Windows 10: BSOD IRQL NOT EQUAL after windows update

Discus and support BSOD IRQL NOT EQUAL after windows update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After a windows update, the computer will crash shortly after Windows has started. Protected mode with network is starting without problems. Return to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by phoyer, Mar 20, 2018.

1. phoyer Win User

BSOD IRQL NOT EQUAL after windows update

After a windows update, the computer will crash shortly after Windows has started. Protected mode with network is starting without problems. Return to last recovery point fails. Any ideas?

THANK YOU!!!
    Peer

:)

phoyer, Mar 20, 2018
  2. PA Bear - MS MVP, Mar 20, 2018
  3. LarryLACa Win User
    Windows 10 (AU version 1607) Kernel Auto Boost Lock Acquisition with Raised IRQL Crash

Hi Lz -

I have also been using WUShowHide to control update installs,

since the BSOD IRQL problem showed up (after KB3194496).

I also saw Intel Management Engine Interface as eligible for update in WUShowHide.

My system had already been unstable for 2 days (numerous BSOD crashes) before I updated the Intel Mgmt Interface

from 9.5.24.1790 (old: orig from Win8, retained for Win10 upgrade, date: 11/27/13)

to curr 11.0.0.1157 date 7/7/15

I will try rolling back the Intel driver to 9.5.24.1790 and post back. But I'm skeptical.

after the KB3194496 install, with 9.5.24.1790, was when I first saw the BSOD IRQL crash

after restoring to before KB3194496 and running 9.5.24.1790, my system was stable until I allowed WUShowHide to update the Intel Watchdog Timer (WDT) and the BSOD IRQL crashes resumed. I've been
    unable to track down what WUShowHide updated when I allowed the WDT update. I can't find any refs to WDT in Device Manager.

Re: WUShowHide - I believe the list of eligible updates is somewhat misleading.

I believe what it shows is the list of all drivers (from external vendors) that my PC

(Dell Inspiron 17R)

that Window Update watches for. I tried updating several in the list and saw no change.

LarryLACa, Mar 20, 2018
  4. zbook New Member

1) Please update the specs in the "My Computer" section:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums Windows 10 Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

Include PSU. cooler, case, peripherals and anything attached to the computer by wired or wireless (mouse, keyboard, headset, printer, xbox, USB wireless network card, etc.)

The logs were in a foreign language and could not be scanned or read.
    2) Please change the default language to English and post a new zip for troubleshooting:
    Language - Add, Remove, and Change in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials
    3) Run the beta log collector and post a new zip into the thread: (extract > open)
    log collector v2-beta08.zip

4) If the computer has Ccleaner > click windows tab > scroll down to system and advanced > post an image into the thread

5) In the left lower corner search type: system or system control > open system control panel > on the left pane click advanced system settings
    a) > on the advanced tab under startup and recovery > click settings > post an image of the startup and recovery into the thread.
    b) > on the advanced tab under performance > click on settings > under performance options > click on the advanced tab > under virtual memory > click on change > post an image of the virtual memory tab into the thread

zbook, Mar 20, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD IRQL NOT EQUAL after windows update - Similar Threads - BSOD IRQL EQUAL

2. BSOD IRQL LESS OR NOT EQUAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD IRQL LESS OR NOT EQUAL: Hi. I am experiencing a constant BSOD when trying to play games on my PC. The BSOD would happen about 20 minutes of game time. If anyone can help me solve this that would be really great, thank you. Link to dump filesComputer Specs:i5-12400fRTX 40702x16GB of DDR5 RAMZ690i...
  3. BSOD IRQL LESS OR NOT EQUAL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD IRQL LESS OR NOT EQUAL: Hi. I am experiencing a constant BSOD when trying to play games on my PC. The BSOD would happen about 20 minutes of game time. If anyone can help me solve this that would be really great, thank you. Link to dump filesComputer Specs:i5-12400fRTX 40702x16GB of DDR5 RAMZ690i...
  4. BSOD IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

BSOD IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL: WIN10 - 1-2IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL WIN10WIN11 - COD2windowsWIN11https://www.asus.com.cn/motherboards-components/motherboards/prime/prime-z690-p-d4/helpdesk_download/?model2Name=PRIME-Z690-P-D4DRV_Audio_RTK_SZ_RTK_W11_64_V6093501_20220620R...
  5. irql not less or equal bsod

in Windows 10 Gaming
    irql not less or equal bsod: My computer is experiencing random bsod with irql not less or equal bsod. Its a clean reinstall of windows 10 and i suspect it might be problem with my ram. Can anyone help or advise on what i should do next?...
  6. BSOD Irql not less or equal

BSOD Irql not less or equal: Hi, I tried installing windows 11 but it started giving me BSOD during installation. It never recovered despite returning all BIOS settings back to legacy and a clean installation of windows 10, and every scan known to man saying there's no problems.It's completely random, it...
  7. Irql not less or equal BSOD

Irql not less or equal BSOD: Hey there, Ive tried my best to fix this issue and have gotten it to work better compared to when it started Via numerous reinstalls of windows Ive been getting multiple bsods at seemingly random times although most of them have been "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" I decided to use...
  8. “IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL” BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL” BSOD: Hello! I've been getting this error lately and one of the helpers said "compress minidump file and share the link from OneDrive here so I can locate the problem" so here goes : https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApzNBYoqbO8jhDu8HZpW-9Nqa-k6?e=aGp0t9...
  9. BSOD IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL: I am getting this error following buying a new hard drive, previously I had no issues like this.It happens during playing any video game, I have tried a few. Any ideas?...
  10. BSOD IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL: Just got a bsod with IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL code any idea which hardware part could be broken? Minidump file here https://www.dropbox.com/s/0twl631ar2bjmcd/082620-5390-01.dmp?dl=0 So far I tried the following: - updating bios to v37 from v35 with cmos clear - BIOS...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. irql not less or equal windows update