Windows 10: BSOD every few hours or few days - very random

Discus and support BSOD every few hours or few days - very random in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I ran it and something about checking the disk flashed across the screen quickly at startup, but I could read it. Is there somewhere I can check to see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by stonerobertc, Sep 3, 2015.

1. BSOD every few hours or few days - very random

I ran it and something about checking the disk flashed across the screen quickly at startup, but I could read it. Is there somewhere I can check to see if it found or did anything?

stonerobertc, Sep 10, 2015

2. I found the event log for chkdsk and it found no errors.

stonerobertc, Sep 11, 2015
  3. axe0 New Member
    The GPU drivers were flagged a lot, I would make sure the GPU is not damaged.

BSOD every few hours or few days - very random [​IMG]
    Diagnostic test
    GPU TEST

Run Furmark tutorial

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if temperatures rise too high

4. BSOD every few hours or few days - very random

I did not run Furmark, but instead installed a different video card. This time is was a GeForce GTX 960 FTW with 2GB. I installed it last nght around 8 pm and it worked fine. Checked this morning and it had crashed at 2:33 am. Attached is the file.
    Attachment 37051

I am about ready to give up and return to prior single monitor and old video card. This is very frustrating.

5. axe0 New Member
    This time it is the Intel Rapid Storage Technology.
    Please update it here
    If you're not using RAID, disable it in the services.
    Code: 0: kd> lmvm iaStorAstart end module name fffff801`dc230000 fffff801`dc4fd000 iaStorA T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: iaStorA.sys Image path: iaStorA.sys Image name: iaStorA.sys Timestamp: Mon Jan 14 19:00:27 2013 (50F447BB) CheckSum: 000A2FE2 ImageSize: 002CD000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]
    Note Please disable also the Nvidia Streamer Service, this service might also cause trouble.

6. IRST has been disabled for couple of days, so why is that being flagged? I disabled the nvidia streamer service.

7. axe0 New Member
    Please update the driver, I don't know how, but somehow it is trying to access memory that is not meant for it

8. BSOD every few hours or few days - very random

Not sure how to do that. I started IRST (since was still showing disabled) and ran Intel Driver Update, but it did not detect anything. I don't see another way to update a driver for IRST. Also, there is an IRST program loaded that shows in the Control Panel and is listed in "programs and features" as a loaded program.

9. axe0 New Member
    Uninstall it and see if that helps.

10. Since it seems that the GeForce 960 card does not work any better than Quadro K620, I am considering putting the Quadro back in and returning the GeForce card. They are both 2GB. The GeForce has more ports, but the Quadro has the ports I need. The Quadro is a much smaller card using a single slot and only 45 watts. The GeForce uses a double slot and 160 watts max. The Quadro is cheaper. Any advantage of one over the other?

11. axe0 New Member
    Depending on what you're planning to do with a 4k monitor, it might be better to use the GeForce 960.

12. Primarily photo editing in Photoshop and Adobe Lightroom and some video editing in a dual monitor setup, along with standard email, internet, etc. No gaming, 3D, CAD or similar. Not sure I know the difference between the two cards. I was primarily looking for a 4k card with both DisplayPort and DVI ports.

I should add I was also hoping that a new card would draw full size versions of the photos in Lightroom when you click on the thumbnail faster than my old card.

13. axe0 New Member

BSOD every few hours or few days - very random

Do you heavily edit in photoshop and video edit?
    If so, you need a better GPU and need a good cooling system for the CPU, because the CPU would likely create a lot of heat.

Please add your PSU and cooling system in your system specs.

14. The PSU and cooling system are stock whatever came with Dell XPS 8700. PSU is 460 watts and has the two six prong power connectors for the GeForce card. The Quadro does not have extra power requirement. The primary graphics use is Lightroom and Photoshop. Not sure what would be considered "heavy" but I work with lots of large RAW photo files in Lightroom and Photoshop. I would not consider video use as heavy. There is only about $60 difference between the two cards. Is the GeForce card "better" or is it just bigger? They are both 2 gb.

15. axe0 New Member
    If you want to use it daily, like as in your job or something, it might be better to replace the CPU with a better one because of the heat.

The GeForce 960, to short saying it, is a lot faster.
    The GeForce is better for heavy stuff, like games, heavy photoshopping.
    The Quadro is mostly used for lower end systems.

The great difference is the technology they use, the Geforce uses GDDR5 which isn't optimized for small apps doing regular memory operations. The Quadro uses DDR3 which is optimized for small apps doing regular memory operations.

Thema:

BSOD every few hours or few days - very random

1. BSOD every few hours or few days - very random - Similar Threads - BSOD every few

2. Random BSOD every few hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD every few hours: My computer crashes intermittently even if I'm not there doing anything and it's asleep every once in a while, I don't know what's causing it. The error code reads 139, so following instructions I found on here and used the Driver Verifier, crashing as a result of it, then...
  3. Random BSOD every few hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD every few hours: My computer crashes intermittently even if I'm not there doing anything and it's asleep every once in a while, I don't know what's causing it. The error code reads 139, so following instructions I found on here and used the Driver Verifier, crashing as a result of it, then...
  4. Getting BSOD randomly after few days or hours.

Getting BSOD randomly after few days or hours.: I randomly get BSOD in few days and even few hours of keeping on my computer this issue has started most probably after a powercut but i installed new Windows just 2 days before because of the same problem it happens randomly and my system works fine for some hours like today...
  5. Random BSODs every few days

Random BSODs every few days: For the past few months I've been random BSODs for seemingly no reason, the computer isn't being stressed or doing anything 'unique' at the time it happens, the BSOD errors include : 01/06/23 : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA01/03/23 : Memory Management : WARNING: Unable to...
  6. Random BSODs every few days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSODs every few days: For the past few months I've been random BSODs for seemingly no reason, the computer isn't being stressed or doing anything 'unique' at the time it happens, the BSOD errors include : 01/06/23 : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA01/03/23 : Memory Management : WARNING: Unable to...
  7. Random BSODs every few days

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. BSODs Every Few Hours

BSODs Every Few Hours: Hello, my laptop has been having various BSODs throughout this year. In a day it can restart once every two hours. The most common errors are memory management, unexpected store exception, kernel data inpage error, critical process died, bad system config info and invalid...
  9. BSODs Every Few Days

BSODs Every Few Days: Hello, I recently upgraded my PC with new mobo/gpu/cpu/ram, and have been having BSODs on and off since. They have only happened when I was away from the computer, so I didn't realize they were happening until one occurred while my wife was using Autodesk Revit. She has...
  10. BSOD every few hours

BSOD every few hours: Hello Community, i'm pretty well tech educated but i am running into some issues with a pc built for my uncle that is experiencing frequent blue screens of death. But we are having issues figuring out which hardware component or driver is failing. The Error/BSOD:...