Windows 10: BSOD Computer crashed while I was editing a project

Discus and support BSOD Computer crashed while I was editing a project in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear community, I was working on a long term project when my computer froze and I am left with a black screen that says "Preparing Automatic Repair"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by agubaba, Jan 25, 2017.

1. agubaba Win User

BSOD Computer crashed while I was editing a project

Dear community,

I was working on a long term project when my computer froze and I am left with a black screen that says "Preparing Automatic Repair" followed by a blue screen that says "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you." Followed by the black screen again, and this continues repeating and has been going on for the last 30 minutes. I have tried holding down the power button and I have searched online for solutions but the only one I can find requires you to completely reboot and erase all the files on the computer. Please, I need an urgent response.

Thank you!

:)

agubaba, Jan 25, 2017

2. Critical_Process_Died

After using my PC for a few hours today, I'm not getting any BSODs but the audio in certain games seems to be stuttering and looping once in a while which is what it used to do before a BSOD.

EDIT: My computer just crashed with a looping sound but no BSOD. The screen just went black and said "Cable not connected" and then it automatically restarted. How can I fix this?

JimmyJosser, Jan 25, 2017
  3. Computer freezing and crashing with BSOD asusTP.sys and USBehci.sys

Don't know why but my dmp files are gone. are they temporary files?

Yet, my last crash hasn't created a dump this time. maybe because my computer froze while in BSOD

how may i proceed?

Should've saved them elsewere, right? =(

EDIT: i realized i ran Ccleaner on my computer, so it deleted the DMP. i'm gonna have to wait for another crash =(

Henrique.Machado, Jan 25, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

If you can get into the recovery mode (often turning the PC on and off three times in succession will do this) you can then try the advanced repair options as explained in the following tutorial. Start with the system restore and then if this fails try a refresh. These two options do not lose any of your files.

If that does not work try to get to the command prompt and run the command chkdsk command.

philc43, Jan 25, 2017
Thema:

1. BSOD Computer crashed while I was editing a project - Similar Threads - BSOD Computer crashed

2. Project to this computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Project to this computer: please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/project-to-this-computer/a339c4d2-38bc-4831-9ade-04fc166b8d06
  3. Project to this computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Project to this computer: please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/project-to-this-computer/a339c4d2-38bc-4831-9ade-04fc166b8d06
  4. Getting BSOD while video editing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting BSOD while video editing.: Hi folks,I'm a professional editor using Windows 11. For the last couple of weeks, I'm facing performance issues with my PC, while editing or doing heavy-duty tasks. My main softwares are Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, it all started with no graphic output in premiere...
  5. Getting BSOD while video editing.

Getting BSOD while video editing.: Hi folks,I'm a professional editor using Windows 11. For the last couple of weeks, I'm facing performance issues with my PC, while editing or doing heavy-duty tasks. My main softwares are Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, it all started with no graphic output in premiere...
  6. How do I share editable projects to other computers in Paint 3d

How do I share editable projects to other computers in Paint 3d: I have some projects on Paint 3d that I want to move to my other computer and still be able to edit. Since Remix 3d was shut down I don't know how to share. My projects have a lot of 3d objects that I still want to move around and edit with. I don't want to share my projects...
  7. Paint 3D Project File: I want to edit it on another computer

Paint 3D Project File: I want to edit it on another computer: Hi there...recently (since March) I have been making a 3d model of a bus (one of the buses found here in Philippines), and then came the days when I have to move to another PC and continue editing the project. But unfortunately, I couldn't get the project file to another PC....
  8. Paint 3D Project File: I want to edit it on another computer

Paint 3D Project File: I want to edit it on another computer: Hi there...recently (since March) I have been making a 3d model of a bus (one of the buses found here in Philippines), and then came the days when I have to move to another PC and continue editing the project. But unfortunately, I couldn't get the project file to another PC....
  9. crash while playing halo custom edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    crash while playing halo custom edition: every time i play halo ce on windows 10 its always crash. any help would be appreciated. 6329
  10. BSOD while computer is idle(crashes seem infrequent)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while computer is idle(crashes seem infrequent): Im am experiencing some sort of crash while my computer is in idle. I do not see the bsod myself but I know they are happening. As I return to my computer I am back in the login screen. I checked the mini dump to find that I have had 2 incidents of my computer crashing with a...