Windows 10: Bsod:- irql_not_less_or_equal

Discus and support Bsod:- irql_not_less_or_equal in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; BSOD occurs at shutdown:- IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\clfs.sys 19327 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hairy Scot, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Bsod:- irql_not_less_or_equal

BSOD occurs at shutdown:-
    IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\clfs.sys

:)

Hairy Scot, Aug 25, 2015

2. DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER Windows 10

The other BSODs i get are

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (win32kfull.sys)

And

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Abdulaziz10, Aug 25, 2015
  3. BSOD - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Hi,

I have been experiencing BSODs in the last 4 days.

The last BSOD showed me "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and I don't know what happened.

(I forgot what the previous BSODs error, I believe it was not "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL").

Here is the link for my last 3 minidumps file and MSinfo32.

Minidump_and_MSinfo32.zip

Please, I need your help.

Thanks.

Kenny Rizky, Aug 25, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Bsod:- irql_not_less_or_equal

Hi Hariy Scot,

Welcome to the 10forums.

If I had to guess, the bluescreen would be caused by an inproperly closed program.
    But, I cannot find anything in the stack regarding 3rd party programs.
    This does not mean that there aren't any 3rd party programs involved, but we need to be sure with the 3rd party programs.

Bsod:- irql_not_less_or_equal [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please read and run driver verifier.

Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

5. Bsod:- irql_not_less_or_equal [​IMG]
    Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please read and run driver verifier.

Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash. Ran with Driver Verifier until BSOD occurred.
    Debug files attached

Hairy Scot, Sep 16, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    When was the BSOD?
    The most recent is from 3rd this month.

7. I have just had another.

Hairy Scot, Sep 30, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble.

Due to some activity that might lead to the hard drive, please test your hard drive(s)

Diagnostics Test
    HDD TEST

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums

Note Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

If the results are good, please run SFC
    Please do the following:

• Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow does NOT say "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation", please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

Please fill in your system specsPlease go to this site and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

9. Bsod:- irql_not_less_or_equal [​IMG]
    Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums

Note Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

If the results are good, please run SFC
    Please do the following:

• Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow does NOT say "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation", please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

Please fill in your system specsPlease go to this site and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.

Done.

All checks complete with no errors.

Hairy Scot, Oct 2, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    *Thumbs

Let me know if another BSOD occurs > please use the tool again and upload the zip file.

11. Some more info in attached file.

Hairy Scot, Oct 2, 2015
  12. axe0 New Member
    clfs.sys is a windows driver as described, this should have been solved with SFC if it indeed was the cause.
    Windows drivers are rarely the real cause, but a lot blamed because they are the last active.
    If it appears that a windows driver is causing problems and clean install, sfc and dism cannot solve it then the only other solution is windows update if the hardware is not defective.

Seeing the crashes are only IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, the usual causes are

• Kernel mode driver,
    • System Service,
    • BIOS,
    • Windows,
    • Virus scanner,
    • Backup tool,
    • compatibility
    Everything related to Windows drivers can be ruled out.

Thema:

1. Bsod:- irql_not_less_or_equal - Similar Threads - Bsod irql_not_less_or_equal

2. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD: Hello, I occasionally get the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD. It says: What failed: ntoskrnl.exeI've tried updating my drivers and Windows 11, but it hasn't resolved the issue.Here's the minidump file:...
  3. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD: Hello, I occasionally get the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD. It says: What failed: ntoskrnl.exeI've tried updating my drivers and Windows 11, but it hasn't resolved the issue.Here's the minidump file:...
  4. Help fix BSOD w/ IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL a

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help fix BSOD w/ IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL a: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.27553.1004 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\040824-10390-01.dmp]Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are availableSymbol search path is: srv*Executable...
  5. Help fix BSOD w/ IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL a

Help fix BSOD w/ IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL a: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.27553.1004 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\040824-10390-01.dmp]Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are availableSymbol search path is: srv*Executable...
  6. BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, 0x0000000a, ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, 0x0000000a, ntoskrnl.exe: HelloMy laptop got a bluescreen most time with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL message. It occured randomly when I was doing some tasks on my computer like browsing the internet or using photoshop.I checked with Bluescreen viewer to analyze what is going on, I recognized ntoskrnl.exe...
  7. BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, 0x0000000a, ntoskrnl.exe

BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, 0x0000000a, ntoskrnl.exe: HelloMy laptop got a bluescreen most time with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL message. It occured randomly when I was doing some tasks on my computer like browsing the internet or using photoshop.I checked with Bluescreen viewer to analyze what is going on, I recognized ntoskrnl.exe...
  8. BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, 0x0000000a, ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, 0x0000000a, ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, 0x0000000a, ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging