Windows 10: bsod memory fault?

Discus and support bsod memory fault? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a brand new laptop asus n752vx: 2 weeks old. I have used treesize a number of times*Redfacence when i started to scan the c: drive the laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by louis14, Jan 21, 2017.

1. louis14 Win User

bsod memory fault?

I have a brand new laptop asus n752vx: 2 weeks old.
    I have used treesize a number of times*Redfacence when i started to scan the c: drive the laptop freezes for 3 seconds and then there was a bsod.I didn't regard to the message on the bsod screen but the windbg tool says me it's
    "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION"
    the windbg tool also says there is a problem with the win32k.sys file.I've read on the internet in most cases win32k.sys is not the cause.
    windbg says also there is "memory corruption" but the default_bucket_id is "code corruption" so I doubt it's a hardware or software problem.
    I've already runned the microsoft memory diagnostic tool mdsched completely (during more then 10 hours) and the result was "no problems found".

:)

louis14, Jan 21, 2017

2. ntoskrnl.exe+1640e0 BSOD error

So far, with one memory chip no BSOD. But, getting a BSOD would be random and infrequent.

I've went through that article in the past and still have gotten BSOD.

Kevin.Wieser, Jan 21, 2017
  3. Alan B Win User
    Continuously receiving different Blue Screen of Death

Frequent and different BSODs is something frequently caused by faulty RAM memory.

Alan B, Jan 21, 2017
  4. louis14 Win User

bsod memory fault?

I forgotten to add the zip file

louis14, Jan 21, 2017
  5. louis14 Win User
    Can anyone tell me whether my bsod is a hardware error or software error please?
    I need to know it because I'm going to replace my ssd by a bigger ssd with a new os installation and I need to know whether it's needed to give my new laptop to the manufacturer for hardware inspection.

louis14, Jan 22, 2017
  6. philc43 Win User
    Its not easy to tell from the crash analysis. It could be a faulty RAM module or it could be some unknown driver that is causing memory corruption. At this stage there are two things you can do:

1. Perform a RAM test
    2. Run Driver Verifier to see if it can pinpoint any drivers misbehaving.

See below for more information.

bsod memory fault? [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.

Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please read and run driver verifier.

If you suspect a driver is causing a problem but do not have a clear idea which one it is then Driver Verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or until you have a bluescreen, whichever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset driver verifier from within safe mode, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

philc43, Jan 22, 2017
  7. louis14 Win User
    I have tried 2 things with memtest86+.
    first I burned a bootable cd but I could not boot from the cd
    then I created a bootable usb stick and again i could not boot from the stick
    probably it is because i boot in the uefi mode and not the legacy mode
    therefore i created a bootable cd with the latest version (dec 2016) of memtest86 and the booting process and the test succeeded.
    memtest86 (and not memtest86+) seems to support tests for 64 bit data and support also DDR4 ram (my ram is DDR4): I don't know if this is important.
    My test result is 0 errors for all tests in 10 passes during more then 11 hours.
    I forgot to save the html report to my disk.
    I have tried to add the pictures of my screen results.but the management of the attachment in the posting did not succeed: there was an upload but the file(jpg) did not appaer in the window attachments or i could not drag it to the window attachments (there was no file in the home window)

louis14, Jan 24, 2017
  8. philc43 Win User

bsod memory fault?

Memtest86+ will be better if you can get it working. There will be a setting to change in the BIOS before a USB stick can be used as a boot device. If you have fast boot or ultra fast boot enabled in your UEFI firmware settings, then you will need to temporarily disable fast boot or ultra fast boot to be able to boot from a USB. See: USB Drive - Boot from in Windows 10

philc43, Jan 24, 2017
  9. louis14 Win User
    I have enabled legacy boot on my bios so I could boot from memtest86+ cd.
    I have runned 14 passes with no errors.
    I tried to attach a photo of the result with "manage attachments" but it didn't succeed.

louis14, Jan 25, 2017
  10. philc43 Win User
    So we can rule out the RAM being faulty. Hopefully Driver Verifier will help us pinpoint a faulty driver.

philc43, Jan 25, 2017
  11. louis14 Win User
    Can the pc with driver verifier enabled be let run in idle state (without going to sleep) during 48 hours?

louis14, Jan 28, 2017
  12. philc43 Win User
    Yes, it runs in the background testing the drivers. Do not leave for longer than 48 hours though.

philc43, Jan 28, 2017
  13. louis14 Win User

bsod memory fault?

First I made a restore point.I have started verifer and configured verier.after configuration veriifer gave the popup message "restart pc"
    i restarted my pc and immediately I got a bleu screen and my pc blocked.I powered off my pc to restart my pc and my pc gave a black screen with the message repairing.After that I get a screen with the message "restart again".I click restart again and again I got the blue screen.Again after restarting there was the message repairing and after this the massage 'restart again".After the restart again the bleu screen.
    I've given the laptop to the computer shop and the computer man in the shop said a clean install was needed.
    The man said also the message in the blue screen came from the verifier.I can't tell you the message.

louis14, Feb 1, 2017
  14. philc43 Win User
    I'm sorry you had these problems. When in repair mode it is usually possible to request that you restore to the earlier restore point you created. Sometimes you need the rescue media disk to enable this option. By all means try this if you have not yet done the clean install.

philc43, Feb 1, 2017
  15. louis14 Win User
    i have a new ssd with a clean install of windows 10 but i will repair(with the restore point) the windows 10 install on my old ssd.
    but how do i get in the repair mode when i have a constant bsod at boot up?I have uefi bios.

louis14, Mar 4, 2017
Thema:

bsod memory fault?

1. bsod memory fault? - Similar Threads - bsod memory fault

2. Constant BSOD's Pointing to Memory/Driver Fault - Need Help Diagnosing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD's Pointing to Memory/Driver Fault - Need Help Diagnosing: Hello. I've had BSOD's for as long as I have had my computer. I have tried in the past to solve the problem, but I never had any luck. Recently, I upgraded to Windows 11 and installed a new NVME drive. Unfortunately, the blue screens are now much more frequent anywhere from 5...
  3. Constant BSOD's Pointing to Memory/Driver Fault - Need Help Diagnosing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSOD's Pointing to Memory/Driver Fault - Need Help Diagnosing: Hello. I've had BSOD's for as long as I have had my computer. I have tried in the past to solve the problem, but I never had any luck. Recently, I upgraded to Windows 11 and installed a new NVME drive. Unfortunately, the blue screens are now much more frequent anywhere from 5...
  4. BSOD Page Fault

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Page Fault: Hi support,I have been getting a regular BSOD Page fault for a month now. I have updated NVIDIA drivers , AMD chipset drivers and removed things that were installed just before the fault started happening. I have done memory checks and error checking with no faults apparent....
  5. BSOD Page Fault

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Page Fault: Hi support,I have been getting a regular BSOD Page fault for a month now. I have updated NVIDIA drivers , AMD chipset drivers and removed things that were installed just before the fault started happening. I have done memory checks and error checking with no faults apparent....
  6. BSOD Page Fault

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. BSOD - Fault in hardware?

BSOD - Fault in hardware?: Hello community, I ran into a BSOD yesterday. Two stop codes I am getting are. "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL" "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED" My hardware is new 3 Months Old Ryzen 3600, Corsair veng. Mem. & ROG Strix B450 F System running at default values have...
  8. Random KERNEL_STACK_LOCKED_AT_EXIT and PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA and MEMORY MANAGEMENT BSODs

Random KERNEL_STACK_LOCKED_AT_EXIT and PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA and MEMORY MANAGEMENT BSODs: Installed Windows from scratch to eliminate any previous reason but BSODs keep coming: every few minutes without a clear cause. Every time slightly different. Obviously hardware problem, the question is which. No 3rd party drivers installed except what Windows update has to...
  9. Windows ressource monitor: Memory fault

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows ressource monitor: Memory fault: Hello I'm looking at the ressource monitor in the task manager. The memory section show some material error. Should I need to investigate that? The errors count do come and go, from 0 to 6 to 147 etc. [img] 124186
  10. BSOD - page_fault_in_nonpaged_area - memory at fault?

BSOD - page_fault_in_nonpaged_area - memory at fault?: For about the past month or two my PC has been freezing. At first it was irregular but in time it has gotten more and more common. My suspicion is that the RAM or HDD are at fault. I've tested and checked the HDD for problems as much as I can and nothing has ever come back...