Windows 10: Troubleshoot Windows 10 failure to boot using Recovery Environment

Discus and support Troubleshoot Windows 10 failure to boot using Recovery Environment in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Troubleshoot Windows 10 failure to boot using Recovery Environment How to Troubleshoot Windows 10 failure to boot using Recovery Environment... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Troubleshoot Windows 10 failure to boot using Recovery Environment

How to: Troubleshoot Windows 10 failure to boot using Recovery Environment

How to Troubleshoot Windows 10 failure to boot using Recovery Environment

Troubleshoot Windows 10 failure to boot using Recovery Environment [​IMG]
    Information Windows failing to boot can be a daunting experience, the Recovery environment built into Windows 10 is designed to overcome a variety of problems that cause Windows 10 to fail to boot. This tutorial details the options available and how to use them.

Warning Read the following instructions carefully before proceeding with the Recovery environment, some options may cause you to lose settings, updates or files.

INTRODUCTION [/i] List of Contents
    Preface: Entering the Recovery Environment
    Option One: System Restore
    Option Two: Refresh Windows 10
    Option Three: Reset Windows 10
    Option Four: System Image Recovery

PREFACE [/i] Entering the Recovery Environment
    1:
    When Windows 10 fails to boot you will be taken to the Recovery screen. Click Restart my PC

A)
    If your PC reboots successfully you can disregard the rest of this tutorial.
    B)
    If your PC boots back to the Recovery screen, follow Step 2.
    2: Click See advanced Repair options

3: At the Choose an option screen click Troubleshoot

4:
    Go to the List of Contents to continue with your desired method.

OPTION ONE [/i] System Restore
    1: Click Advanced Options

2:
    Follow System Restore Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums from Option One: Step 4 to complete a System Restore.

OPTION TWO [/i] Refresh Windows 10
    1: Click on Refresh your PC

2: Follow Refresh Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums from Option One: Step 4 to refresh your PC.

OPTION THREE [/i] Reset Windows 10
    1: Click on Reset your PC

2: Follow Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums from Option One: Step 3 to reset your PC.

OPTION FOUR [/i] System Image Recovery
    Information The System Image Recovery option will only be executable if you have previously created a Windows System Image.

Note Restoring a system image may take between a few minutes and a few hours depending on the size of your system image.
    1: Click on System Image Recovery

2: On the Choose an account to continue screen click the name of the account you will use to restore the image

3: Enter the password for the chosen account

4: Select a system image backup.
    A) By default the Use the latest available system image (recommended) option is selected. If you wish to use this option click Next

Information If you select this option skip to Step 5.
    If you wish to choose a different image follow Step 4: B)

B) If you wish to select a different system image click on Select a system image then click Next

Highlight the location where your desired image is stored and click Next

Highlight the image you wish to restore and click Next

5: At this point you will be asked if you would like to Choose additional restore options
    A) Check the Format and repartition disks to restore your hard drives and partitions to the state they were in at the time the image was taken. Click the Exclude disks... button to exclude certain drives from the repartitioning process

Tip If the options are greyed out (as in the screenshot above) click on Install drivers... to install the drivers for your disk drives from an external source (USB stick or CD/DVD)

B) Click on Advanced to set further instructions before restoring the image.

To make additional changes before restarting the PC uncheck the Automatically restart this computer after the restore is complete option

To prevent a Disk Check run uncheck the Automatically check and update disk error information option

Once you have chosen your additional options click Next
    6: Check your image choice is correct and click Finish, then confirm the restore by clicking Yes.

That's it,
    Gav.

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jan 18, 2016

2. Windows 10 hangs and turns off on Windows icon splash page and unable to boot to Recovery Environment

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with booting the operating system. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

As you are unable to boot the device using ISO file, this issue might have occurred when the boot files are missing or corrupted.

Do let us know if you were able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?

I suggest you re-built the boot record by following the below commands and check if it helps.

You will have to use Windows 10 installation media to follow the steps to boot into Recovery Environment and try to rebuild BCD.

As you have already created a media creation tool you may skip
    Step 1 and try the below.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    Windows 10 using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.

• bootrec /fixmbr

• bootrec /fixboot

• bootrec /scanos

• bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting
    from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 26, 2019
  3. EdTittel Win User
    Windows Boot Manager EFI\Microsoft\boot\bcd status 0xc0000225

Why use DiskPart before you know what's causing the boot failure. I'd suggest reading and trying this TenForums tutorial instead: Troubleshoot Windows 10 failure to boot using Recovery Environment. If none of this works, then it's time to ask for more help. But it should cover most of the obvious, well-known causes of boot problems.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 26, 2019
  4. nimd4 Win User

nimd4, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Missing Recovery Environment

Hi Alan,

Here is a link containing several useful suggestions to help you recover Windows 10. Since the error message that you got tells you to insert your Windows installation or recovery media. We suggest the perform the steps listed under
    Use a recovery drive to restore or reset your PC or you can also follow the steps under
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. Please see the link below for more details:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Bree Win User
    System image issues

Yes. If you can boot from the usb and get to Advanced Startup then you should see a Troubleshoot option. Click on it, then choose Advanced Options. There you should find System Image Recovery like this....

Now connect your external HDD with the system image on it then click System Image Recovery. You should then be at Option Four, Step 4 in this tutorial (you won't see steps 2 & 3 if you have booted from a recovery drive).

Thema:

1. Troubleshoot Windows 10 failure to boot using Recovery Environment - Similar Threads - Troubleshoot failure boot

2. Cannot boot into Windows Recovery Environment

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot boot into Windows Recovery Environment: I cannot get my Windows 10 PC into the Windows Recovery Environment. I followed the procedures offered in another now closed thread see below, but my computer does not enter the WRE. Is there an other way to get to the WRE?Here's the previous thread and recommended...
  3. Cannot boot into Windows Recovery Environment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot boot into Windows Recovery Environment: I cannot get my Windows 10 PC into the Windows Recovery Environment. I followed the procedures offered in another now closed thread see below, but my computer does not enter the WRE. Is there an other way to get to the WRE?Here's the previous thread and recommended...
  4. Cannot boot into Windows Recovery Environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. pc always boots at recovery environment

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc always boots at recovery environment: hi, I am using windows 10 version 2004 on HP laptop. my pc always boots at recovery environment. i don't know why. how can i fix this? plz help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-always-boots-at-recovery-environment/16f5daa2-70f2-4c30-b49c-2bac4f63ef4b
  6. Windows recovery environment troubleshoot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows recovery environment troubleshoot: [IMG][IMG]why do i only get these options ? my pc just crashed and doesnt let me to boot into windows it takis me to this page always please help me...
  7. Windows 10 boots to Windows Recovery Environment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 boots to Windows Recovery Environment: I have Microsoft Surface Book that came with Windows 10 installed. I bought this laptop in USA and currently I am in India. There was some automatic windows update that required a restart. As soon as I restarted it went into recovery mode. Does it have to do with restarting...
  8. Booting to recovery environment

Booting to recovery environment: Please tell how to boot to recovery environment to solve trouble shoot error in windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-to-recovery-environment/da240ec1-b957-44db-88b1-dd365e20bfe2
  9. What image is used for Windows Recovery Environment?

What image is used for Windows Recovery Environment?: reagentc /info shows path is [C:] \recovery\WindowsRE\winre.wim I also have a Recovery partition with Q:\recovery\WindowsRE\winre.wim If I rename the recovery folders above to RecoveryX (using non-windows admin tools), I can still boot into WinRE by either: 1) Boot into...
  10. Windows 10 recovery environment

Windows 10 recovery environment: As of last night, my Lenovo ideapad 320 hasn’t been able to start. Any time I try to turn it on, it shows the Lenovo logo and says “Preparing automatic repair”, and then “Diagnosing your PC”. Then it goes to a blue screen with the text “Automatic Repair”. Under that it says...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 reset your pc