Windows 10: BSOD Kernel Error

Discus and support BSOD Kernel Error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was having issues crashing with Windows 7, and they continue on Windows 10. Link to Win 7 troubleshooting: Random BSOD, no minidump - Windows 7 Help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by derek704, Aug 3, 2015.

1. derek704 Win User

BSOD Kernel Error

I was having issues crashing with Windows 7, and they continue on Windows 10.
    Link to Win 7 troubleshooting: Random BSOD, no minidump - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Maybe with a minidump now, we can figure it out!
    Attachment 28299

:)

derek704, Aug 3, 2015

2. I am having this error problem

BSOD "Kernel auto boost lock acquisition with raised irql"

I have this error.

ps3repair1980, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Trybird Win User
    How can I hide or remove 'CD Drive' in this PC

Maybe it is caused by your bluetooth device or your wireless adapter, you could refer to this article to fix it:

How to fix BSOD Caused by “Kernel Auto Boost Lock Acquisition With Raised IRQL” in Windows 10

Trybird, Aug 3, 2015
  4. derek704 Win User

BSOD Kernel Error

Newest log
    Attachment 30420

derek704, Aug 10, 2015
  5. derek704 Win User
    Attachment 32372
    I need this for school next week, so any help would be greatly appreciated! Here is the newest log, with a different error.

It may be similar to this thread, but I do not know for sure.
    Solved Crashes inherited from W7 - Windows 10 Forums

derek704, Aug 18, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Hi derek704,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Unfortunately, there are multiple causes for the crashes.
    First the driversThere are 2 driver blamed, 1 is Realtek RT640 NT Driver, updating could solve it if there are windows 10 compatible drivers available. Code: 0: kd> lmvm rt640x64 start end module name fffff800`0cc40000 fffff800`0cd19000 rt640x64 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: rt640x64.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\rt640x64.sys Image name: rt640x64.sys Timestamp: Tue May 05 18:21:03 2015 (5548EDEF) CheckSum: 000E9B0E ImageSize: 000D9000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] The 2nd driver is from Nvidia, try to disable the Nvidia Streaming Kernel Service in msconfig.
    To disable this service: press windows logo + r, type msconfig > enter, go to the tab services and search for the Nvidia Streaming Kernel Service, when you've find it uncheck it and reboot if asked.
    Second, the memoryDownload and run RAM tutorial with Memtest86+
    Run MemTest86+ for at least 8 passes. Ideally set it off before you go to bed and leave it overnight, we're looking for zero errors here. A single error will show something's going bad with your RAM.
    Third, driver verifierPlease read and run driver verifier.
    Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.

Some windows drivers are blamed in a few crashes, but that usually means that a 3rd party driver is actually the cause.
    In order to get the driver, we need to stress it out, done via driver verifier. If driver verifier finds a violation the pc will crash.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

7. derek704 Win User
    Thanks for the help!

I've followed the procedure best I could. First I tried updating the RT640 NT Driver, but the only reference to the driver I found was located here. I followed the directions posted there, hopefully not a mistake. *Rolleyes

Next I disabled the Nvidia Streaming Kernel Service in msconfig, per your instructions.

After that, I ran MemTest86+ for 24 hours with no errors, however I was not sure if I should run it with SMP enabled.
    Attachment 34678

Lastly, I ran driver verifier for 36 hours, with no crashes to speak of. I restarted the PC, and it ran fine for a few hours until it crashed again. I've noticed that it almost always updates Windows on the crash reboot, so I disabled automatic updates. Hopefully that does the trick, but I have a sneaky feeling that it won't. Any more advice?

Attachment 34681

derek704, Aug 29, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

BSOD Kernel Error

Please uninstall all the utilities from Gigabyte, those are known to cause problems.

9. derek704 Win User
    Sorry but I am not finding any gigabyte utilites or programs on my computer. Any idea where they might be?

derek704, Aug 29, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    Not on your pc then *Smile
    Please try MemTest86+ with SMP enabled

11. axe0 New Member
    Excellent, have you experienced any new BSOD?
    If so, please use the tool again and upload the zip file.

12. axe0 New Member
    The error code is a kernel security check failure, caused by netio.sys with parameter 3.

• parameter 3 just indicates that it may be hard to solve this problem (Parameter 3 means that a list_entry is corrupted, but that is hard to track down)
    • The netio.sys is the network in/output system
    • The kernel security check failure likely indicates trouble with malware or that the antivirus program is making actions that are indicated by the system as wrong.

What I'm right now thinking is that this bluescreen may be caused by your AV program Bitdefender.
    Please uninstall Bitdefender using the appropriate tool that can be found here.
    Scan your system with Windows Defender after Bitdefender has been removed.

13. derek704 Win User

BSOD Kernel Error

BitDefender uninstalled, restarted, and virus scan run.
    Attachment 35193

derek704, Aug 31, 2015
  14. axe0 New Member
    Good, if you get any new bluescreen, please use the tool again and upload the zip file *Smile

15. this is similar to mine - same drivers. I also cannot find the updated Realtek RT640NT drivers...

tehsaccade, Sep 2, 2015
Thema:

BSOD Kernel Error

1. BSOD Kernel Error - Similar Threads - BSOD Kernel Error

2. Getting kernel errors and BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting kernel errors and BSODs: Over a year and a half ago I bought a brand new computer from XIDAX and I loved the service and all and got the below specs:INTEL CORE i9 12900KS 16C/24T 5.5GHz IN STOCK! ASUS Z690 MAXIMUS HERO DDR5 XIDAX APPROVED 80PLUS GOLD POWER SUPPLY's XIDAX EXTREME DDR5 6000MHz 16GB...
  3. Getting kernel errors and BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting kernel errors and BSODs: Over a year and a half ago I bought a brand new computer from XIDAX and I loved the service and all and got the below specs:INTEL CORE i9 12900KS 16C/24T 5.5GHz IN STOCK! ASUS Z690 MAXIMUS HERO DDR5 XIDAX APPROVED 80PLUS GOLD POWER SUPPLY's XIDAX EXTREME DDR5 6000MHz 16GB...
  4. BSOD with kernel secure error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with kernel secure error: dump file is here: 051823-23578-01.dmpDoes this mean it's the apple music crashing my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-with-kernel-secure-error/91edd014-fc0f-418f-9512-0cdb17907f1f
  5. BSOD with kernel secure error

BSOD with kernel secure error: dump file is here: 051823-23578-01.dmpDoes this mean it's the apple music crashing my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-with-kernel-secure-error/91edd014-fc0f-418f-9512-0cdb17907f1f
  6. BSOD kernel error 41

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD kernel error 41: I have been having BSODs every now and then and this is the XML view of the most recent error code details. I don't know what started the problem.- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power"...
  7. BSOD kernel error 41

BSOD kernel error 41: I have been having BSODs every now and then and this is the XML view of the most recent error code details. I don't know what started the problem.- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power"...
  8. BSOD, Kernel Mode error

BSOD, Kernel Mode error: My PC updated at night to KB4537572 and got an error Kernel_Mode_Heap_Corruption error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-kernel-mode-error/b8d92250-8a7b-4828-a90d-707af7731821
  9. kernel error bsod

kernel error bsod: today i've gotten 2 bsods, one after another. the last time it happened i had to reinstall the whole windows os, losing everything, after doing some researches i chose to try whocrashed and it redirected me on this forum, i've used the tool as the tutorial said and i'm...
  10. Kernel check error BSOD

Kernel check error BSOD: Attachment 59177 Really struggling here....hopefully that is the zipped file you need? Happening intermittantly...can go days without it...then 2 or three times in fairly quick succession......then nothing for days... if anyone an point me in the right direction that...