Windows 10: BSOD instantly when running prime95,moving picture in microsoft word,

Discus and support BSOD instantly when running prime95,moving picture in microsoft word, in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am getting BSOD instantly when running prime95,moving picture in Microsoft word or sometimes when scrolling too fast in Microsoft power point. Ran... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by boudream, Jun 19, 2017.

1. boudream Win User

BSOD instantly when running prime95,moving picture in microsoft word,

I am getting BSOD instantly when running prime95,moving picture in Microsoft word or sometimes when scrolling too fast in Microsoft power point.

Ran mem test with no problems
    temps are all at normal range

I can't figure this one out, help please.

:)

boudream, Jun 19, 2017

2. Whea_Uncorrectable_error

It might be an issue with the CPU tried running Prime95 and everytime i try to run it with 4 or more threads it instantly blue screens

DanCartaginese, Jun 19, 2017
  3. BSOD on fresh new dell inspiron 5558 laptop

if its not related with hardware malfunction what other reason maybe related to?

I run prime95 for about 2 hours straight with hearthstone all passed (No BSOD so far)

I will try mem test afterwards

GeorgiosPsyllakis, Jun 19, 2017
  4. BSOD instantly when running prime95,moving picture in microsoft word,

Looks like that the CPU could be the cause. This is the summary of errors from your bluescreens:

Code: 0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_CACHE - Cache error - DCACHEL1_DRD_ERR (Proc 3 Bank 0) 0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_CACHE - Cache error - DCACHEL1_EVICT_ERR (Proc 3 Bank 0) 0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_CACHE - Cache error - DCACHEL1_DRD_ERR (Proc 3 Bank 0) 0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_CACHE - Cache error - DCACHEL1_DRD_ERR (Proc 5 Bank 0)[/quote]

BSOD instantly when running prime95,moving picture in microsoft word, [​IMG]
    0x124

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

A 0x124 is one of the worst STOP codes to encounter for the sole reason that the dump files usually give nothing away as to the cause of the problem. WHEA (Windows Hardware Error Architecture) errors signify a problem with hardware but very rarely pinpoint the culprit. In these scenarios it is advised to run a series of hardware stress and diagnostic tests to try and pinpoint the problem. A template is offered below which covers the four main components (GPU, CPU, RAM, HDD) and gives you a fighting chance of narrowing down the problematic device.

Generic "Stop 0x124" Troubleshooting Steps:

1) Ensure that none of the hardware components are overclocked. Overclocking means pushing the components beyond what they were designed for. If you do not know what that is you probably are not overclocking so go to the next step
    2) Ensure that the machine is adequately cooled. If this is a laptop use compressed air to carefully blow out the heat pipe and fan when the computer is turned off. If a desktop take the side cover off and blow a fan on the components
    3) If all else fails, start removing items of hardware one-by-one in the hope that the culprit is something non-essential which can be removed.

Diagnostic Test
    CPU TEST

Run Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums

Warning Your CPU temperatures will rise quickly while under this stress test. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.

BSODHunter, Jun 19, 2017
  5. boudream Win User
    Thank you for that advice. I have a funny feeling that it might be the CPU for the simple fact that my CPU cooler had failed 6 months ago and I did not notice until I had a few hard crashes. Replaced the the CPU cooler but my CPU may have reached extreme temps prior to me noticing.

I will buy a new CPU (upgrade) *Smile and let everyone know of the outcome.

boudream, Jun 19, 2017
  6. boudream Win User
    I wanted to upgrade CPU, unfortunately the one I had was the best for my socket. They didn't make it anymore and it was quite pricey. Downgraded to a 4 core, used like 50$ not a big difference in performance. Otherwise I would need to buy new MOBO for newer CPU's.

Nonetheless, the CPU was the culprit of my problems.

Thank you!

boudream, Jun 23, 2017
  7. Glad to hear that your problem is now fixed. Let us know if there are any other problems.

BSODHunter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD instantly when running prime95,moving picture in microsoft word,

1. BSOD instantly when running prime95,moving picture in microsoft word, - Similar Threads - BSOD instantly running

2. Having random BSOD's, cannot finish or even start a Prime95 without instant BSOD and am...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having random BSOD's, cannot finish or even start a Prime95 without instant BSOD and am...: Hey there folks,I typically run a system which comprises of -i7-13700k64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5Asrock Z790 Steel Legend WifiEVGA 1000W PSUEVGA 3080 tiWindows 10 Home 64 bitand a multitude of drives.Lately I've been having many different issues where my system has been...
  3. Having random BSOD's, cannot finish or even start a Prime95 without instant BSOD and am...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having random BSOD's, cannot finish or even start a Prime95 without instant BSOD and am...: Hey there folks,I typically run a system which comprises of -i7-13700k64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5Asrock Z790 Steel Legend WifiEVGA 1000W PSUEVGA 3080 tiWindows 10 Home 64 bitand a multitude of drives.Lately I've been having many different issues where my system has been...
  4. Having random BSOD's, cannot finish or even start a Prime95 without instant BSOD and am...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. DISM crashes instantly when I run as administrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DISM crashes instantly when I run as administrator: Windows forums told me to run SFC to fix this problem. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. I need a solution that isn't completely daft. How do I fix this instant crashing so I can fix registry errors? I'm trying to fix a keyboard lag problem. Its affecting everything. Also, I don't have...
  6. Pictures lost when moving (PC)?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pictures lost when moving (PC)?: Hey, since I want to reset my phone, because of the performance, I want to backup all pictures etc. of course. I have cut out 2 folders with pictures from my phone & inserted them on my hard disk. Now I only have the two folders, but there is nothing in them. & there is...
  7. Browsing Pictures causes instant reboots

Browsing Pictures causes instant reboots: I've been having this trouble since Windows 8.1 and it's continuing on Windows 10. I'm an avid gamer so I take a lotta screenshots of funny moments and glitches to share around. But my computer has been auto-rebooting whenever I start browsing through said screenshots and,...
  8. Running Microsoft word 2010 alongside Word 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    Running Microsoft word 2010 alongside Word 2016: Hi All, We have an application that is currently running Windows 7, 32 bit office install. The application needs upgrading to Windows 10, and will therefore have a 64 bit install of office2016. We have been told by the application vendor, that they have clients who are...
  9. moving pictures from word to fb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    moving pictures from word to fb: How can I move pictures I have on word to facebook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-pictures-from-word-to-fb/428dd241-b4e5-44dd-9f54-3642d7dcc89c
  10. Shutdowns and freezes when testing with prime95

Shutdowns and freezes when testing with prime95: I've had more issues than I can count with this PC. Most recently I had a month long issue which was eventually fixed by lowering the vCore on my CPU by 0.1. I wasn't overclocking but the automatic settings in the BIOS let it creep over 1.5v (fx-8350). I went from constant...