Windows 10: BSOD MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION - Browsing, Gaming

Discus and support BSOD MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION - Browsing, Gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I'm at my wits end with this system, hope I can get some help or directions on what's causing this! Just reformatted my computer and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by willaz, Mar 13, 2018.

1. willaz Win User

BSOD MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION - Browsing, Gaming

Hello,

I'm at my wits end with this system, hope I can get some help or directions on what's causing this!

Just reformatted my computer and replaced the old SSD (which had the OS) drive to eliminate OS or old SSD error but I'm still getting these error codes which popped up only a few weeks ago.

From my week-long observation it has occurred:

1. during gaming (many times, specifically HOI4)
    2. during web-browsing (ironically looking at info pertaining to these crashes)

• Ran the minidump through BlueScreenView which reports that hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe were crashing, but apparently that doesn't reveal the underlying cause.
    • Yesterday I loaded the default states on my mobo as many articles pointed to overheating CPU or misconfigured BIOS, yet still crashed (#2).
    • Ran Intel's processor tester IPTD and all passed.
    • PSU is a Seasonic X650W 80+Gold just shy of a year old
    • Memtest ran yesterday, reported no errors.

Was thinking of running a suite of stress-tests to see if I can replicate or induce a crash but the web-browsing crash (attached log as it happened) is baffling.

Would appreciate and help or guidance, thanks guys!

Best regards,

Will

:)

willaz, Mar 13, 2018
  2. Edwin94 Win User

Blue Screen (Machine_Check_Exception) issues

Hi, I have a issue with my Windows 10, I was playing online games, and suddenly my pc crash with blue screen and it says machine_check_exception.

Any solutions to prevent blue screen MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION to occur again?

Edwin94, Mar 13, 2018
  3. J.DD Win User
    Machine_check_exception BSOD

Download then run the
    AVG
    and
    Kaspersky
    removal tool if both were installed. And if both have been uninstalled.

If you havent yet

4. BSOD MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION - Browsing, Gaming

Hi,

The BSOD dump file indicate bugcheck 0x0000009C.

There is only so much you can do with a bugcheck like this until it comes down to a faulty processor that will need to be replaced. Start from 1 and work downward:

1. Ensure your temperatures are within standard and nothing's overheating. You can use a program such as Speccy if you'd like to monitor temps - Download Speccy | Find your computer specs, free!

2. Clear your CMOS (or load optimized BIOS defaults) to ensure there's no improper BIOS setting -http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixthe.../clearcmos.htm

3. Ensure your BIOS is up to date.

4. The only software conflict that can usually cause *9C or *124 bugchecks are OS to BIOS utilities from manufacturer's like Asus' AI Suite, AI Charger software, etc. If you have something like this software-wise, remove it ASAP (which I see you do have Asus software installed).

5. If all of the above fail, the only left to do is replace your processor as it is faulty.

BSODHunter, Mar 13, 2018
  5. After analysing the .dmp the culprit could be the processor itself or an temperature problem:

Code: 0x0000009C: [SPECIAL] MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (2018-03-14 01:11:48) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: GenuineIntel_STACKPTR_ERROR_intelppmMWaitIdle * Intel Processor driver * => Drivers & Software also at PROCESS: System Usual causes: Hardware error (similar to STOP 0x124)[/quote]

BSOD MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION - Browsing, Gaming [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    CPU TEST

Run Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums

For Intel CPUs you can additionally use the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool

Warning Your CPU temperatures will rise quickly while under this stress test. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.

Note Monitor CPU temperatures with Speccy or HWiNFO64

Speccy
    Speccy gives you detailed information on every piece of hardware in your computer.

HWiNFO64
    Hardware Info (HWiNFO) is a powerful system information utility designed especially for detection of hardware.

Take Screenshots of it and post it here.

BSODHunter, Mar 13, 2018
  6. willaz Win User
    Hi guys thanks for the help - I turned off turboboost in the bios (apparently it's on after resetting to defaults) and did nothing else and hasn't crashed since. Will observe until it crashes again and do some more research into this as i've had no problems with it in other setups.

Thanks again!

willaz, Mar 17, 2018
  7. Alright, let us know if you have problems again.

BSODHunter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION - Browsing, Gaming

1. BSOD MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION - Browsing, Gaming - Similar Threads - BSOD MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION Browsing

2. Machine_check_exception BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Machine_check_exception BSOD: Hi guys, So I recently just reinstalled Windows 10 because of driver issues but now I'm getting Machine_check_exception BSOD. I googled for solutions and read the minidumps via bluescreenview and apparently it's caused by hal.dll+49b91. Can anyone help with this error? I...
  3. Machine_check_Exception BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Machine_check_Exception BSOD: Hi, I've been having crashes for almost a year now and I haven't been able to figure out why so yesterday I decided to delete all my files and reinstall Windows 10 and I still got a MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION BSOD crash. Also, the crashes only happens when I'm playing a game...
  4. MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION BSOD While Gaming

MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION BSOD While Gaming: Hi, Ever since I built my new gaming pc I've been getting MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION bsods when playing intensive games. My GPU is not overclocked and the CPU only maxes at 60 C under full load. I used bluescreenview to see the details of the BSOD: Bug Check String:...
  5. BSOD Machine_Check_Exception 0x9C

BSOD Machine_Check_Exception 0x9C: Hi there So it's the third time I post about this since other topics have been abandonned whitout answer nor resolution. Basicly, since I build this computer, I keep encountering a BSOD with the 0x9C code. Always the same parameters. Both happens randomly Also but I...
  6. BSOD : Machine_Check_Exception

BSOD : Machine_Check_Exception: Randomly I have a BSOD Machine_Check_Exception (code 0x9C) On Mon 16-Sep-19 4:58:49 PM GMT your computer crashed On Mon 16-Sep-19 3:54:42 PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\091619-9968-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following...
  7. bsod machine_check_exception

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bsod machine_check_exception: hi there, i have been having an issue for some time where i will occasionally be blue screened while in chrome, most often while watching a video in full screen, but not always. the error i am always given is the Machine Check exception, and when i look a the bluescreen...
  8. BSOD MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION during every game

BSOD MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION during every game: Hello everyone. So I´ve had this PC for a year now, recently I´ve been getting Blue screens with this "Machine check exception code" it happened once then nothing for a while. Then it happened again, more and more often and as of today I cant play video games anymore cause it...
  9. Machine_Check_Exception BSOD

Machine_Check_Exception BSOD: For the past few days, playing Fallout 4 seems to invariably end in a BSOD usually with a MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error, but a few times the screen has simply frozen during play, sound crashed loudly, and the machine has not responded to any keyboard or mouse input. Graphics...
  10. Bsod - machine_check_exception

Bsod - machine_check_exception: Hello Ladies & Gents! I'm a SevenForums member, DreadStar/DreadStarX! It's been a long time since I've been on here, and found that SF/EF/TF is one of the best resources for OS Problems. So, here's the problem. When I boot up VMWare Workstation, and attempt to...