Windows 10: BSOD driver_power_state_failure

Discus and support BSOD driver_power_state_failure in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, My computer runs into BSOD driver_power_state_failure every time I resume from sleep mode or turning on the computer after turning it off (I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bluescreenn123, Sep 10, 2016.

1. BSOD driver_power_state_failure

Hi,

My computer runs into BSOD driver_power_state_failure every time I resume from sleep mode or turning on the computer after turning it off (I have the quick boot enabled).
    I just did a refresh on my machine to get rid of all the bloatwares from lenovo. I have reinstall most of the programs that is available from lenovo website: Laptops-and-netbooks :: IdeaPad-Y-Series-laptops :: IdeaPad-Y510 - Lenovo Support (US)
    Here are the list that I installed:
    Advanced Configuration and Power Management Interface (ACPI) Driver for Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit) - Notebook
    Intel WLAN Driver for Windows 8.1 (64-bit), Windows 10 (64-bit) - IdeaPad Y510
    Note: I also updated the drivers using driver booster: Download Driver Booster - Free Windows 10 Drivers, Update PC Drivers

I'm sure I'm just missing a driver somewhere but I cannot read the BSOD crash report, please help.
    Details can be found in the attachment

Thanks!

:)

bluescreenn123, Sep 10, 2016

2. When shutting down get bsod after 5 min then shuts down

When shutting down after 5 min get driver_power_state_failure BSOD then shuts down don't want to damage my computer....

RogerFreeman67, Sep 10, 2016
  3. Mikeyx39 Win User
    Windows Defender and Windows Update Not Working, Can't Re-register certain Windows Components, and more...

A BSOD greeted me when I turned it on this morning, with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. Although restarting made it work again, this is still rather worrying.

Mikeyx39, Sep 10, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD driver_power_state_failure

BSOD driver_power_state_failure [​IMG]
    Warning Programs that claim to update your drivers install either the wrong or corrupted drivers.
    If you have installed any driver with Driver Booster 3, please remove them as it may cause trouble.
    An easy way to get remove these drivers is by using a restore point prior the installation.

Your driver source should be Lenovo

5. Hi axe0,

I tried doing as you suggested, but I still encountered the same problem.
    I also tried using the Display Driver Uninstaller found from here: Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V17.0.1.1 Released. | WagnardMobile
    and installed the graphic driver from NVIDIA through the NVIDIA GEFORCE experience.
    Attached is the newer BSOD log.

Thanks.
    Edit: Forgot to mention that I also installed all the drivers found from lenovo website too that can be found here:
    Laptops-and-netbooks :: IdeaPad-Y-Series-laptops :: IdeaPad-Y510 - Lenovo Support (US)

bluescreenn123, Sep 12, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    It seems Lenovo doesn't provide chipset driver updates, let's hope a display driver update is enough.

Please uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from Lenovo. Be sure the clean install box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver, you can use this tutorial for the installation part *Arrow NVIDIA Drivers - Avoid Problems - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Attachment 101191

Code: BugCheck 9F, {3, ffffe00133941060, ffffd0002626b990, ffffe00132b030e0} Implicit thread is now ffffe001`32e19800 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iaStorA.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iaStorA.sys Probably caused by : iaStorA.sys Followup: MachineOwner 2: kd> lmvm iaStorA Browse full module list start end module name fffff801`68a60000 fffff801`68fd2000 iaStorA T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: iaStorA.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\iaStorA.sys Image name: iaStorA.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Wed Jun 03 11:38:57 2015 (556ECB31) CheckSum: 00165AED ImageSize: 00572000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4 2: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm Browse full module list start end module name fffff801`70a20000 fffff801`717fd000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys Image name: nvlddmkm.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Thu Aug 25 22:31:18 2016 (57BF5596) CheckSum: 00D90B2E ImageSize: 00DDD000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

7. Hi axe0,

I still have a bluescreen when I startup my computer. This time there's an additional error caused by Ancillary Function Driver for WinSock.
    I have installed the nvidia driver from Lenovo website and then updated the graphic driver by updating the NVIDIA GeForce Experience to the latest version. However I did not update to the latest game ready driver since I don't think it is the cause of error.
    Can you please take a look at it. Thanks!

bluescreenn123, Sep 15, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Please disable fast startup
    Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    Code: Event[4549]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Boot Date: 2016-09-15T19:29:34.951 Event ID: 29 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: WindowsPC Description: Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC0000001.[/quote]

9. Is it possible for me to fix this issue with fast startup? previously I was using it and it didn't cause any error. without it my boot time would double or triple from usual which becomes ~2-5 mins

bluescreenn123, Sep 16, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    We first need to have confirmation that fast startup causes trouble before we can attempt to fix it with fast startup.

11. After some testing, I'm sure it was caused by fast startup. I disabled it yesterday and I did not encounter a BSOD when I startup. Though it took me more than 5 mins just to get to the desktop. I'm attaching the report for the other BSOD that happened before I disable the fast startup.

bluescreenn123, Sep 17, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    Last dump shows no difference compared to others.

13. BSOD driver_power_state_failure

I disabled the fast startup and have no BSOD so far, the previous log was when I have not disabled the fast startup. But then mt startup takes around 7minutes, mostly stuck on the lenovo screen for 5 mins

bluescreenn123, Sep 19, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
    Diagnostics Test
    Clean boot
    Please try the following:
    • Open taskmanager
      • Go to the tab startup
      • disable everything
    • Search msconfig and open it
      • Go to the tab services
      • Check 'hide microsoft services'
      • Uncheck all other services
      • Click apply and click ok
    • Reboot if asked
    See if the problem persist, if the problem does not persist enable in the startup tab in taskmanager 1 item and in the services tab in msconfig also 1 service, reboot and see if the problem persist. Keep doing this until you find the culprit or there is nothing left.
    If the problem still persist, try booting in safe mode and see if the problem still persist

Thema:

1. BSOD driver_power_state_failure - Similar Threads - BSOD driver_power_state_failure

2. "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" BSOD Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" BSOD Error: I have been periodically received a BSOD error probably at least once a day. I have pulled a Memory.DMP, which can be viewed below. Please advise. Thank you!******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * *...
  3. "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" BSOD Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" BSOD Error: I have been periodically received a BSOD error probably at least once a day. I have pulled a Memory.DMP, which can be viewed below. Please advise. Thank you!******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * *...
  4. BSOD related to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD related to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f: Hello,I have been receiving repeated BSODs related to the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. To date, I have reinstalled my OS from the ground up, and yet, I still receive the BSOD at random times.What could it be? Is there a way to determine which exact driver/component is causing...
  5. BSOD related to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f

BSOD related to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f: Hello,I have been receiving repeated BSODs related to the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. To date, I have reinstalled my OS from the ground up, and yet, I still receive the BSOD at random times.What could it be? Is there a way to determine which exact driver/component is causing...
  6. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: My Dell Latitude 3410 crashed while the lid is closed and the fans started to get loud and when the lid is opened, it displayed a BSOD and shows the stop code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. How to resolve this problem?...
  7. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: My Dell Latitude 3410 crashed while the lid is closed and the fans started to get loud and when the lid is opened, it displayed a BSOD and shows the stop code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. How to resolve this problem?...
  8. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

9. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE leading to BSOD. I have Asus G14 laptop R7 4800HS + nvidia 1650

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE leading to BSOD. I have Asus G14 laptop R7 4800HS + nvidia 1650: This is the dump file: -DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9fA driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time.Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000004, The power transition timed out waiting to synchronize with the Pnp subsystem.Arg2: 000000000000012c, Timeout in...
  10. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE leading to BSOD. I have Asus G14 laptop R7 4800HS + nvidia 1650

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE leading to BSOD. I have Asus G14 laptop R7 4800HS + nvidia 1650: This is the dump file: -DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9fA driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time.Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000004, The power transition timed out waiting to synchronize with the Pnp subsystem.Arg2: 000000000000012c, Timeout in...