Windows 10: BSOD - machine check exception while gaming

Discus and support BSOD - machine check exception while gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, I'm currently getting alot of BSODs whilst gaming only. I've updated my drivers that I know of and tested my ram with memtest but still I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by abbott1234, Aug 26, 2017.

1. BSOD - machine check exception while gaming

Hi there,

I'm currently getting alot of BSODs whilst gaming only. I've updated my drivers that I know of and tested my ram with memtest but still I will constantly get BSOD while playing games such as cities skylines or PUBG.I bought a new EVGA G2 PSU so that should be fine. I have also never overclocked which I saw could be a issue. I've also done a clean install of windows 10 and just installed steam and a few games to make it BSOD for the dump.

Specs
    i5 - 4690k
    MSI Nvidia970
    Corsair vengeance 16gb

Hopefully you guys can save me.

Thanks alot.

Attachment 150622

Edit - Crashed 3 times while trying to play League so thought i'd add that in too. More info the better I guess!

Attachment 150623

:)

abbott1234, Aug 26, 2017

2. BSOD Machine Check Exception

Hi Melvin,

Thank you for letting us know that you are no longer facing the issue. We appreciate your effort.

If you have any Windows related queries in the future, let us know, We will be glad to help.

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Wungraileng Vashi, Aug 26, 2017
  3. BSOD Machine Check Exception

Hey everyone,

This BSOD has become a daily thing now and it always happens while I am playing a particular game (Skyforge). The crash is fairly random from as quick as 5 minutes to as long as couple of hours while playing the game. I noticed that 'Windowed Mode' of the
    game helps delay the BSOD but it is still disappointing as this is a relatively new system and to have BSODs at the start is just :/ I run a MSI GE62 2QD Apache Pro and have not altered anything since I purchased it ~6 months ago (aside from clearing bloatwares).
    It was pre-installed with Windows 8.1 and I have tried the following in sequence:

1. Updating drivers via Windows Update and via MSI Support page

2. Updating to the latest Nvidia Graphic Driver

-The following changed the BSOD from Machine Check Exception to Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Than_Or_Equal bwcW8x64.sys which relates to a variety of .sys files including but not limited to (acpiex.sys, rdyboost.sys, bwcW8x64.sys, etc.)

3. Uninstalled the latest Nvidia Graphic Driver and allowed Windows to automatically reinstall Nvidia Graphics Driver

-Back to Machine Check Exception

4. Cleaned all my fans, reseated RAM, fans are working

5. Monitored my temps, usually in the range of 40-60 (can reach 70~80 sometimes but this only lasts couple of seconds?)

6. Stressed test with Prime95 for 6 hours, no errors

7. Reinstalled Skyforge

8. Ran Driver Verifier

-Windows BSOD constantly, driver localised to hal.dll +37745 and ntoskrnl.exe (sadly I have lost the driver file because of 9)

9. Upgrade AND clean install to Windows 10

-BSOD again Machine Check Exception within minutes of game (hal.dll +364b1)

10. Please help BSOD - machine check exception while gaming :(

BlueScreenView dump file:

032816-47828-01.dmp

MSInfo:

TEST.TXT

I hope I have not missed out anything so that the team can help me with this issue. If there's anything else you need just let me know. You will have my eternal gratitude x

Melvin Lim_114, Aug 26, 2017
  4. BSOD - machine check exception while gaming

Hi,

thanks for using a genuine Windows 10 now:
    Constant BSOD Whilst gaming - Windows 10 Forums

So, now what do we have here:
    All dumps have crash code 0x9C and point to Intel Processor driver.

Code: Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz[/quote]
    There is only so much you can do with a bugcheck like this until it comes down to a faulty processor that will need to be replaced. Start from 1 and work downward:

1. Ensure your temperatures are within standard and nothing's overheating. You can use a program such as Speccy if you'd like to monitor temps - Download Speccy | Find your computer specs, free!

2. Clear your CMOS (or load optimized BIOS defaults) to ensure there's no improper BIOS setting -http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixthe.../clearcmos.htm

3. Ensure your BIOS is up to date.

4. The only software conflict that can usually cause *9C or *124 bugchecks are OS to BIOS utilities from manufacturer's like Asus' AI Suite, AI Charger software, etc. If you have something like this software-wise, remove it ASAP (which I see you do have Asus software installed).

5. If all of the above fail, the only left to do is replace your processor as it is faulty.

This is one of the dumps:

Code: 0x0000009C: [SPECIAL] MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (27.08.2017 11:03:48) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: intelppm.sys ***** Invalid * Intel Processor driver * => Drivers & Software also at PROCESS: System Usual causes: Hardware error (similar to STOP 0x124)[/quote]
    There could be a problem with the INTEL processor itself or one of the Intel drivers in the system.

1) Rest BIOS settings
    2) Test CPU with Prime
    3) Test CPU with Intel tool

BSOD - machine check exception while gaming [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    CPU TEST

Run Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums

For Intel CPUs you can additionally use the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool

Warning Your CPU temperatures will rise quickly while under this stress test. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.

Note Monitor CPU temperatures with Speccy or HWiNFO64

Speccy
    Speccy gives you detailed information on every piece of hardware in your computer.

HWiNFO64
    Hardware Info (HWiNFO) is a powerful system information utility designed especially for detection of hardware.

Take Screenshots of it and post it here.

BSODHunter, Aug 27, 2017
Thema:

BSOD - machine check exception while gaming

1. BSOD - machine check exception while gaming - Similar Threads - BSOD machine check

2. BSOD Machine check exception error happening while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Machine check exception error happening while gaming: I started playing world of warcraft again about a week ago and since then I have been occasionally getting BSOD machine check exception errors, but only while playing wow. Since the problem started, a couple days after i started playing wow again, I will have no issues for a...
  3. MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION Freeze and BSOD

MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION Freeze and BSOD: I am experiencing system freeze ups that result in the BSOD with the age old "Your computer has ran into a problem. Gathering information and We'll restart it for you 0% gathered. - For more information research Machine_Check_Exception" I have let the computer hang on that...
  4. BSOD while playing Monster Train. Machine Check Exception

BSOD while playing Monster Train. Machine Check Exception: Hi, I bought a new high-end gaming PC roughly eight months ago. Most games run amazing, but every now and then I'll run into a game that causes BSOD errors. For instance, when trying to run Monster Train, my computer will freeze/crash with a BSOD "Machine Check Exception"...
  5. Help - Machine Check Exception BSOD

Help - Machine Check Exception BSOD: I am hoping the community may be able to help. I have a brand new HP Pavilion PC purchased from Currys PC World in the UK. I have had the laptop less than a week and am experiencing repeated BSOD with the error MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION. I have been in contact with Microsoft...
  6. Random Machine Check Exception BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Machine Check Exception BSOD: When I booted up my PC for the first time (after installing Windows 10) I downloaded the software I had on my old PC, as well as FireFox. Everything was fine until I got my first crash. My PC randomly froze and after around 10-15 seconds I was given a Machine Check Exception...
  7. BSOD Machine Check Exception hal.dll

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD Machine Check Exception hal.dll: Hello, I've been getting this type of BSOD after the last Windows November Update It Happens randomly but at least once a day I've attached my EventViewer info about the crash I could provide more info if is needed ***UPDATE***...
  8. BSOD Machine check exception while using Medibang

BSOD Machine check exception while using Medibang: Hello, I would appreciate any help on my current issue. For the passed month my PC has been crashing while I am using my drawing software Medibang. I am unsure if it is related to the software, but just in case I have been monitoring my temperatures with HWMonitor and they...
  9. BSOD Machine check exception while using Medibang

in Windows 10 Support
    BSOD Machine check exception while using Medibang: Hello, I would appreciate any help on my current issue. For the passed month my PC has been crashing while I am using my drawing software Medibang. I am unsure if it is related to the software, but just in case I have been monitoring my temperatures with HWMonitor and they...
  10. BSOD Machine check exceptions.

BSOD Machine check exceptions.: My computer freezes randomly, often. In the beginning it was the blue screen that said that it needed to restart and then froze, with the text MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTIONS. And sometimes it's just freezing and i have to hold the powerbutton to power it off. Where do i start? I...