watercooling for my CPU. After cloning my disk, I had multiple BSOD, so I decided to use the MediaCreationTool.exe to do a new clean install. But I'm still getting BSOD. It happens quite randomnly (twice during the login screen, the last BSOD).

Thanks for your help.

Attachment 130094

:)

Augustin G, Apr 13, 2017

2. KB4054517 Update Dec 12 2017 Causes BSOD and Sudden Restarts

Almost same issue here except that the BSOD took place during the patch installation process, when Windows tried to start after the reboot.

Machine is a Dell XPS 15 laptop.

As per content of the minidump, issue is due to NTOSKRNL.EXE.

After a rollback to a restore point and retried installing the update, new BSOD due this time to NDIS.SYS

Booted in Safe mode to remove the update then no BSOD's anymore.

Thanks to Microsoft to provide a solution in a near future.

PhilippeLudwig, Apr 13, 2017
  3. Windows 10 64-bit Blue Screen of Death

Hi,

several BSOD happens when wake up the PC in a sleep mode, it does not happen everyday, bug check string, code and caused by driver as follows:

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, 0x0000003b, ntoskrnl.exe.

PM KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 0x0000001e ndis.sys.

AM IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a ntoskrnl.exe.

PM PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 0x00000050 FLTMGR.SYS.

PM SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x0000003b atikmdag.sys.

Here is the link for DMP and MSinfo

My PC dmp and info.zip

Computer specification:

CPU: intel core i7-4770 3.40GHz

Ram: 16 GB

Video card: AMD ATI Radeon R9 390x

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87-HD3

Black Cover, Apr 13, 2017
  4. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe and ndis.sys

I just had two new BSOD. WhoCrashed:
    Code: On Sat 15/04/2017 00:33:37 your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0) Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF801A78491B4, 0xFFFFC681C9086C00, 0x0) Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time. On Fri 14/04/2017 23:55:00 your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\041417-14015-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x16BF70) Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF803706C61B4, 0xFFFFDE00C3C6E850, 0x0) Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System company: Microsoft Corporation description: NT Kernel & System Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.[/quote]

Augustin G, Apr 14, 2017
  5. axe0 New Member
    Hi Augustin,

Unfortunately we have some trouble performing a proper analysis with systems running Windows 10 CU update.
    There are some issues on the side of Microsoft regarding symbols and we'll have to wait until Microsoft fixes this issue. This is, unfortunately, kinda normal since it has also happened with previous builds.

6. Hi,

I was wondering if there were any update about that issue. I still have my computer which freezes daily.

Thanks.

Augustin G, Aug 21, 2017
  7. philc43 Win User
    Please post a new set of logfiles - although there are still a few issues we can analyse the mini-dump files so it is well worth investigating if you still have problems.

philc43, Aug 21, 2017
  8. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe and ndis.sys

Thanks.

Here are the new logfiles.

Augustin G, Aug 21, 2017
  9. zbook New Member
    zbook, Aug 21, 2017
  10. axe0 New Member
    BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe and ndis.sys [​IMG]
    Warning Programs that claim to update your drivers install either the wrong or corrupted drivers.
    If you have installed any driver with Driver Booster 4, please remove them as it may cause trouble.
    An easy way to get remove these drivers is by using a restore point prior the installation.

11. Tanks. In that case I have to reinstall Windows 10, I installationed thel a few months ago, so I have no restore point. Or maybe you have a better solution.

Here are the logfiles in English.

Augustin G, Aug 21, 2017
  12. axe0 New Member
    Is there a log or something of all drivers that have been installed?

13. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe and ndis.sys

I have that logfiles Attachment 150026

Augustin G, Aug 22, 2017
  14. axe0 New Member
    It's about the following drivers
    - Realtek LAN
    - Realtek audio
    - AMD smbus
    - AMD audio
    - Asmedia USB
    - Asmedia sata
    - lots of Microsoft drivers like Microsoft Visual C++ 2008

Reinstall all drivers from ASUS and remove all programs from Microsoft, these programs will be reinstalled in a matter of time.
    Check installed.log, in 'Installed' folder, to see what exact drivers and programs you need to remove/reinstall.

15. Thanks a lot. I had to install from scratch windows 10, but it seems to work fine now. You were certainly right!
    How do I install safely my drivers?

Here are the new logfiles if you need them.

Augustin G, Aug 22, 2017
Thema:

BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe and ndis.sys

1. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe and ndis.sys - Similar Threads - BSOD caused ntoskrnl

2. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: KUKutter_UKFirstly, I would like to say that I am posting this again because after having an instant reply from an 'Andrew', and posting my dmp files as requested on July 24th I haven't heard anything back since! I have responded a couple of times but nothing is happening to...
  3. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: Hi there, My new machine around 8 months old now runs perfectly most of the time. Uptime 3 - 6 weeks at a time. NO issues at all - I am a heavy PC user: Gaming, Audio Work and some 3D modelling, so my machine goes through its paces.Every now and then on boot, I get the error...
  4. BSOD caused by netwtw10.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD caused by netwtw10.sys: From a couple of days ago my machine has been frequently BSOD and showing the error to be caused by netwtw10.sys. I have attempted to reinstall network drivers, reset machine with content, reset to factory and the issue has persisted through all the changes I made. In...
  5. QCAMAIN1.SYS CAUSING BSOD

QCAMAIN1.SYS CAUSING BSOD: This was probably caused by the following module: qcamain1.sys Qcamain10x64+0x108678 Bugcheck code: 0x1D3 0x333, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0 Error: CUSTOM_ERROR A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for...
  6. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  7. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  8. BSOD netio, ntoskrnl, ndis i7 7700 IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSOD netio, ntoskrnl, ndis i7 7700 IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: So I've been plagued by blue screen for the past few weeks which happen randomly through out the day, sometimes I get blue screens just when I boot and sometimes I don't for hours. I upgraded my computer's mobo and processor then I started getting these BSODs. With that said...
  9. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl exceptions

BSOD caused by ntoskrnl exceptions: Hello to anyone that is willing to help my name is Glenn, My pc was assembled by professionals but it got really hot so a month ago I took my cpu cooler off and noticed that they left the plastic on the cpu cooling block, So I fixed that issue after emailing the people...
  10. Random BSODs on Dell XPS 13 9350 (ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp, ndis)

Random BSODs on Dell XPS 13 9350 (ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp, ndis): Hello All, My XPS 13 9350 has been BSODing again after a few months of relative stability. I've ran memtest86, 20 runs without errors, chkdsk, sfc/scannow, and DISM scanhealth all returning without errors or integrity violations. I've also used Whocrashed to analyze...