Windows 10: BSOD on wake up from sleep

Discus and support BSOD on wake up from sleep in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After a recent update, On wake up I am told that "attempted to write to read only memory" I have looked at the debug file and it says that a driver is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dypcdiver, Jun 25, 2017.

1. dypcdiver Win User

BSOD on wake up from sleep

After a recent update, On wake up I am told that "attempted to write to read only memory"
    I have looked at the debug file and it says that a driver is at fault.
    How do I identify it and how do I replace it and from where?

:)

dypcdiver, Jun 25, 2017

2. Blue Screen die (BSOD), Windows 10 Professional Laptop Machine

I can confirm that this problem would occur every time I wake the computer up from sleep mode.

After a few seconds waking up from sleep mode, the computer will freeze and then BSOD occurs

Very annoying.

SuperBoyChoy, Jun 25, 2017
  3. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD in Windows 10 after wake up from sleep

I have this issue with BSOD on my computer whenever my system wakes up from sleep. It usually happen after awhile after wakes up from sleep (sometimes within half an hour or hours of used). If I never sleep my system (meaning always start from fresh restart),
    no issue with BSOD.

Attached is my minidump file.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=BBBE2E771BBAFCCB!4719&authkey=!ACl6Tb3NwjlChdE&ithint=file,dmp

Anyone can give a hand here?

instaFelix, Jun 25, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD on wake up from sleep [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    BSOD on wake up from sleep [​IMG]
    DRIVER VERIFIER
    *Arrow Run HDTune to
    • check the health,
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the health,
    • the error scan,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

*Arrow Run SeaTools DOS to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Run the long test.
    *Arrow Run chkdsk
    Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Use option TWO with parameter /r
    Upload the chkdsk log *Arrow Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log - Windows 7 Help Forums

5. zbook New Member
    Code: BugCheck BE, {ffff800028c05178, 8a00000000800121, ffff80002e11eca0, b}*** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for win32k.sysProbably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] Code: BugCheck BE, {ffffe200ca602178, 8a00000000800121, ffffe200ce30d2e0, b}*** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for win32k.sysProbably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] Code: BugCheck BE, {ffffa6015e607178, 8a00000000800121, ffffa6016060dca0, b}*** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for win32k.sysProbably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] Code: BugCheck BE, {ffff9e8130402178, 8a00000000800121, ffff9e81312802e0, b}*** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for win32k.sysProbably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] Code: BugCheck BE, {ffffc40016802178, 8a00000000800121, ffffc4001c49d2e0, b}*** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for win32k.sysProbably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] Code: BugCheck BE, {ffff95009ba02178, 8a00000000800121, ffff95009d7a8130, b}*** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for win32k.sysProbably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] Code: BugCheck BE, {ffff9681aee06178, 8a00000000800121, ffff9681b2cc82e0, b}*** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for win32k.sysProbably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] Code: BugCheck BE, {ffffb18103e06178, 8a00000000800121, ffffb18106346200, b}*** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for win32k.sysProbably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] Code: Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001.[/quote] Code: The Avira Web Protection service depends on the Avira Real-Time Protection service which failed to start because of the following error: After starting, the service hung in a start-pending state.[/quote] Code: The device, \Device\Harddisk3\DR3, has a bad block.[/quote]
    Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:

1) winver (in the pop up about windows > view your windows version and build > type this information into the thread)

2) sfc /scannow

3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

4) powercfg.exe /hibernate off

When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on copy > paste into the thread

5) chkdsk /r (this may take many hours, plan to run overnight)

Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    CHKDSK: What is it and how do I run it? - Ask Leo!
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!
    How to find chkdsk results in Windows 10 - Winaero uses 26226 find

6) Run a SMART tests on your HD and when it is complete please post images into the thread of the drive and the data.

HD Tune website

7) run Sea tools for windows using SMART, short and long generic and report result into the thread.

http://www.seagate.com/support/downl...ls-win-master/
    How to use SeaTools for Windows

zbook, Jun 26, 2017
  6. Rule 4
    No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc) - it is forum policy that no help shall be given to people who knowingly steal software or services.

One of the main reasons for this is that the act of pirating the software will inevitably change the working of the software and make investigation and repair impossible. Please install a legitimate copy of the software and if you are still experiencing the issue we will be please to assist - No further assistance will be provided until we are satisfied that the software is genuine.

BSODHunter, Jun 26, 2017
  7. dypcdiver Win User
    @BOSDHunter
    My version of windows 10 Pro was an upgrade from a genuine and registered Windows 7 Pro.
    I have the disk here.

dypcdiver, Jun 26, 2017
  8. BSOD on wake up from sleep

Theres a tool which is used to bypass the activation of microsoft products. If you are sure you did not use a tool like this, maybe a friend or store tech did it without your knowledge.

BSODHunter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD on wake up from sleep - Similar Threads - BSOD wake sleep

2. BSOD when PC wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when PC wakes up from sleep: Hello,Since a few weeks i'm running into the issue of my pc having a blue screen when I wake it up from sleep, this is pretty irritating since the pc always has to restart after waking up and it takes long. I'm not a tech guy so I would really appreciate if someone can help...
  3. BSOD on wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BSOD on wake from sleep: I've had this problem with my PC and haven't been able to figure it out yet. It happens when my 1st Gen Scarlett 2i2 audio interface is plugged in while asleep. When I wake my computer from sleep with the audio interface plugged in my computer crashes with a bsod of death....
  4. BSOD when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when waking up from sleep: Hello all, Last few weeks, I have been getting BSOD when waking my PC up from sleep in the morning. I do telework bc of the pandemic and when I wake up the PC, it shows blue screen. Sometimes it shows an error code and sometimes it doesn't. I have attached the LOG files as...
  5. wake up from sleep?

wake up from sleep?: I can't wake up my computer from sleep be clicking the mouse or using the keyboard. I have tried everything and all the settings in device manager are set the same as my other computer and that one works fine....
  6. Wake up from sleep

Wake up from sleep: Hi My laptop doesn't wakeup after I put it to sleep, I just get a blank grey screen. I have to force a restart. What am I doing wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wake-up-from-sleep/c338a9d8-9ad1-4408-ac39-f86c54be1119
  7. Will not wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Will not wake up from sleep: I have 1809-17763.379 and if I choose sleep by right clicking the start button the computer will not wake up with the mouse or keyboard. It will wake up from screensaver with the mouse. If I push the power button it will wake up. Any suggestions will be appreciated. 130026
  8. Wake up from sleep

Wake up from sleep: Sirs, Windows 10 Version 1809 is very slow to recover from 'sleep'. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wake-up-from-sleep/98c1ef70-18db-42b8-84c2-8c43d679e85b
  9. BSOD sadface when waking up from sleep

BSOD sadface when waking up from sleep: I normally always sleep my PC, rarely shut it down. So I slept my PC like normal after updating to windows 10, and sadface BSOD came up. Tried it again, happened again. It keeps happening, 100% of the time I wake it up, BSOD. Not sure what is going on. The zip file is...
  10. BSOD when waking up from sleep

BSOD when waking up from sleep: So, I was having this problem for awhile now and the BSOD when waking up was "kernel_data_inpage_error" but kept freezing on 0% to create minidumps, I was unable to get those. Today was a different error "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" and was able to get one minidump from it. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bsod on wake up