Windows 10: BSOD kmode_exception_not_handled (classpnp.sys)

Discus and support BSOD kmode_exception_not_handled (classpnp.sys) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Well, guess you still found some issues regarding rule #4. Since I honestly got no idea what else you might be referring to, I just give up at this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Guts, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Guts Win User

BSOD kmode_exception_not_handled (classpnp.sys)

Well, guess you still found some issues regarding rule #4. Since I honestly got no idea what else you might be referring to, I just give up at this point. You can close the thread (if that's what you do here with ended threads?).

For the record, no more bluescreen since updating the Intel driver and removing Kaspersky.

2. Gaspedal Win User

Exactly same here! Since update to Firefox 57.0.x I get bluescreens after closing Firefox Windows, closing Tabs or watching youtube videos:
    kmode_exception_not_handled (classpnp.sys)
    I'm going back to Firefox 56.0.2 and it works fine without blue screen. I have reported this bug on bugzilla with my dump file.

------
    Windows 10 x64 Pro Fall Creators Update, i7 2600k, 16GB Ram DDR3, GTX 1080

Gaspedal, Dec 4, 2017
  3. JoergH Win User
    Same here after updating from Firefox 57.0.0 to 57.0.1

kmode_exception_not_handled (classpnp.sys) every 5-10 minutes...*Smile

I am using Kaspersky Internet Security 18 (18.0.0.405(d))

JoergH, Dec 4, 2017
  4. mark7 Win User

I've been having the same issue since a few days ago. I am also a Kaspersky and Firefox 57 user. I just had this BSOD 15 minutes ago. It happened as soon as I pressed the X button to close Firefox. Maybe it has something to do with the Kaspersky Protection add-on. Firefox 57 changed the way extensions work, maybe there is some kind of incompatibility there. Will try disabling that extension, if it is possible and see what happens.

mark7, Dec 4, 2017
  5. JoergH Win User
    Can you pls keep us informed if disabling the addon solved the Problem?

I all so tried to disable it, but it enables himself every time i start FF...

JoergH, Dec 4, 2017
  6. mark7 Win User
    Yes, I will report back whether it solves the problem. As for the auto-enabling of the add-on, go to Kaspersky settings -> Protection tab -> Web Anti-Virus -> Advanced Settings -> Uncheck "Automatically activate Kaspersky Protection extension in browsers"

mark7, Dec 4, 2017
  7. NkRQkYLz Win User
    I got it again....
    And I just did that a few minutes earlier and can confirm that it was unchecked when I relaunched it.
    It happened when I was trying to close the browser using the big X.

As a workaround, I think we should use an alternate browser until Firefox and/or Kaspersky resolves this issue.

NkRQkYLz, Dec 4, 2017
  8. zbook New Member

zbook, Dec 4, 2017
  9. JoergH Win User
  10. Levanchik Win User
    NkRQkYLz Thank you for reply , I have removed Kaspersky Antivirus and install DR.WEB instead hope it private blue screens in the future.

Levanchik, Dec 4, 2017
  11. Gaspedal Win User
    just download and install Firefox 56.0.2 This is the latest version that works fine without causing a blue screen. You must only disable updates.
    I will wait for a new firefox update until this issue is solved.

Gaspedal, Dec 4, 2017
  12. JoergH Win User
    In the official Kaspersky-Forum (german), the MOD tells us, that Kaspersky knows about the Bug and solve it in Version (e)...
    But when this comes, nobody knows...*Smile

I will use Edge with UBlock-Origin until the Problem is fixed...

JoergH, Dec 4, 2017
  13. zbook New Member

zbook, Dec 4, 2017
  14. Gaspedal Win User
    just tested, doesn't work for me. still blue screen after few minutes using Firefox 57. I think the bug is in Firefox 57. Do not recognize a connection to Kaspersky

Gaspedal, Dec 4, 2017
  15. Spectrum Win User
    Just remove Kaspersky AV temporarily and see if the blue screens cease.

Spectrum, Dec 5, 2017
Thema:

1. BSOD kmode_exception_not_handled (classpnp.sys) - Similar Threads - BSOD kmode_exception_not_handled classpnp

2. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe & Wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe & Wdf01000.sys: This is from a Windows 7 x64 computer. Here is the minidump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnfbyCD08-hshFE2-MCxFx-on8Tn?e=a4B5q0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kmodeexceptionnothandled-ntoskrnlexe-wdf01000sys/de7e5419-9e26-4c34-a906-faba0082260d
  3. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe & Wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe & Wdf01000.sys: This is from a Windows 7 x64 computer. Here is the minidump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnfbyCD08-hshFE2-MCxFx-on8Tn?e=a4B5q0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kmodeexceptionnothandled-ntoskrnlexe-wdf01000sys/de7e5419-9e26-4c34-a906-faba0082260d
  4. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Hello everyone, i just switched to AMD and fresh installed windows on my PC but since then my PC keeps crashing whenever I try to stream with the errors like KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED or SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED I haven't overclocked anything. Running everything...
  5. BSOD - kmode_exception_not_handled

BSOD - kmode_exception_not_handled: I am experiencing repeated BSOD errors with the stop code: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and it says that dxgmms2.sys is what failed. I have attached a zip file from the log collector via instruction on this forum. DESKTOP-08U62TS-(2020-06-03_10-48-12).zip I hope I uploaded...
  6. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Ah yes, the blue screen of death. The last time I saw this beast was when i accidentally updated my BIOS. Very nasty. I don't know when it started. Basically, around 7 minutes after the computer turns on and I login in, regardless of what i'm doing, the blue screen pops. Not...
  7. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED-> e1r68x64.sys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED-> e1r68x64.sys: Hi, every now and then my PC suddenly freezes video and audio output and then proceeds to the Blueescreen Window the Code: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and reason: e1r68x64.sys. After some research i found out that it has something to do with the intel network adapter. I...
  8. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED igdkmd64.sys ERROR MESSAGE

BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED igdkmd64.sys ERROR MESSAGE: I've been experiencing random crashes on my computer over the last couple of weeks, I believe it has something to do with my graphics card drivers (igdkmd64.sys) but the update/rollback attempts didn't help nor did completely uninstalling and reinstalling the newest drivers....
  9. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (wdf01000.sys)

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (wdf01000.sys): Got a blue screen while using discord, here's the attachment 102937
  10. BSOD kmode_exception_not_handled

BSOD kmode_exception_not_handled: Today I was playing left 4 dead 2 and suddenly got a BSOD with the following message: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I immediately used dm_log_collector hoping it would help resolve the issue. I had a previous BSOD long time ago but it was different and never had it again and...