Windows 10: BSOD freezing and crashing under load

Discus and support BSOD freezing and crashing under load in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer has always crashed frequently since I built it a few months ago. I finally did a clean Windows 10 install to see if that would sort it out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by wineheart, Nov 11, 2015.

1. wineheart Win User

BSOD freezing and crashing under load

My computer has always crashed frequently since I built it a few months ago. I finally did a clean Windows 10 install to see if that would sort it out but it didn't. It appears random. It crashes during resource intensive games, not resource intensive games, browsing, watching a video, or even just idling once every 2 to 6 hours of use. BSOD point their fingers at the RAM (which has tested fine), my graphics driver (the latest), and other things I'm not sure about. Please help, it's very annoying. I've been able to fix any problems my previous computers had by searching online, but this is over my head.

:)

wineheart, Nov 11, 2015

2. BSOD and other Crashing on Windows 10 (1709 )

I've been having various errors and crashing with my system under load (gaming, videos) with the new FCU. I've tried the standard troubleshooting - fresh and clean install, PSU swap, graphics driver roll back, and I've gone so far as to RMA and try a new
    graphics card. Booted with driver verifier to determine if any drivers are misbehaving, removed those that caused BSOD. I'm still experiencing freezing, crashing, and BSOD.

Who crashed points to ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe, but that doesn't help me much. Temps are not out of the expected range for the CPU. System is a gigabyte mobo, intel i7-4790k processor, and evga GTX 760 GPU.

Here is a link to the most recent DMP and a Mini dump file.

ThatSouthernGuy, Nov 11, 2015
  3. AnaVoinea Win User
    Lumia 950 keeps crashing

Battery connection is a source of problem, i have same problem, i put 2
    pieces paper 1 under battery and 1 in front battery, and then after
    more time spent on phone, NO CRASH, NO RESTART, NO FREEZING.

Battery at higher load,
    terminals not well connected,
    triggers a small current interruption, that make crash, restart or freezing.

AnaVoinea, Nov 11, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi wineheart,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Please check your Razer software for updates.
    Do you have any razer device connected? If you do, check Razer for driver updates
    Code: ffffd000`86d155d8 fffff800`18ca0200Unable to load image \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\RzDxgk.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for RzDxgk.sys RzDxgk+0x200 3: kd> lmvm RzDxgk start end module name fffff800`18ca0000 fffff800`18cbdb00 RzDxgk (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: RzDxgk.sys Image path: \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\RzDxgk.sys Image name: RzDxgk.sys Timestamp: Thu Apr 03 17:39:50 2014 (533D80C6) CheckSum: 0002AEC4 ImageSize: 0001DB00 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

5. wineheart Win User
    My mouse driver is up to date.

I have a few more crashes to add, all with unique BSOD reasons. I was either playing a game or switching between a game and firefox.

wineheart, Nov 14, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    The 0x1A(MEMORY_MANAGEMENT) and 0x4E(PFN_LIST_CORRUPT) are related to memory issues
    The 0xA(IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) is a read error what is usually caused by corrupted memory
    Code: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a) An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses. If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace. Arguments: Arg1: fffffd57cb000068, memory referenced Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL Arg3: 0000000000000000, bitfield : bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status) Arg4: fffff800c4c6fa5a, address which referenced memory[/quote]

BSOD freezing and crashing under load [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

7. wineheart Win User
    I ran this all night and while I was at work today. 17 tests and no failures. =( This is frustrating.

wineheart, Nov 17, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

Do you mean 17 passes or really 17 tests?
    Each pass has 10 tests where each test tests something different. But you need to run 8 or more passes to finish the test or until you get an error.

9. wineheart Win User
    17 passes. It ran for 18-20 hours.

wineheart, Nov 18, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

Thema:

1. BSOD freezing and crashing under load - Similar Threads - BSOD freezing crashing

2. PC Freezing and crashing under intensive load.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezing and crashing under intensive load.: After running various system tests and doing a total of 15 or more hours of researching the issue I am 99% certain it's my PSU. My main list of reasons, 1: when my pc freezes the fans begin spinning uncontrollably due to faulty power modulation 2: There are no event logs when...
  3. PC Freezing and crashing under intensive load.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Freezing and crashing under intensive load.: After running various system tests and doing a total of 15 or more hours of researching the issue I am 99% certain it's my PSU. My main list of reasons, 1: when my pc freezes the fans begin spinning uncontrollably due to faulty power modulation 2: There are no event logs when...
  4. PC Freezing and crashing under intensive load.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. cpu bsod under load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cpu bsod under load: my E5-2680v2 pc keeps crashing when putting load on cpu, cpu doing 50c and 80w, have tried these so far:-psu change-resetting bios-driver download-few others heres eventdata and dmp:issue.zip onedrive link<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">-...
  6. cpu bsod under load

cpu bsod under load: my E5-2680v2 pc keeps crashing when putting load on cpu, cpu doing 50c and 80w, have tried these so far:-psu change-resetting bios-driver download-few others heres eventdata and dmp:issue.zip onedrive link<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">-...
  7. BSOD Under load(gaming)

BSOD Under load(gaming): Hey, I randomly get BSOD while im playing games, i had no BSOD until I upgraded my GPU(from gtx 750ti to xfx gts radeon rx580 xxx 8gb). I tried several things: reinstall windows, DDU, memtest, replace PSU. Also i followed this instructions to verify drivers...
  8. Freezing Under Load

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Freezing Under Load: Hello, I have a custom built windows 10 gaming pc. My pc is “freezing” under load. However, I am still able access the start menu. All drivers are up to date. Specs: OS: Windows 10 1909 MB: MSI B350 Tomahawk Ram: 16GB DDR4 CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600x (not overclocked) GPU: Nvidia...
  9. BSOD under load and idle

BSOD under load and idle: I welcome. The laptop began to reboot quite often. When viewing video on the Internet or when I play games. Started check of random access memory. I don't know already what to do. Excuse for the curve translation, I badly know English. Attachment 123963 Attachment 123964...
  10. System Freezes While Under Load

System Freezes While Under Load: (This isn't a BSOD situation, but I can't find a forum section for system freezes) I have an i7-5820K overclocked to 4.2GHz as well as two GTX 980s in SLI. Occasionally while gaming, the system will lock up and will not respond until I shut down the computer either by...