Windows 10: BSOD immediately after sleep/hibernate

Discus and support BSOD immediately after sleep/hibernate in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Provided that a hibernate issue knows multiple causes with each error we'll need to narrow it down. Please follow below instructions and post back the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rhogg4859, Sep 11, 2016.

1. axe0 New Member

BSOD immediately after sleep/hibernate

Provided that a hibernate issue knows multiple causes with each error we'll need to narrow it down.
    Please follow below instructions and post back the results where requested.

BSOD immediately after sleep/hibernate [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    HDD TEST
    *Arrow Windows 7 Help Forums

Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

2. rhogg4859 Win User

Results from HDTune have highlighted possible problems. I have two disks, 320Gb with the Windows installation and a 2000Gb disk with alot of software and data installed including partitions for Linux.
    A Health check on the Windows disk after a clear run on the error check showed errors.
    Dropbox - Screenshot 2016-09-14 22.07.49.png
    Dropbox - Screenshot 2016-09-14 22.08.16.png
    Dropbox - Screenshot 2016-09-14 22.12.34.png

Are they significant? When I get a chance I will open up the PC and reset the cable to the hard disk and if I find I have another one I will replace it and rerun the test.

rhogg4859, Sep 14, 2016
  3. axe0 New Member
    The Interface CRC count is significant high, a possible indication of a communication error. I would suggest that if you reseat the cable to use another connection on the motherboard. It may increase the interface CRC count value a little, but that is normal, if it however increases after some time then you may need to use another cable.

The reallocated sector count is the amount of sector reallocations, not too critical so long as there won't get more sectors bad than the hard drive can handle.

4. rhogg4859 Win User

I have swapped the SATA cable for another, moved the drive onto another port and rerun the HDTune tests. Given that it now shows no further errors I will wait and see if we still are getting any BSOD after hibernating.

rhogg4859, Sep 20, 2016
  5. rhogg4859 Win User
    Had another BSOD immediately after returning from hibernate. I checked the disk again but saw no further errors so I can rule out the disk this time hopefully or maybe not.

I have attached the dm logs.

Thanks
    Rob.

rhogg4859, Jan 1, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    Create a new thread for the issue, the current thread is months old with a huge delay between your last reply.

Thema:

1. BSOD immediately after sleep/hibernate - Similar Threads - BSOD immediately sleep

2. Computer turns on by itself immediately after entering hibernation/sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer turns on by itself immediately after entering hibernation/sleep mode.: Yes I know this has been asked a thousand times, but unfortunately non of the guides have helped in any way, as they all provide the same useless information.First off, I've already turned off all waketimers, made it so that nothing but the mouse can wake up the pc, I even...
  3. Computer turns on by itself immediately after entering hibernation/sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turns on by itself immediately after entering hibernation/sleep mode.: Yes I know this has been asked a thousand times, but unfortunately non of the guides have helped in any way, as they all provide the same useless information.First off, I've already turned off all waketimers, made it so that nothing but the mouse can wake up the pc, I even...
  4. BSOD after sleep or hibernate ntoskrnl.exe+3f73b0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after sleep or hibernate ntoskrnl.exe+3f73b0: Please help every time my computer goes to sleep or hibernate i am getting the internal power errorMinidump linkhttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AgnhsYfiapv0aY_jpRyEIJrpEkc...
  5. BSOD after sleep or hibernate ntoskrnl.exe+3f73b0

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after sleep or hibernate ntoskrnl.exe+3f73b0: Please help every time my computer goes to sleep or hibernate i am getting the internal power errorMinidump linkhttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AgnhsYfiapv0aY_jpRyEIJrpEkc...
  6. Frequent BSOD after hibernation or sleep

Frequent BSOD after hibernation or sleep: I am facing frequent BSOD issue since last few months. BSOD generally occurs when booting from the hibernation state or sleep state. But likelihood of occurrence of BSOD after hibernation is more. I have tried updating all the system drivers to their latest version i.e....
  7. BSOD on sleep/hibernate

BSOD on sleep/hibernate: I am getting a BSOD often when my PC goes into sleep mode. It is not every time, and the error codes I'm getting are different. This started about a month ago and has generated CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION, KERNEL THREAD PRIORITY FLOOR VIOLATION, IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, PAGE...
  8. BSOD immediately after sleep/hibernate V2

BSOD immediately after sleep/hibernate V2: This is just a continuation of a previous thread which was marked as too old. See BSOD immediately after sleep/hibernate Had another BSOD immediately after returning from hibernate. I checked the disk again but saw no further errors so I can rule out the disk this time...
  9. BSOD immediately after waking from sleep

BSOD immediately after waking from sleep: Hi All. I'm getting a blue screen advising "ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY" a couple of seconds after my computer wakes from sleep mode. It's not sporadic as it happens every time. I've downloaded the log collector and attached the ZIP file to this post. First time...
  10. BSOD seems to happen after sleep / hibernate

BSOD seems to happen after sleep / hibernate: Hi and thanks for the help. I have an ASUS desktop which has had a couple of BSOD's over the last month, which i ignored (we have power problems on occasion) but 3 over the last 10 days and 2 today means its time to pay attention. On both occasions today i entered sleep...